These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

players unite for change

First post
Author
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#21 - 2014-04-30 09:50:55 UTC
Victor Andall wrote:
How about instead of whining in GD you post in Features.

1. How about instead of posting in features (if you feel that isn't enough), you talk to the CSM who demonstrably have some say and sway in EVE development?

2. How about you stop recruiting other players to fight your vague angst Revolution?

3. And what exactly do you even mean by "be a pain in the butt for CCP?"

4. Short of unsubbing what do you think you can do that would be even remotely consequential to CCP nerfing AFK Cloaking?

5. Because let's not kid ourselves, this is what this thread is about.

1. send a mail to a CSM and ull prolly get an answer about the correct way is by the features and idea section, whioch leads u into a long debate that ends up With nothing constructive.

2. and 5. the idea is to get players to work together one the most wanted ideas and make it happen.

3. heh.... begin With make a demand or wanted suggestion in the forum, if its ignored, then begin bombard ccp With petitions or/nd mails to the correct persons. 1 mail wont do much, but when u get 2-300 everyday, u have to do something.

4. afk cloaking has been an issue a long time and from what ive seen, it hasnt been fixed or changed... so thats an well known issue players can demand a change for

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#22 - 2014-04-30 09:52:39 UTC
Goatman NotMyFault wrote:

4. afk cloaking has been an issue a long time and from what ive seen, it hasnt been fixed or changed... so thats an well known issue players can demand a change for

AAnnnd time to add another DE alt to the Ignore Gang

Bye!

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Royce Kado
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-04-30 09:58:20 UTC
...make players agree...

You must be new here
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#24 - 2014-04-30 10:00:27 UTC

It hasn't been "fixed or changed" because there is nothing wrong with it.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Omega Sunset
Black.Omega
#25 - 2014-04-30 10:02:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Omega Sunset
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

It hasn't been "fixed or changed" because there is nothing wrong with it.

QFT^^

—Ω—

Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-04-30 10:07:04 UTC
Royce Kado wrote:
...make players agree...

You must be new here

HA!

People: "You shouldn't burn bridges." Me: "I don't, I bomb them from orbit."

Erica Dusette
Division 13
#27 - 2014-04-30 10:39:54 UTC

I was right there with you until I got to this part.

Oh well, onto the NeXT thread I guess.

Jack Miton > you be nice or you're sleeping on the couch again!

Part-Time Wormhole Pirate Full-Time Supermodel

worмнole dιary + cнaracтer вιoѕвσss

Marsha Mallow
#28 - 2014-04-30 13:36:42 UTC
So my suggestion is to make players agree

The only thing that springs to mind we might get a consensus on is that a lot of us seem to want hats for our avatars. Although there's a stocking debate raging somewhere complete with some disturbingly detailed pics. Not sure how to force those people to agree, they seem quite firm in their ideas and they've clearly spent ages playing with those images.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#29 - 2014-04-30 13:42:17 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
So my suggestion is to make players agree

The only thing that springs to mind we might get a consensus on is that a lot of us seem to want hats for our avatars. Although there's a stocking debate raging somewhere complete with some disturbingly detailed pics. Not sure how to force those people to agree, they seem quite firm in their ideas and they've clearly spent ages playing with those images.

HATS!!! I would like a jaunty beret that screams "Silence"! (pronounced en francais)

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Bruce Kemp
x13
Northern Coalition.
#30 - 2014-04-30 13:42:57 UTC
If people played EVE as much as they posted rubbish on these forums, they might enjoy the game. Roll

Twisted
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#31 - 2014-04-30 13:44:41 UTC
... would like to see CCP Soundwave back in charge.

People can figure out the "why" to their own individual satisfaction.

Evil

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Solecist Project
#32 - 2014-04-30 13:47:46 UTC
This isn't how one initiates change.

That's why theorists are theorists.

They have no idea about practise.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Solecist Project
#33 - 2014-04-30 13:51:17 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Bye!

I only glimpsed superficially at his posts,
but he doesn't sound like the usual suspect.

Tbh I haven't seen the two in a few days now.

Did my petitions,
spamming the report button
and ranting at everybody really help? xD

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#34 - 2014-04-30 13:55:50 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

If by "change" you mean people going on maternity leave, or finding other employment (both of which can be great events in a person's life), then sure.

Time for an analogy, since it's "All The Rage" today...

Sometimes too much change is worse than no change at all, because it's like taking the rudder off a ship and still hoping to put that ship onto some meaningful course with a clear destination in mind.

/analogy... which is complete, by the way, and not being left half-finished until some vague, "when I feel like it", deadline...

Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Solecist Project
#35 - 2014-04-30 14:00:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Felicity Love wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:

If by "change" you mean people going on maternity leave, or finding other employment (both of which can be great events in a person's life), then sure.

Time for an analogy, since it's "All The Rage" today...

Sometimes too much change is worse than no change at all, because it's like taking the rudder off a ship and still hoping to put that ship onto some meaningful course with a clear destination in mind.

/analogy... which is complete, by the way, and not being left half-finished until some vague, "when I feel like it", deadline...

Instead of guessing the meaning,
you could just admit that you weren't able to follow and could have asked.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#36 - 2014-04-30 14:06:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
Solecist Project wrote:

Did my petitions,
spamming the report button
and ranting at everybody really help? xD

We can only hope

In regards to ignoring any direct posts by this guy, I just reckoned he was cos DE was maniacally vocal about it while everyone else was going about their business

Well, Salvos supported him, which was funny

Samillian
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#37 - 2014-04-30 14:28:16 UTC
...make players agree...

Herding cats is easier.

NBSI shall be the whole of the Law

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#38 - 2014-04-30 14:29:17 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Bye!

Relevant

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#39 - 2014-04-30 14:33:10 UTC
Quote:
22. Post constructively.

Negative feedback can be very useful to further improve EVE Online provided that it is presented in a civil and factual manner. All users are encouraged to honestly express their feelings regarding EVE Online and how it can be improved. Posts that are non-constructive, insulting or in breach of the rules will be deleted regardless of how valid the ideas behind them may be. Users are also reminded that posting with a lack of content also constitutes non-constructive posting.

Thread locked.

You should look into the Council of Stellar Management. I heard they're an obscure entity meant to represent the wishes of large numbers of players, and they have CCP's ear.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Previous page12