These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Industry UI

First post
Author
Madfranco
Eightfold Arrow
#201 - 2014-04-28 20:33:48 UTC
As many may have already said in the thread i would like to ask to postpone some "blingin''" of they UI and give higher priority to a batching sistem that allows us to use multiple BPCs with the same ME/TE; and a batching sistem for invention (Hint: Look at the current copy method, do it for 20 times in a row as long as i frontload all materials).

This would solve the problems of the 5 max run capital parts BPCs in one go too

I apllaude you from reducing the clicking and the time needed to do a ripetitive task, fact is, i still have to log every hour or so to do so.

That doesn't create interaction, doesn't create content, it forces me to "fight" versus the UI, which is what you are trying to resolve with this expansion.

Given the fact that this rehaul will be done now and then it won't be done for years, let's do it good once and for all
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#202 - 2014-04-28 20:36:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
TonoRocker wrote:
What about manufacturing using multiple BP at the same time, this would save tons of clicks. When you manufacturing Fuel blocks for example, i use 10BPC, it would be nice to select them all, ricght click, manufacture. ***Fairy dust***

Or maybe if im building a T2 ship for example, you can start the construction jobs needed for all the components from that T2 ship BP. ***Sparkles****

"Less clicks, more magic. " -TR 2014

Thanks.

For now you will need 10 quick clicks, the interface can be used with the keyboard now so click down arrow, and then enter to submit. Down and submit. etc

Need to play with this. My top priority was batch jobs. Quite disappointed by this. I don't believe for a moment that it will be iterated after release.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#203 - 2014-04-28 20:47:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Don't know if already spotted: UI inconsistency

Material Level (should be Material Efficiency)
Research ME

Productivity Level (should be Time Efficiency)
Research TE

Time including seconds would be appreciated. "Less than one minute" is totally useless in spreadsheets. Even keeping abbreviations isn't unreasonable: 47d 15h 32m 5s
asteroidjas
Rothschild's Sewage and Septic Sucking Services
The Possum Lodge
#204 - 2014-04-28 20:54:44 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:
asteroidjas wrote:
CCP Arrow wrote:
Work in progress mockup for Reverse Engineering and Invention activities visualization

Inputs: lots of stacks of Mexalon
blueprint: BPO of a Skiff
Something on the output side: Icon of large projectile ammo
Outcome: Megatron Federate Issue

WTH??!?!?!?!

How is that even remotely helpful?

It's a mockup for the UI layout, all the content in it is in what we call "Lorem Ipsum" state

So how is it helpful in this state? Other than to say "hey look at this shiney and tell us you think its shiney!"

And you couldn't take the 2 minutes to simply place the correct TYPES of items the propper places to even remotely resemble either invention or reverse eng? This is why some ppl don't bother to give you feedback anymore, you half $%& the job, then mock the players that ask wth it is supposed to be.
Zifrian
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#205 - 2014-04-28 20:58:04 UTC
Looks well done. I like the invention chance for success stuff. Other stuff seems like it will make it easier on new players. Vets I'm not so sure. I really need to play with it to see if I'll like it. I hope you work in enough time for people to test it out. Stuff like changing refining rates and such are usually not an issue for feed back - either it's good or it's not. This might be a bit more involved.

Maximze your Industry Potential! - Download EVE Isk per Hour!

Import CCP's SDE - EVE SDE Database Builder

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#206 - 2014-04-28 21:19:36 UTC
asteroidjas wrote:
CCP Arrow wrote:
asteroidjas wrote:
CCP Arrow wrote:
Work in progress mockup for Reverse Engineering and Invention activities visualization

WTH??!?!?!?!

It's a mockup for the UI layout, all the content in it is in what we call "Lorem Ipsum" state

So how is it helpful in this state? Other than to say "hey look at this shiney and tell us you think its shiney!"

And you couldn't take the 2 minutes to simply place the correct TYPES of items the propper places to even remotely resemble either invention or reverse eng? This is why some ppl don't bother to give you feedback anymore, you half $%& the job, then mock the players that ask wth it is supposed to be.

Calm down. You are making a fool of yourself. Lorum ipsum is helpful since people concentrate on the interface design rather than the data content.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Kusum Fawn
Perkone
Caldari State
#207 - 2014-04-28 21:27:35 UTC
I am guessing that you are filling in all the labels that you are missing later right?

On this http://cdn1.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/66065/1/Industry_Window_VisualTarget2.png
how many items of what exactly are you actually missing?
Is that supposed to be shown in roll over? Why?

what is that icon above the ship?

Showing us two images of the ship *the bp image and the finished product is nice i guess, but you are wasting space and bloating the window

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/66065/1/Indicators2.png
do not use this ever.

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/66065/1/Blueprint_Control_UI_A.png
this is also garbage. Do not pretend that adding graphics and removing text is better in any way. requiring a memorization of graphics which replace properly named items and figures necessary to perform the task does not simplify the task.

and what the **** is that touchmark? it seems you surveyed people that dont actually play but have heard about it from you.

Its not possible to please all the people all the time, but it sure as hell is possible to Displease all the people, most of the time.

CCP Arrow
C C P
C C P Alliance
#208 - 2014-04-28 21:38:42 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Arrow
asteroidjas wrote:
CCP Arrow wrote:
asteroidjas wrote:
CCP Arrow wrote:

WTH??!?!?!?!

Thank you, we will make sure to spend more time on having accurate information in the content within our mockups in the future. This mockup was mainly used to define layout and show what UI elements are different between Reverse Engineering and other activities. The client screenshots had more accurate content in them.

CCP Arrow   |   Director of User Experience   |   EVE Online   |   @CCP_Arrow

LHA Tarawa
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#209 - 2014-04-28 21:44:32 UTC
CCP, you may want to look at skill requirements for copy, and then make sure it can't be done on trial account.

The 50,000 one-person alt accounts setting up POSed in his sec for copying BPOs because of the stupid change to not being able to use a POS to manufacture from a locked down BPO will be abusing the HECK out of trial accounts to crank out copies.

Oh my gawd the monotony opf having to log into alt after alt after alt after alt, just to deliver and start copy jobs.... You have created hell in EVE.

Good job CCP.
Altrue
Exploration Frontier inc
Tactical-Retreat
#210 - 2014-04-28 21:59:09 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:
asteroidjas wrote:
CCP Arrow wrote:
asteroidjas wrote:
CCP Arrow wrote:

WTH??!?!?!?!

Thank you, we will make sure to spend more time on having accurate information in the content within our mockups in the future. This mockup was mainly used to define layout and show what UI elements are different between Reverse Engineering and other activities. The client screenshots had more accurate content in them.

I admire your patience with that kind of people Big smile

To give the opposite perspective, I can confirm that having accurate information on mockups is irrelevant for my ability to give feedback.

Signature Tanking Best Tanking

[Ex-F] CEO - Eve-guides.fr

Ultimate Citadel Guide - 2016 EVE Career Chart

Sheeana Harb
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#211 - 2014-04-28 22:11:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Sheeana Harb
I've read the whole Industry UI blog twice (smiling both times) and I would like to say: THANK YOU!! As someone heavily engaged in the industry (although not so much recently) I can't express enough how happy I'm to see all those changes.

I would also like to provide a bit of feedback (and my apologies if it has been mentioned here already):

1) In the main Industry window, when doing a job that requires materials, would it be possible to show somewhere how many units of given material are present in the job location, even if I have enough already?

Example: I'm making one ship(from a one-run BPC) that requires 100 Mexallon. I have a total of 300 Mexallon present in the location of the future job. I would like to see that information of 300 Mexallon somewhere in the UI without going to the assets tab.

Why? This is important for inventions, when I'm using 10 BPC, each with 3 runs. The new UI(and the old one as well) will tell me whether or not I have enough to make 3 runs. But I need to know if I have enough materials to make 30 runs (10x3).
I hope I explained that clearly.

2) In the jobs tab I would like to see a bar for each undelivered job what would indicate how far through the process of making the job is. Right now I have to look up the time and do the calculation. A bar would provide clear indication if the job is 20% or 50% or 80% done. The closest example of the bar I'm imagining is the skill training one in the Neocom.
Geezelbub
Barely Illegal
#212 - 2014-04-28 22:18:42 UTC
CCP Nullarbor wrote:

We felt having multiple ISK values on the screen ran the risk of people accidentally assuming it was a cost that needed to be paid.

Have them make the check out to me, if they are that dumb. P

Boy are we gonna get a whole new slew of "plex fueled industrialists" with this one.

I look forward to selling LOTS of stuff for 100's of times it's real worth.

BTW, this is from a guy who has sold about TEN (10) racial ship data interfaces for over 250M EACH to "plex fueled industrialists" over the last six months.

I never payed over 3m for any of them Twisted
buck herrick
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#213 - 2014-04-28 22:36:15 UTC
loving what I have seen so far.

8/10. keep up the good work.
Susan Black
Ice Fire Warriors
#214 - 2014-04-29 01:08:00 UTC
This is a really nit picky thing, but in the 'Industry' tab of blueprints, could you display commas or breakup large numbers in group of three digits so it's easier to read?

For example 2850000 would become 2 850 000 making it a little more obvious at a quick glance.

www.gamerchick.net @gamerchick42

Barune Darkor
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#215 - 2014-04-29 01:09:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Barune Darkor
The UI should allow you to pull materials from a corporate hanger array anchored at a pos to install a job in an assembly line anchored at the same pos. Better to use your hanger divisions to supply your manufactureres than to constantly move materials around to different assembly lines.
Susan Black
Ice Fire Warriors
#216 - 2014-04-29 01:30:26 UTC
Also,

There are a large number of blueprints that are always copies, and always 1 run, such as SFI BPCs you purchase from LP stores, among other BPCs.

Is there ANY way to make it so we can sell these on the market instead of on contracts?

Thanks

www.gamerchick.net @gamerchick42

Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#217 - 2014-04-29 01:33:57 UTC
Susan Black wrote:
Also,

There are a large number of blueprints that are always copies, and always 1 run, such as SFI BPCs you purchase from LP stores, among other BPCs.

Is there ANY way to make it so we can sell these on the market instead of on contracts?

Thanks

Yes please! This suggestion was also made over on the "ideas to improve the contract UI" feedback thread but +1 to wherever I see it.
Ila Dace
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#218 - 2014-04-29 01:40:25 UTC
WTB "Megatron Federate Issue"

If House played Eve: http://i.imgur.com/y7ShT.jpg

But in purple, I'm stunning!

Geezelbub
Barely Illegal
#219 - 2014-04-29 01:50:46 UTC

Made from Mexallon. I mean it's bad ass stuff.

Don't worry, they'll fix it after all the input on SISI...oh wait

<Insert GIANT rolling ROFL smiley here
Geezelbub
Barely Illegal
#220 - 2014-04-29 01:55:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Geezelbub
Susan Black wrote:
Also,

Thanks

And that's tonite's brilliant comment on the new industrial GAME CHANGING UI from the FW inteilligensia. Lol

edit: I mean this create contract stuff is hard!!!! Roll

And I have to train a skill if I want more! Shocked

I mean it's two or MORE clicks and some TYPING!!!!!!

See what your dumbing down Eve has got us into CCP?