These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So what was the point of "Burn Jita?"

First post
Author
Higgs Foton
Mission And Mining Inc
#41 - 2014-04-29 11:58:53 UTC
I, or one of my alts that is, was involved in two days of Burn Jita 3. During those two days i had fun. Thats enough "point" of "Burn Jita" for me. Given the cries of joy and laughter on mumble i have a strong impression i wasn't the only one filled with this joyous experience.
Teochoilae
Red Circle of Death
#42 - 2014-04-29 12:22:55 UTC
So many conspiracy theories Big smile There is the possibility that it is fun for us and has simply become a tradition. Or is it Blink
E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#43 - 2014-04-29 13:30:56 UTC
Doireen Kaundur wrote:
No troll...asking seriously.

To commemorate and celebrate mittens getting banned for telling a person at fan fest to go sKILL themselves. Apparently he and the gonnies felt the ban was too harsh. So in true child like behavior the kids lashed out against their parents but in reality only hurt the community. However this does fit with their goal to ruin your EvE.

Are you not entertained??
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#44 - 2014-04-29 13:35:15 UTC
Doireen Kaundur wrote:
But doesnt disrupting commerce in Jita (a main trade hub) just increase the price of everything in the long run?

Kind'a shooting yourself in the foot for the lulz, no?

Not if you're the one selling stuff...
Lavitias Arjar
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2014-04-29 13:47:51 UTC
Everyones forgetting some people just like to watch the world burn.
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#46 - 2014-04-29 13:54:06 UTC
I think a better idea would be to burn Goon Swarm. Have high sec fly on over and break stuff for a week then fly off. Would really spice things up I think.
Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#47 - 2014-04-29 13:58:04 UTC
In general people please note that even though the end date of BJ was Monday DT, it does in fact continue on for at least a week. Don't assume it's safe to move your Iteron full of plexes through Perimeter and Jita today, tomorrow or, indeed, next week.

Thanks for listening.
Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#48 - 2014-04-29 13:59:01 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
I think a better idea would be to burn Goon Swarm. Have high sec fly on over and break stuff for a week then fly off. Would really spice things up I think.

Well organised "professional" army versus indisciplined, ill trained, ill equipped militia, full frontal attack. I wonder what the end result would be?
Solecist Project
#49 - 2014-04-29 14:03:13 UTC
Victoria Sin wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

Well organised "professional" army versus indisciplined, ill trained, ill equipped militia, full frontal attack. I wonder what the end result would be?

A glorious event having hundreds of people watch Mad Anis stream to see
highseccers get slaughtered... gloriously.

Still skilling for that interceptor...

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#50 - 2014-04-29 14:06:46 UTC
Victoria Sin wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

The greatest work of art since Sansha started his "buy one get one free" promotion of "Super-Quafe"

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#51 - 2014-04-29 14:23:08 UTC
Victoria Sin wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

I still lulz at this.
RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#52 - 2014-04-29 15:01:28 UTC
Victoria Sin wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

We all know the number game really makes the difference (how many people in fleet) in weather a loss or success. So take PL, Dreddit, the Russians, and anyone who is willing to throw down to meet up. Cyno chain ect. The “militia” arrives at top secret date/ time. Militia flies up to the goon home area and starts bashing. The goons toss together their very effective tengu/ shiny death contraption fleet and go to work. When they deploy said fleet they will target those trying to take sov. Now the mission is not to take anything, the mission IS to break things. So let’s say we “militia” take down some POS’s and a station, catch a few of their miners in a belt. The hive will swarm and come to life. Now I doubt that the militia will last long but I believe it will shake the hive to where the game may become interesting again. I foresee epic amounts of butt hurt and tears. All out wars and will possibly stoke the fires of change. So before you speak think of all the possibilities first. The activate mouth launcher.
hedge betts Shiyurida
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#53 - 2014-04-29 15:13:43 UTC
Doireen Kaundur wrote:
But doesnt disrupting commerce in Jita (a main trade hub) just increase the price of everything in the long run?

Kind'a shooting yourself in the foot for the lulz, no?

Not if you have a fleet of ships lined up waiting to be sold.

Pog mo thoin

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#54 - 2014-04-29 15:29:08 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:
to where the game may become interesting again.

I think its interesting now.

I think it will be more interesting if this projection of yours, only for the Militia fleet to scuffle with itself and help the Second Transfer of Power to get closer.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2014-04-29 15:49:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Malcolm Shinhwa
RAIN Arthie wrote:
Victoria Sin wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:

We all know the number game really makes the difference (how many people in fleet) in weather a loss or success. So take PL, Dreddit, the Russians, and anyone who is willing to throw down to meet up. Cyno chain ect. The “militia” arrives at top secret date/ time. Militia flies up to the goon home area and starts bashing. The goons toss together their very effective tengu/ shiny death contraption fleet and go to work. When they deploy said fleet they will target those trying to take sov. Now the mission is not to take anything, the mission IS to break things. So let’s say we “militia” take down some POS’s and a station, catch a few of their miners in a belt. The hive will swarm and come to life. Now I doubt that the militia will last long but I believe it will shake the hive to where the game may become interesting again. I foresee epic amounts of butt hurt and tears. All out wars and will possibly stoke the fires of change. So before you speak think of all the possibilities first. The activate mouth launcher.

You lost me at militia arrives at top secret date/time. Also taking a station taks days. Same goes for POSes. Your militia will be back mining ice in Nakuguard long before that happens.

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Victoria Sin
Doomheim
#56 - 2014-04-29 15:51:50 UTC
RAIN Arthie wrote:

To be honest that all sounds very unlikely to me. If you want to beat The Hive you have to become just like the Hive.
Tweek Etimua
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2014-04-29 15:54:24 UTC
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#58 - 2014-04-29 16:01:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
To commemorate and celebrate mittens getting banned for telling a person at fan fest to go sKILL themselves. Apparently he and the gonnies felt the ban was too harsh. So in true child like behavior the kids lashed out against their parents but in reality only hurt the community. However this does fit with their goal to ruin your EvE.

Are you not entertained??

No, Burn Jita had been planned for long before Fanfest.

Quote:
This year, we've tied vote totals to griefing. The more votes we blow past on our exit poll, the more bad things we do. The total goal is more than 10k votes, which we'll only know if we got/not come the Big Reveal at Fanfest.

10,000+: Tornado Weekend in Jita. Entire alliance visits Jita, grabs Tornadoes, alphas freighters on the 4-4 undock, shutting down EVE and unleashing a maelstrom of sorrow not seen since the Ice Interdiction.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3447025&pagenumber=244&perpage=40#post401304823

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

RAIN Arthie
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#59 - 2014-04-29 16:01:46 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
RAIN Arthie wrote:
to where the game may become interesting again.

I think its interesting now.

I think it will be more interesting if this projection of yours, only for the Militia fleet to scuffle with itself and help the Second Transfer of Power to get closer.

Just because a group welps does not make it a complete and utter tear jerking loss. I will explain.

When you attack an area, what happens?:
A: You make them on edge and scared.
B: They form a fleet and fight
C: They make preparations for future encounters
D: They stay on edge, people quit corp, items and people get moved around
E: All the above

When you break someone’s equipment, what happens?:
A: They get mad.
B: They retaliate.
C: They form a fleet to stop it.
D: They get scared and move away
E: All the above.

When you attack an area but the fleet welps, what happens?:
A: They become bolder
B: They think they are invincible.
C: They brag and they boast and show the great victory
D: They draw plenty of attention to themselves.

When you attack a mega power on their property and break something, what happens?:
A: They get mad
B: They could possibly retaliate
C: Do nothing until you leave
D: They form a fleet and crush you

My point is that attacking a person, or a group of persons with lots of time and isk invested in an area will ultimately destabilize their happy little environment. Weather you welp or not.
stoicfaux
#60 - 2014-04-29 16:08:13 UTC
The point of Burn Jita is to show that:
a) the Empires and CONCORD aren't smart enough to handle murderous, "immortal" criminals (e.g. lock them out of the faction's stations, destroy their clones, ban them from local markets, hire capsuleer bounty hunters, implement a no loitering policy around stations, make them always KoS to players, gate guns, and navy because sec status loss per faction is permanent, etc.) and
b) CCP likes their NPCs to be stupid.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.