These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Reaction to the new nullsec Anomalies.

First post
Author
TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2011-12-01 20:22:15 UTC
CCP,
While I appreciate your concern for nullsec iskmaking, the steps you took were not in the right direction. Pre-Crucible I could make 75m+ an hour casually ratting with a Dominix and a Machariel. Both DPS fitted, the Machariel was speed tanked. I could rat with extreme ease in my -0.5 system, whilst grinding to afford the insanity that is the current PLEX price.

Now, however, the Machariel is no longer effective at any level of nullsec anomalie, and the Dominix would certainly be vaporized. Now I am forced to use only my Thanatos, it's the only one that can survive this dps, and even sometimes I fear that the dualrep mid-meta setup cannot keep up. I have a 2800 dps tank against our NPC when both reppers are cycling.

I am now making as much or less isk per hour than I used to. I do not run Sanctums, because they were removed from our area in April (iirc) If something isn't changed about this soon, then I'll be forced to move to the Drone regions to make equal or better isk, I can tank them easily. I hope a CCPr reads this, I really do. The answer to nullsec anomalies was not to increase the amount of NPCs to this degree. Perhaps twice as many as before, but not like this.

When I first moved to null, all I had was a Vagabond, nothing suitable for running the old Anoms. So I belt ratted a lot. I noticed that the belt rats had a SIGNIFICANTLY higher bounty than the ones I had seen in highsec for the same rat. This is a better answer on how to fix anomalies.

Revert back to the old anoms, but then up their ship amounts by 2x, and adjust their bounties to match the bounties from Belt rats. You will see a truly happy nullsec if you do. People who used to be able to tank Havens can no longer tank even the first wave, thus halting their isk almost 100%.

Please do something CCP.

Otherwise YAY ENGINE TRAILS, I REALLY LIKE THEM :D . . .though I wonder if Freighters have trails at all :P

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

If EVE is real, does that mean all of us are RMTrs?[/b]

Lord Emotar
Galactic Trading and Development
#2 - 2011-12-02 11:50:19 UTC
Butcherpete -
a) find a better tanking method
b) run the hubs instead of havens - they got buffed too

adapt as others have pointed out
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#3 - 2011-12-02 14:58:34 UTC
TheButcherPete wrote:

Now, however, the Machariel is no longer effective at any level of nullsec anomalie,

This is simply not true, you must be doing something horrible wrong. I live in a -1.0 system, I use a machariel and a tengu both separately and together.

With the old anoms I got away with a 3 slot mach tank (booster and 2 hardeners, nothing else, low slots all gyros and TEs). Now I've added a boost amp, every thing is fine, even in the monster spawns you can get from forsaken hubs, havens and sanctums.

I like the new anoms fine, I hope CCP doesn't change a thing, it' just takes a little adapting.

RaZor Flash
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2011-12-02 19:42:05 UTC  |  Edited by: RaZor Flash
Jenn aSide wrote:
TheButcherPete wrote:

Now, however, the Machariel is no longer effective at any level of nullsec anomalie,

This is simply not true, you must be doing something horrible wrong. I live in a -1.0 system, I use a machariel and a tengu both separately and together.

With the old anoms I got away with a 3 slot mach tank (booster and 2 hardeners, nothing else, low slots all gyros and TEs). Now I've added a boost amp, every thing is fine, even in the monster spawns you can get from forsaken hubs, havens and sanctums.

I like the new anoms fine, I hope CCP doesn't change a thing, it' just takes a little adapting.

Yeah its a little adapting, but the adaptions doesn't' really yield greater isk per hour.

It now requires a greater isk investment investment into your ship, I have to try harder (not that it requires much trying anyways) to earn the exact same pre-patch (if i earned more I wouldn't really be upset). The only thing that this patch did which made me happy was allow to me earn the same isk/hour without having to file a petition everyday to get the broken anomaly wiped. Also allows me to use my new method and I might have few more months of peace without others catching on :)

Maybe with the high priority fix, everything will be smooth sailing. v0v

Btw ButcherPete, send me an eve-mail and I shall help you out.
Pink Marshmellow
Caucasian Culture Club
#5 - 2011-12-02 20:34:28 UTC
Heh, you should have seen what CCP did to sleeper Class 5/6 sites a while ago, all the Battleships Neut you with the strength of a Bhaalgorn Neut.

Imagine if all the Nullsec anomaly battleship rats neuted you like sleepers do.

I think CCP should put heavy neuting on anomaly rats and see how Nullsec Dwellers respond.
Drew Solaert
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-12-03 01:22:55 UTC
Removing more ISK is a good thing for the game as whole, even if it sucks for yourself

Take it on the chin lad for the greater good.

I lied :o

CCP Spitfire
C C P
C C P Alliance
#7 - 2011-12-03 09:52:54 UTC
Offtopic posts removed.

We are looking into some anomalies becoming slightly "overkill" post-Crucible.

CCP Spitfire | Marketing & Sales Team @ccp_spitfire

Guillieme Lohran
The Mushroom Farm
CAStabouts
#8 - 2011-12-03 13:53:23 UTC
Bring a friend and put the Multi-player back in MMO.
Baram d'Orrin
Sacred Templars
Fraternity.
#9 - 2011-12-03 15:14:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Baram d'Orrin
It's not so much the changes of putting in more ships are bad.
It's just that the top 2 angel BS's have significant amounts of EM damage.

I've lost a Vargur to the EM in the havens while I wasn't used to the new triggers/spawns. You didn't find EM damage (Cherubim, Seraphim) in Havens before, now it's full of it. Usually it was just Thrones/Malakims (full expl)

Maybe it's the time to revise angels and make them like all the other rats eh, dual dmg typed?
TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2011-12-03 18:41:48 UTC
Baram d'Orrin wrote:

I've lost a Vargur to the EM in the havens while I wasn't used to the new triggers/spawns. You didn't find EM damage (Cherubim, Seraphim) in Havens before, now it's full of it. Usually it was just Thrones/Malakims (full expl)

Maybe it's the time to revise angels and make them like all the other rats eh, dual dmg typed?

Yeah, the EM damage is what is killing me, it's like fighting Amarr now :P

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

Kaeh
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2011-12-03 19:11:19 UTC
TheButcherPete wrote:
Baram d'Orrin wrote:

Yeah, the EM damage is what is killing me, it's like fighting Amarr now :P

Oh the tears please ccp keep them the way they are now. Great job guys.
0Lona 0ltor
Adeptio Gloriae
#12 - 2011-12-06 15:42:00 UTC
Null sec and High sec bear farmers tears are amazing reads. You never here low sec'rs moaning about content and you know why?

Because Low sec doesn't have any content!

HAAAAAWwhaWHWHAWHA!!
Mr Twinkie
Semper Iratus Omni Tempore
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2011-12-06 17:07:12 UTC
What the fail kind of fits are u using?

I was running null anoms in a tornado and now run them fine in a maelstrom. This is solo, at range, and often times at less then 40km because id rather hit well everytime.

Please link ur fail fit for lulz
TheButcherPete
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2011-12-06 17:29:32 UTC
Only making some isk so I can kick both your asses ;)

[b]THE KING OF EVE RADIO

AzureStorms
Boundary Wardens
#15 - 2011-12-06 18:13:09 UTC
I love the new anomalies. I can run them in my fail fit tengu or even my ghetto drake. I especially like them now that I don't have to have a sanctum or haven to make decent isk, so more people can make money in one system. Fleeting up to run them faster is good times, or splitting up and just chilling in our own anoms.
AstarothPrime
Pecunia Infinita
#16 - 2011-12-06 18:44:38 UTC
<3 new anomalies...

I.
RC Denton
Shazaam Industries
#17 - 2011-12-06 20:42:48 UTC
Love the new anoms. My nighthawk has no problems but I can definitely see the increased DPS. Just have to increase the tank a bit. I haven't tried the domi yet, but I imagine it'll work fine also. Most of the ships that worked before still work now, but you may have to reduce the gank a little and increase the tank. That or upgrade the ship, or work in pairs.
Bliswonowon
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2011-12-06 23:01:24 UTC
I'm not sure I see the problem. I run anoms with a tengu and a dominix, and the dominix tanks the new anoms fine even if it happens to get full aggro. There are fewer frigs (certain anoms have none) which speeds things up nicely. My ratting income has nearly doubled from what it was pre-patch (running forsaken and forlorn hubs almost exclusively now).

If you're getting slaughtered by massive spawns, chances are you're killing the trigger ships too soon, in which case you should probably figure out what the trigger ships are and concentrate on other ships first. In guristas forsaken/forlorn hubs, for example, killing the cruisers triggers new spawns.

tl;dr: The new anoms are a good thing. You just have to figure out which anoms to run and how to run them. And that is a good thing too.
VIP Ares
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2011-12-07 09:01:15 UTC
Guillieme Lohran wrote:
Bring a friend and put the Multi-player back in MMO.

Actually would be cool if game becomes multiplayer even in PvE. I like multiplayer games.

http://www.balex.info/index.php/pilot_detail/47623/

Tess La'Coil
Messerschmitt Vertrieb und Logistik
#20 - 2011-12-07 11:14:42 UTC
TheButcherPete wrote:
Otherwise YAY ENGINE TRAILS, I REALLY LIKE THEM :D . . .though I wonder if Freighters have trails at all :P

They do, when dropping out of warp. Until your speed drops below 150m/s. Also when speeding into warp you can see them for about 2 seconds.
Someone once said I was a muppet. If that's so, I'm quite sure the Swedish Chef is my brother. 
12Next page