These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

players unite for change

First post
Author
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#1 - 2014-04-30 08:56:29 UTC
As it is now, everyone post different ideas all the time Features & Ideas and discussions ends up in nothing and hope for change just dies away. Features & Ideas is faulted by the basic idea its based upon....

So my suggestion is to make players agree on one big important change, work together and be a pain in the butt for CCP until they bend and finally listen to the players. Then move on to the NeXT change, idea or improvement.

Such a post, might be in violation of rules of conduct nr. 3. Ranting is prohibited.

....incite flaming.

But its the only way to get something done.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#2 - 2014-04-30 08:57:12 UTC
You forgot to say what it was you wanted changed.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#3 - 2014-04-30 09:11:10 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

DUH!!!

read my post again
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-04-30 09:14:21 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

That would mean he would have to detail a concrete proposal, which would doom his idea, since it would inevitably mean some people aren't going to agree with it in principle or because the implementation sucks.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#5 - 2014-04-30 09:14:45 UTC
Goatman NotMyFault wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

DUH!!!

read my post again

You still forgot to say what it was you wanted changed.
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#6 - 2014-04-30 09:16:46 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

That would mean he would have to detail a concrete proposal, which would doom his idea, since it would inevitably mean some people aren't going to agree with it in principle or because the implementation sucks.

there will always be some that totally disagree With every idea, so just pick the one that is suggested most.
Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#7 - 2014-04-30 09:17:35 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

DUH!!!

read my post again

You still forgot to say what it was you wanted changed.

;D LOL
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#8 - 2014-04-30 09:19:22 UTC
He doesn't care what's changed as long as we change it.
Omega Sunset
Black.Omega
#9 - 2014-04-30 09:19:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Omega Sunset
Fix bugs.
I think most will agree. Fix EVE, as one big important change.
Squish.
*slaps AFK cloaky button

—Ω—

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#10 - 2014-04-30 09:20:43 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

DUH!!!

read my post again

I did

If EVERYONE who has read your OP so far has not got the point, rather than saying "DUH" could you elucidate on what you are trying to suggest?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Goatman NotMyFault
Lubrication Industries
Band of Boogers
#11 - 2014-04-30 09:24:10 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:

EXACTLY!

The red line here is to make CCP listen to players and do some of the most wanted changes happen. As it is now, the forum is a kindergarden filled With headless chickens that run around without a clear purpose or will to make a difference.
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#12 - 2014-04-30 09:26:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Ramona McCandless
Riot Girl wrote:

EXACTLY!

The red line here is to make CCP listen to players and do some of the most wanted changes happen. As it is now, the forum is a kindergarden filled With headless chickens that run around without a clear purpose or will to make a difference.

So... you dont see how changing something for the sake of changing it is running about like a headless chicken?

Sebeistors really ARE the bane of my life

King Fu Hostile
Shiva Furnace
#13 - 2014-04-30 09:28:40 UTC
Riot Girl wrote:

EXACTLY!

**** yeah lets unite to change something something!

Everybody come on! Lets do eeet it's important in some way
Destination SkillQueue
Doomheim
#14 - 2014-04-30 09:28:48 UTC
Destination SkillQueue wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

there will always be some that totally disagree With every idea, so just pick the one that is suggested most.

Why not go with the idea, that is the best instead? Either way you're going to need some kind of a forum area where people can post their ideas, so they can be either counted or debated. Exactly what we have now.

Alternatively we could go with something suitably unspecified, so everyone can project their own wishes in to it. Therefore I propose that the player base demands as a unified front, that CCP needs to improve and keep improving EVE-Online and we aren't going to take a no for an answer.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#15 - 2014-04-30 09:37:22 UTC
Dreadchain
Lavateinn
#16 - 2014-04-30 09:38:16 UTC
EXACTLY!

Clearly we need some sort of operating authority for New Eden to decide of changes which need to be done. And there is only one power great enough to accept this sort of responsibility: The New Order of Highsec

www.minerbumping.com

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#17 - 2014-04-30 09:38:29 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
made me think of this

Splitter

Victor Andall
#18 - 2014-04-30 09:38:37 UTC
How about instead of whining in GD you post in Features.

How about instead of posting in features (if you feel that isn't enough), you talk to the CSM who demonstrably have some say and sway in EVE development?

How about you stop recruiting other players to fight your vague angst Revolution?

And what exactly do you even mean by "be a pain in the butt for CCP?"

Short of unsubbing what do you think you can do that would be even remotely consequential to CCP nerfing AFK Cloaking?

Because let's not kid ourselves, this is what this thread is about.

I just undocked for the first time and someone challenged me to a duel. Wat do?

19.08.2014 - Dinsdale gets slammed by CCP Falcon. Never forget.

Omega Sunset
Black.Omega
#19 - 2014-04-30 09:38:54 UTC

But isn't that what they are already doing. You are talking about adding something big, which is not really what they are doing. The game community has already spoken on this, it's about fixing bugs. They add little things, yeah, but they are focused on fixing the game. That's what they set out to do a couple years back, and they are not done yet. Adding "stuff" even if it's one big stuff, only slows them down with what they are suppose to be doing. They listened, and they are doing as they said they would. All the headless chicken stuff in the forums are just players that don't get it, they will always be around.

—Ω—

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#20 - 2014-04-30 09:39:27 UTC
Dreadchain wrote:
EXACTLY!

Clearly we need some sort of operating authority for New Eden to decide of changes which need to be done. And there is only one power great enough to accept this sort of responsibility: The New Order of Highsec

I like how even your own avatar seems to be says "Oh, You!"

12Next page