These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

All time favorite ships

Author
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#1 - 2014-04-30 00:56:55 UTC
I have been gone from the game for a break. And so I have had some time to think about what my favorite ship in eve was. I say "was" because the ships have changed, but its ok to post a current ship if its your all time favorite. What were some of your favorites?

Here was my favorite ship:

[Rupture, Fittings.]
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Damage Control II

Large Shield Extender II
Warp Disruptor II
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Empty

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Small Unstable Power Fluctuator I
Medium Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

The medium slot wasn't there yet. It wasn't empty. I also had warriors and one valk for drones. I used to fly this ship with snakes in low sec faction war. It was very fast and even if I got scrammed I had some chances with the drones and the neuts. The guns were spread out so you could overheat longer. I am happy with the changes to eve for the most part but I do miss flying this ship. I loved the fact that its minmatar and looks like pieces could fall off but it was still fast - like the millennium falcon. This thing was a beast.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Lothros Andastar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-04-30 01:24:51 UTC
My Favs would have to be the Dominix or Ishtar.
Burtzum
Det Som Engang Var
#3 - 2014-04-30 01:35:07 UTC
Used to fly Drakes a lot. Then CCP nerfed them. Used to fly Tengu and Loki a lot. Then CCP banned them from hisec DED sites. Now I fly Ishtars. I also like my Orcas quite a lot.

All time favorite.... uhhhhhnnnn... I dunno. I try new parts of the game and CCP giggles things around... tough to stay married to one ship.
Akirei Scytale
Okami Syndicate
#4 - 2014-04-30 01:46:52 UTC
WHOAH.

People actually like the Drake and Domi?

Personally, I like any ship that requires thought and has a slim line between success and failure. Ships like the Vagabond and Firetail. Where every decision matters.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#5 - 2014-04-30 01:59:50 UTC
Thorax, domi, nyx, mackinaw

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#6 - 2014-04-30 02:04:49 UTC
Vexor Navy Issue, Ishkur, Thorax
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#7 - 2014-04-30 02:07:12 UTC
My secret shame is that I am a huge fan of the Coercer.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-04-30 02:33:05 UTC
Love the Coercer as well.

I listened to Kelon from E-Uni talk a lot about his adventures in nothing but Coercers. I've lost more than a few of them, but it's been a great learning experience.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#9 - 2014-04-30 02:58:18 UTC
Hawk/Herpes - any AF will do.
Just pack extra Blistex.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Bardulo Monikson
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-04-30 03:04:19 UTC
Ever since i could fly battleships it's been the Typhoon Fleet Issue.... not even sure why, but something about flying a big brick in space is kind of fun.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#11 - 2014-04-30 03:06:19 UTC
[Baltec1] Never not Mega [/Baltec1]

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Claud Tiberius
#12 - 2014-04-30 03:26:15 UTC
My favorite atm would have to be the Navy Caracal.

I also like the:
Hawk
Corax
Caracal
Drake
Raven + Navy
Scorpion + Navy

But mostly I just use the Navy Caracal, Hawk, Corax and CNR.

Once upon a time the Golem had a Raven hull and it looked good. Then it transformed into a plataduck. The end.

Precentor Saggitus
Planet Express Transport
#13 - 2014-04-30 04:14:46 UTC
The Prophecy, even before it became a drone ship. I really liked it in Carthum colors as the Absolution, I sort of hope that comes back in some form.

Next would be the Phantasm, the best looking of the pirate ships. Close third would be the Ashimmu.

Few people understand the psycology of a highway traffic cop. Your average speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#14 - 2014-04-30 04:44:56 UTC
Naglfar is the sexiest ship in the game unless the ship is a vagabond.
Cagot
Zendian Solutions
#15 - 2014-04-30 04:47:54 UTC
The pre-nerf Myrmidon -- great ship! It was fun to have a T1 BC that was better with drones than the best T1 drone cruiser. It even made sense!
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-04-30 04:48:33 UTC
Burtzum wrote:
Used to fly Drakes a lot. Then CCP nerfed them. Used to fly Tengu and Loki a lot. Then CCP banned them from hisec DED sites. Now I fly Ishtars.

Which are due for a nerf soon.

It is the CCP way. Anything with even a miniscule slight edge becomes popular in game. The forum trolls then call it OP citing popularity as evidence and then to keep the trolls happy CCP merrily nerf it back into obscurity never to be flown again :D
Cassandra Aurilien
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2014-04-30 04:50:08 UTC
Legion & Loki.

Going by looks, rather than use... Phantasm. Love that ship.

For just messing about... Mach & Nightmare.

Drak Morgan
Society of the Prevention of Cruelty to Drones
#18 - 2014-04-30 04:55:58 UTC
Rifter and Wolf.
Alduin666 Shikkoken
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-04-30 05:18:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Alduin666 Shikkoken
RLML Shield Bellicose - People really underestimate you. You can take on a frigate gang and even 1v1 a cruiser. People really underestimate you (twice for emphasis).

TD Armor RLML/Drone Arbitrator - Almost always wins against turret ships. Dies to missile ships. Again people underestimate you.

Any BLAP arty ship - What can I say . . . blapping frigs is fun.

Nano Tormentor - I think this bridges the gap between combat and attack frigates.

Legion - Can pretty much do anything solo pve related. Don't even have to bling fit it.

Honor is a fools prize. [I]Glory is of no use to the dead.[/I]

Be a man! Post with your main! ~Vas'Avi Community Manager

Nakami Saans
Conclave of Independent Pilots
#20 - 2014-04-30 05:29:09 UTC
My favorites are:

Tengu-Modular abilities appeal to me
Dramiel-love this design, looks dangerous and can fly
Buzzard-cloaky's are fun
Ferox-I know most people hate them but I love the ship
Scorpion-I hate being on the other end of ECM and I get a kind of profane pleasure when jamming someone else Twisted

People: "You shouldn't burn bridges." Me: "I don't, I bomb them from orbit."

123Next page