These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Interceptor fleet are not fun at all

Author
Gawain Edmond
Khanid Bureau of Industry
#181 - 2014-04-28 10:11:17 UTC
warrior 2's 5040m/s before skills
an intercepter with no cap and webbed (there is no excuse for not being able to web and neut an intercepter other than "we couldn't be bothered and wanted to die anyway") not very fast even with all the skills in the world and boosts
oh and if you REALLY want to be use battleship sized guns bring target painters too!!

rapid light missiles kill them dead fast and come on ships with a longer lock range.

i know we'll play a game!! give 1 reason for not being able to do each of the following
a) neuting an intercepter within it's point range
b) webbing an intercepter
c) pointing an intercepter
d) target painting an intercepter
c) bringing caracals with rlm's to kill all the intercepters and laugh as they run away like little girls

now remember that if you can do any or all of those things the intercepters won't get any kills and you won't catch them but making them run home like little girls is also winning the fight
Rab See
Stellar Dynamics
#182 - 2014-04-28 15:37:34 UTC
Make Hictos have a consumable script that lights bubble killing interdiction.

Bubble up for 30 seconds, script costs a significant amount, hictors get used and inty fleets get to be more wary.
SFM Hobb3s
Perkone
Caldari State
#183 - 2014-04-28 17:38:07 UTC
Gawain Edmond wrote:
c) bringing caracals with rlm's to kill all the intercepters and laugh as they run away like little girls

now remember that if you can do any or all of those things the intercepters won't get any kills and you won't catch them but making them run home like little girls is also winning the fight

It's probably important to know that most inties moonwalk past any type of camp (even remote sebo'd). And most importantly, as a matter of course we do scream like little girls as we're tackling things with near impunity. Its fantastic!
Gawain Edmond
Khanid Bureau of Industry
#184 - 2014-04-29 08:50:22 UTC
oh i know i do the same thing running around providence but they atleast form up gangs to counter us granted they bring gangs that outnumber us 3 or 4 to 1 with all the rapid light launchers and stacks of insta locking cepters and there isn't much that you can do about it so you wonder off somewhere else the counters to intercepters are easy holding them down to kill isn't but countering them is
Odoman Empeer
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#185 - 2014-04-29 12:27:30 UTC
Ssoraszh Tzarszh wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
No. Ceptor fleets are a lot of fun exactly because you cannot be caught easily. It's not the only fun in the game in terms of fleet roams, but it certainly is a lot of fun, because you can cover large areas of space in a fairly short amount of time and are not stuck at one place. That is great. Learn to live with it, it's your CSM members who endorsed this change anyways. Blink

Besides, Ceptor fleets are very easy to counter or to stop with various existing means. If your idea came through, however, then this scripted bubble should not be able to stop non-nullified ships and only affect those with nullification. Blink

It would be better to have to make the choice to counter Interceptors on Interdictors when fitting the ship with a special module overcoming the specific nullified effects. This would also make it more dangerous for T3's to roam around.

Although the impunity witch Inteceptors now have seems a bit silly. There is no ship that can warp faster, move faster on grid or enjoy the safety of bubble free roaming like it. And i like the fact that nullsec carebears no longer have the safety of 900 anchored warp bubbles on gates the immense speed inties enjoy on all levels makes forming a counter fleet near impossible unless you have your own ceptor fleet standing by.

To not have everyone just spam the module only interdictors sould be able to fit the 'anti-nullify' module and it requires ammo equal in size to the cap booster 400's maybe? This would generate an option to fit specific ships as anti-inteceptor with Scram (anti MWD) Web (anti AB and general speed) and the anti nullify module. This would mean 3 modules, ammo and a heavy skill requirement for the ships to counter the easy peasy inty roams.

[edit]

Little Dragon Khamez wrote:

Smart bombing gate camps.

htfu etc.

Really, you never use d-scan when in inty roams? not saying it never happens but smartbombs on gates are easily avoided by inties because of the accelerated warp speed.

Cloak 5001 m off gate in direction of other gate. Wait for ceptors to show up on d scan. decloak, start smart bombing. Wait for ceptors to land on gate and blow up. Don't need to lock to smart bomb, so just put a cloak on it and they'll quite litterally never see it coming.
GavinGoodrich
Perkone
Caldari State
#186 - 2014-04-29 15:26:21 UTC  |  Edited by: GavinGoodrich
Ugly Eric wrote:
eat a quafe

I laughed. So mature at 32, I know.

*edit* Roamed with BL and various other entities up north in inty gangs, and can say flying an inty ain't easy. Went into armor on a shield tank multiple times on several close calls. That's usually when getting initial or secondary tackle. Lots of other people have the same story, as they've stated earlier in the thread. It's EXCITING. And fast-paced. Screw up and you miss out on more excitement down the road as they go after more while you pod back.

We tackled a ratting raven and it took us over 5 minutes to kill the damn thing. With about 12+ crows. Don't tell us we can't be baited Big smile

Haaaaaalp my head's on fire

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#187 - 2014-04-29 16:29:17 UTC
Inty fleets are an indication that bubbles are OP.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#188 - 2014-04-29 16:33:04 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Inty fleets are an indication that bubbles are OP.

Agreed. That said, I just PvP in low-sec. It's much more fun IMHO.
Viribus
Lords of the Lockerroom
WE FORM YUG0SLAVIA
#189 - 2014-04-29 16:38:22 UTC
Odoman Empeer wrote:

Cloak 5001 m off gate in direction of other gate. Wait for ceptors to show up on d scan. decloak, start smart bombing. Wait for ceptors to land on gate and blow up. Don't need to lock to smart bomb, so just put a cloak on it and they'll quite litterally never see it coming.

I think you're seriously underestimating the ehp of a ceptor
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#190 - 2014-04-29 17:17:30 UTC
Cardano Firesnake wrote:
Interceptor fleet are not fun at all.

some people think mining isn't fun too.. if you don't like interceptor fleets.... don't fly in them.

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#191 - 2014-04-30 03:50:36 UTC
Viribus wrote:
Odoman Empeer wrote:

I think you're seriously underestimating the ehp of a ceptor

I tried with a Rokh. No interceptor ever been destroyed. Perharps with more....

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#192 - 2014-04-30 03:51:56 UTC
Barbara Nichole wrote:
Cardano Firesnake wrote:

some people think mining isn't fun too.. if you don't like interceptor fleets.... don't fly in them.

In fact it is not flying them the problem. It is the fact that they removed any other type of fleet.

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#193 - 2014-04-30 05:52:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Cardano Firesnake wrote:
Barbara Nichole wrote:
Cardano Firesnake wrote:

In fact it is not flying them the problem. It is the fact that they removed any other type of fleet.

Would you please stop lying to yourself, and more importantly, to the rest of the community? OR implying that CFC is the only entity in this game? There are other people in this game (believe it or not) and they fly other fleet setups than ceptors. If CFC is incapable of doing that, that's your problem but not one for the rest of the community. Resolve that internally and not on the back of the rest of the community. Roll

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#194 - 2014-04-30 09:01:22 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Cardano Firesnake wrote:
Barbara Nichole wrote:
Cardano Firesnake wrote:

Would you please stop lying to yourself, and more importantly, to the rest of the community? OR implying that CFC is the only entity in this game? There are other people in this game (believe it or not) and they fly other fleet setups than ceptors. If CFC is incapable of doing that, that's your problem but not one for the rest of the community. Resolve that internally and not on the back of the rest of the community. Roll

Happy to read this ;-)

These fleet do not come to Deklein though. I agree that I only can only talk about my game experience.

But obviously why flying something else for the moment?

Interceptors are so cool... Fast to travel, nearly impossible to catch and able to engage what they want to.

Of course you will not take SOV with Inty fleet. But you will be able to give the sensation to those who got SOV that they cannot protect them.

Perharps it is not a so bad thing in fact.

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#195 - 2014-04-30 10:04:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Cardano Firesnake wrote:

Happy to read this ;-)

These fleet do not come to Deklein though. I agree that I only can only talk about my game experience.

But obviously why flying something else for the moment?

Interceptors are so cool... Fast to travel, nearly impossible to catch and able to engage what they want to.

Of course you will not take SOV with Inty fleet. But you will be able to give the sensation to those who got SOV that they cannot protect them.

Perharps it is not a so bad thing in fact.

Please allow me to link this. Your SOV is not an electro-fenced, walled garden where only stuff you want to see enters, it's open land that you need to plug if you can. If you cannot, you are not fit for SOV.

Also, and that is a very bold request, but just maybe you could leave Decline and move around a bit? You know, into other regions, see a bit more of the game than only Guristas Sanctums and VFK station interiors. You would be surprised what you can see outside Decline. But please don't expect the game to change because your little regions is raided by other players.

Why you don't see people fly something else into Deklein? Uhm ... your homedef? Your constant overreaction and blobbing? Maybe you should change your knee-jerk reactions in the game? It is, of course, your right to blob a frigate fleet with dozens of ships cruiser-size and bigger, it is your space after all. But then please don't expect from the other players to bring riskier and less useful ships to your space. Blink

Why fly something else at the moment? Because it is fun? Because you can catch other people off-guard? Because other ships are nice to fly. Would I bring other ships to Deklein, big ships maybe? No. Why? See above.

I don't see with the problem with "give the sensation to those who got SOV that they cannot protect them". The time for easy SOV defense is over. Roll

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#196 - 2014-04-30 13:25:57 UTC
Ugly Eric wrote:

Also it seems that the CFC mentality is that tears in hsec are best of everything and yet when someone makes you tear a lot in 0.0 its so wrong it needs to be nerfed.

Confirming goon tears thread.
Dynamiittiukko
Fistful of Finns
#197 - 2014-04-30 14:24:42 UTC
Josilin du Guesclin wrote:
Frankly, if null-sec is so safe that people are complaining because solo ratters get hit from time to time when they're not paying attention, it shouldn't be giving the income that it does.

QFT.

.d
Dynamiittiukko
Fistful of Finns
#198 - 2014-04-30 15:02:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Dynamiittiukko
*Well-thought out, only slightly sarcastic post gone to bit heaven because this forum software decided I should post a quote instead of the text I wrote in this text field. Can't delete the post either, that would be overpowered. Ah well.*
Shepard Wong Ogeko
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#199 - 2014-04-30 20:58:39 UTC
Just like I believe that miners getting ganked should teach them to properly fit a tank, I have no problems with people coming into our space and killing ratters who use stupid gimmick fits.

Seriously, I laugh when ever I see a fellow goon lose an Ishtar with T2 purgers, when all they do with it is run Forsaken Hubs.

Some day these guys will learn to stop over tanking for rats and plug that EM hole, or fit warp stabs, or not go make a sandwich while ratting.

I'm not a huge fan of the Interceptors being so hard to catch. I think they packed to many complimentary features into such a cheap package. Since each race gets 2 interceptors, CCP should have give each a DPS bonused one with no nullifier, and the nullified one would only get tackle bonus. If they idea was something that could scout ahead and land a tackle, that is fine.

But the Malediction gets a DPS bonus (rate of fire), a tank bonus (resists and MWD sig reduction), an tackle bonus (range and reduced cap) along with a built in nullifier. It is too much good in a cheap package, and it is a dead giveaway that things are unbalanced when so many are using it. Just like the Drake blobs were getting stale, and it is now Ishtar fleet every fleet.

Like so many other things though, I don't think CCP will try to adjust anything until we start abusing it. In the mean time though, I do enjoy my Taxi Malediction, and being able to fly to highsec without worry any time I need to pick up a skill book.
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#200 - 2014-05-01 20:24:49 UTC
Shepard Wong Ogeko wrote:
Some day these guys will learn to stop over tanking for rats and plug that EM hole, or fit warp stabs, or not go make a sandwich while ratting.
This is my duty to repost this fine link.

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !