These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Crius] Jump Drive Isotope Consumption

First post First post First post
Author
Querns
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#261 - 2014-04-29 18:26:29 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
can't help but notice that all of the 'but it will hurt small alliances!' objections are from enormous nullscrub blob coalitions

I'm not even really sure what the large nullsec coalition folks (including those in my own "blob coalition") are worried about. The cost increase is absolutely trivial and the logistics of carrying the fuel have not changed.

The RZR dude has a fair point, though -- you may want to revisit compressed ice volumes and ensure they're brought in line with the changes made here.

This post was crafted by the wormhole expert of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal, the foremost authority on Eve: Online economics and gameplay.

Paul Tsukaya
Doomheim
#262 - 2014-04-29 18:33:37 UTC
Still waiting on someone from the likes of Mordus Angels, Dirt Nap Squad, IRED, Triumvirate, Sev3rance etc to weigh in on how this change will effect their small alliance.

I think we've heard enough from the CFC how much the small alliances they care about so very very much will suffer.
Dave Stark
#263 - 2014-04-29 18:35:56 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:
can't help but notice that all of the 'but it will hurt small alliances!' objections are from enormous nullscrub blob coalitions

that's because changes like this have forced them to the brink of extinction, and even if they did post they're so rare and unheard of you wouldn't notice who they are anyway.
Dinsdale Pirannha
Pirannha Corp
#264 - 2014-04-29 18:36:32 UTC
Zeus Maximo wrote:
I think Fozzie's board room meetings to discuss changes consists of him sitting in front of a mirror.

This one change just nerfed all of the bonus's you gave null sec industry.

Please.....

25 million ISK increase in transportation cost, 50 million round trip.
And null sec is being handed a buff of at least 10%, maybe as high as 25%, when all factors are calculated, including the ones that the dev's have promised in the blog but not implemented.

Even if your manufacturing costs have gone down only 10%, do you seriously expect anyone to believe you are still not making out like bandits?
xXFreshnessXx
Segmentum Solar
#265 - 2014-04-29 18:38:21 UTC
TrouserDeagle wrote:

Well you could say maybe it's because a lot of the "nullscrubs" as you put it don't want to be slaves of their masters and want more independence and the game is slowly making that a least viable option. I'd say almost every player in this game wants to be independent to a certain degree and possibly start a corp or alliance with one of their alts in hopes of it becoming something bigger or being able to live nomadic like and still plex their accounts. With changes like this they are being forced.. or rather more inclined to stay within there fat alliances or coalitions OR even perhaps join/merge in to one. Players want to play the game for free rather than be independent and subscribe their accounts, which tells you what they think of the game.

All these changes scream, more blobs, coaltion members, more tidi, more inflation, more plex buying. Also you should be glad we are looking out for you, the little guys, smaller alliances and other players in general. Don't stop being cool.
Follow me on Twitter @FR3SH0PShttps://twitter.com/FR3SH0PS
TheMercenaryKing
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#266 - 2014-04-29 18:40:47 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
CCP starts poking the "elephant in the room", entitled people start to cry.

Power projection is huge problem in this game and this is the first step to fix it. Props to CCP.

Power projection does need to be fixed. Personally I like an idea of where you need to wait 5 minutes after you jump before you can do it again, like how bomb launching works.

But the issue here is what CCP Fozzie proposed is actually dumb.

Quote:

The goals of this change are:
    (changed to ordered list)

1. Stimulate the isotope (and therefore ice) market to help cushion any drop in demand from players using smaller starbases after the science and industry slot changes.
  2. Help encourage cost competitiveness for local resource gathering in nullsec.
  3. ....provide a small incentive change through higher costs for moving huge capital fleets often.

1. Not many people will change the POSs, I can see some minor changes in high sec, but people with the small towers will be wardeced now that they must have the prints (Originals or copies) in the POS. The lower HP means its way, way easier to hit.

2. .
First: Local resources, you only have one type of isotopes in a region, so this is already an invalid point.
Second: People don't mine the isotopes because they are **** prices vs Dark glitter, CCP needs to either nerf it or modify all ice.

3. I said before, groups willing to use capitals typically replace them. If it is an alliance that hands out fuel (most do as far as i know when its an alliance op), that is maybe the cost of one dread reimbursement if they are moving +100 capitals.

All CCP would do is make it harder for smaller groups or individuals. This change is a terrible idea and should be scrapped.
Kat Ayclism
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#267 - 2014-04-29 18:47:37 UTC
I love when Fozzie drops terrible ideas and then disappears into the mists- it makes me feel like a valued customer of CCP.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#268 - 2014-04-29 18:50:55 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

To compensate for the extra isotopes that ships will need to carry, the volume of all four isotopes will be reduced by 1/3, to 0.1m3. Thanks to Resgo for some excellent feedback.[/b]

The storage volume of jump bridge starbase structures will be increased by 50% since Ozone volume won't be changing.

For reference, this will increase the cost of running a max skilled Rhea from Jita to RIT-A7 (jump drive transit the whole way) from ~50m isk to ~75m isk.

Without get into whether this is a necessary or beneficial change... Should I bother to compress ice now? Seems like that removes some of the reason to compress.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#269 - 2014-04-29 18:54:28 UTC
CCP - congrats you finally found that last nail.

Looking forward to the layoffs next Christmas
Rena Senn
Halal Gunnery
#270 - 2014-04-29 19:01:02 UTC
Isn't jacking up industry export costs going to make nullsec production less competitive, not more? What are you even trying to do here, CCP?
Feuerm0nd
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#271 - 2014-04-29 19:01:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Feuerm0nd
OK just to sum it up:

Jumping any capital will be 50 % more expensive and bridging is still cheap as ****.

Manufacturing in 00 was ment to be buffed with this expansion but it nerfed.

Small alliances that could be a thread to any big coalition (and thus create content!!!!) are nerfed to ineffectiveness and their life is made even more expensive with this (Small alliances don´t have the money creating capabilities of big coalitions nor the ratting space for the members).

Why don´t you increase the costs of bridging ships with titans? Now it will be worth jumping the first part with a JF to null and than just use titans that bridge your freighter (which can hold 3 times the goods than a JF) to the destination or maybe another "HUB" up in the 00 region where you can switch to a JF to get to the single systems withe the needed fuel /moongoods/materials.

The solution is not to nerf fuel consumption on all capitals but to nerf certain capitals as they are a too big part of power projection. Titans are strategicly important for the movement of big fleets. Big 00 block have them which is fine. But it has to be somewhat expensive to have the advantage to move a fleet directly into the target system instead of moving it through gates.

Also: Supers have the same base fuel usage than carriers but have a bigger mass and a bigger resource consumption for building.

Why do supers need as much fuel as normal carriers for the same jump?

Shouldn´t be Titans with their extremely useful strategic options and supers which are important for current 00 warfere/sov warefare be using more fuel so if big alliances use them they pay for the big advantage?

Don´t nerf the 00 industry you just try to improve. The minerals you get more with a fully upgraded outpost in 00 are useless if it is too expensive to move the build mods or ships to Highsec/The warzone for actual use. Please don´t make the players do the same thing after you focussed too much on walking on stations. Find a way to create more conflicts because without any conflict eve will be boring and the industry (you just revamped) will die due to not enough ships been blown up in wars.

Edit: Also you are nerfing the Blops gangs from small corps alliances that annoy big alliances and after the siphon I thgought ccp wants to improve guerilla warfare possibilities and not nerf them.

PS: This is my personal opinion and not the one of my Alliance or Corparation.
Michael Harari
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#272 - 2014-04-29 19:02:20 UTC
Rena Senn wrote:
Isn't jacking up industry export costs going to make nullsec production less competitive, not more? What are you even trying to do here, CCP?

They dont want you competing with highsec. They want highsec to supply (most) of highsec, and for nullsec industry to use local resources and produce for local needs.
Elise Randolph
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#273 - 2014-04-29 19:05:25 UTC
Man, poor Fozzie. The only way he'll get to 10k likes now is to delete capitals, or something massive to appease the clueless fools crying "power projection" every five minutes.

~

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#274 - 2014-04-29 19:08:30 UTC
Michael Harari wrote:
Rena Senn wrote:

They dont want you competing with highsec. They want highsec to supply (most) of highsec, and for nullsec industry to use local resources and produce for local needs.

Movement of things between high, low, and null creates more opportunities for mistake-driven content.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Rena Senn
Halal Gunnery
#275 - 2014-04-29 19:09:25 UTC
Michael Harari wrote:
Rena Senn wrote:

So in other words a flat out consumption tax nerf to anyone living outside of null, which includes not just highsec carebears but also lowsec and wormhole dwellers who won't have nullsec docking rights or sufficient risk/reward incentive to purchase out of null even if things are cheaper there.
Marlona Sky
State War Academy
Caldari State
#276 - 2014-04-29 19:10:41 UTC
Why can't my bucket hold all these bloc tears?! Lol
TrouserDeagle
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#277 - 2014-04-29 19:10:51 UTC
Elise Randolph wrote:
Man, poor Fozzie. The only way he'll get to 10k likes now is to delete capitals, or something massive to appease the clueless fools crying "power projection" every five minutes.

more like you're a clueless fool
Ren Coursa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#278 - 2014-04-29 19:16:35 UTC
I'am twelve and what is this. I don't have a clue what all this means since i just fly frigs and blow up. But it's interesting to read the drama and it is also interesting to note the absence of Fozzie.
He would do well in facing the critizism head on, explain and argue his point. This expansion seems to be turning into crazyness when you read peoples reactions to the industry stuff and now this.

Gonna be an interesting summer.

//Some men just want to watch the world burn.
Dave Stark
#279 - 2014-04-29 19:16:54 UTC
Marlona Sky wrote:
Why can't my bucket hold all these bloc tears?! Lol

feedback; now classed as tears.
Amely Miles
Second Exile
#280 - 2014-04-29 19:21:45 UTC
MagnusBraxx wrote:
Dear ccp fozzie...I don't like you. you are a ***!

+1

As I slipped my finger slowly inside her hole, I could immediately feel it getting wetter and wetter.

I took my finger back out and within seconds she was going down on me.

"I really need a new boat," I thought to myself.