These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Help with a decision.

Author
Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-04-30 07:30:52 UTC
So I decided to finally clean out an old hanger in null sec from a few years ago. Pretty much contracted everything out at like 50-70% below Jita prices just to get rid of it.

I'm sitting in my hanger with two of my favorite ships wondering which one I should try and burn my way out of null sec back to high sec in.

I have a choice between a scout fit Dramiel or a Scorpion loaded with T2 ECM fun.

I know speed is probably my best bet, but I'm so torn between the two.

Expert advice wanted.

People: "You shouldn't burn bridges." Me: "I don't, I bomb them from orbit."

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-04-30 07:32:45 UTC
u kno you really need an Interceptor
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#3 - 2014-04-30 07:33:39 UTC
Set your medical clone to current station if you can and then have 2 goes at it.
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#4 - 2014-04-30 07:34:53 UTC
If you're not shipping particularly expensive implants in that clone, I'd take the Scorpion and go out in a blaze of glory!
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-04-30 07:36:10 UTC
This is the quietest time of day on server so if your going to do it, now is the time :D
Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-04-30 07:37:36 UTC
Mara Rinn wrote:
If you're not shipping particularly expensive implants in that clone, I'd take the Scorpion and go out in a blaze of glory!

Just one of the Genolution Core Augmentation CA-1 from a few years back when they handed them out.

Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-04-30 07:38:25 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Set your medical clone to current station if you can and then have 2 goes at it.

The station won't allow me to use services.

Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-04-30 07:39:19 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
This is the quietest time of day on server so if your going to do it, now is the time :D

I would but I'm at work and lord knows the moment I undock I'm going to get mobbed by calls and guests Shocked

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#9 - 2014-04-30 07:39:50 UTC
Nakami Saans wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:

Just one of the Genolution Core Augmentation CA-1 from a few years back when they handed them out.

Only worth about 40 mill if that, not a great loss. I lost a full set of those being an idiot in losec in a firefly just a few weeks back :D
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-04-30 07:42:54 UTC
Nakami Saans wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Someone else has SOV now ? Maybe find the nearest station that allows you to make a new med clone and make a run for that first.
Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-04-30 07:43:10 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Nakami Saans wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:

Only worth about 40 mill if that, not a great loss. I lost a full set of those being an idiot in losec in a firefly just a few weeks back :D

I'm not really worried about losing stuff at this point. This stuff has been collecting dust for 2 years now, what good is it to me. I was originally going to make a break for it with the Dramiel but I thought, I've got an ECM boat, I could get away if I jam the crap out of the chasers, then dilemma about which ship to take lol

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2014-04-30 07:46:09 UTC
Nakami Saans wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Nakami Saans wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:

I'm not really worried about losing stuff at this point. This stuff has been collecting dust for 2 years now, what good is it to me. I was originally going to make a break for it with the Dramiel but I thought, I've got an ECM boat, I could get away if I jam the crap out of the chasers, then dilemma about which ship to take lol

Depending where in null you are its bubbles will likely be your make or break :D
Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-04-30 07:46:59 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Nakami Saans wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

Someone else has SOV now ? Maybe find the nearest station that allows you to make a new med clone and make a run for that first.

I"ve been NPC corp for two years now. School is not conducive for Eve and vice versa lol I'm in between semesters and just mission running and solo exploration.

Prince Sanguine
#14 - 2014-04-30 07:47:37 UTC
Can you contract me whichever ship you're leaving behind? This is assuming it's in cfc space. I'll put it to use until I blow it up.

Everytime you read this you are required to send 100 million isk directly to me.

Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#15 - 2014-04-30 07:48:23 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Nakami Saans wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Nakami Saans wrote:
Mara Rinn wrote:

Depending where in null you are its bubbles will likely be your make or break :D

Oasa in the Drone Regions. This used to be Strange Brew but is now NC.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-04-30 07:50:05 UTC
Nakami Saans wrote:
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Nakami Saans wrote:
Scipio Artelius wrote:

I"ve been NPC corp for two years now. School is not conducive for Eve and vice versa lol I'm in between semesters and just mission running and solo exploration.

ah ... well in bluesec even a neutral in system will make most of the denizens run and hide rather than chase you. Gatecamps are an issue though.
Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-04-30 07:53:57 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:

ah ... well in bluesec even a neutral in system will make most of the denizens run and hide rather than chase you. Gatecamps are an issue though.

I remember hiding myself in those days lol

Omega Sunset
Black.Omega
#18 - 2014-04-30 09:03:54 UTC
If those are the only choices I guess the scorp. I like my scorp, but I wouldn't do that to it.. Oops
Neither choice seems good... may as well run it with a shuttle or newbie ship.
Interceptor or cov-ops pref. I don't fly interceptors so I'd do it with my shiny Buzzard or Anathema scouts.
Use Dotlan and run it in off hours, best bet.

—Ω—

Nakami Saans
Perkone
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-04-30 09:19:02 UTC
Omega Sunset wrote:
If those are the only choices I guess the scorp. I like my scorp, but I wouldn't do that to it.. Oops
Neither choice seems good... may as well run it with a shuttle or newbie ship.
Interceptor or cov-ops pref. I don't fly interceptors so I'd do it with my shiny Buzzard or Anathema scouts.
Use Dotlan and run it in off hours, best bet.

I have a buzzard in highsec. I'm being sentimental and instead of selling both, I want to try and save one of them.

Royce Kado
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-04-30 10:10:27 UTC
Try contacting the station owners and see if you can setup a courier contract to get them moved.
12Next page