These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

POCO standing question

Author
Helena Heffalump
#1 - 2014-04-27 19:12:48 UTC
is there a way to tell if you have enough standing to be able to launch resources up from a planet before actually placing stuff on the planet yet? i recently ran into a situation where a poco couldent be used because i did not have enough standing
Heira Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-04-28 06:09:15 UTC
I would really like to know this too. I just set up six planets with POCOs that, according to the Customs Office Menu, gave me no warning whatsoever that I needed standing requirements.

60 million and an hour of time for absolutely nothing. I was pissed.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#3 - 2014-04-28 09:34:31 UTC
To fix the probelm:

"Diplomatic" route:

1. Contact the owner of the POCO

"Fun" Route
1. If hisec, wardec owner.
2. Blow up POCO
3. Launch your own.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Helena Heffalump
#4 - 2014-04-28 09:35:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Helena Heffalump
Velicitia wrote:
To fix the probelm:

"Diplomatic" route:

"Fun" Route
2. Blow up POCO
3. Launch your own.

sure there are options with dealing with it, but im trying to figure out if there is a way to even know its an issue in the first place
Velicitia
XS Tech
#5 - 2014-04-28 09:43:05 UTC
Helena Heffalump wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
To fix the probelm:

"Diplomatic" route:

"Fun" Route
2. Blow up POCO
3. Launch your own.

sure there are options with dealing with it, but im trying to figure out if there is a way to even know its an issue in the first place

blow up the POCO first Pirate

though if you open the POCO interface, it *should* indicate your taxes and/or if you can use it ... but then again, I haven't touched PI in like 18 months...

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Helena Heffalump
#6 - 2014-04-28 09:50:13 UTC
Velicitia wrote:
Helena Heffalump wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
To fix the probelm:

"Diplomatic" route:

"Fun" Route
2. Blow up POCO
3. Launch your own.

though if you open the POCO interface, it *should* indicate your taxes and/or if you can use it ... but then again, I haven't touched PI in like 18 months...

well i see the tax rate but i dont see wether or no launching from the planet is allowed, it seems to be hidden, i could just not be looking in the right place tho, hopefully someone comes by that might know
Heira Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-04-28 16:49:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Heira Andedare
Velicitia wrote:
Helena Heffalump wrote:
Velicitia wrote:
To fix the probelm:

"Diplomatic" route:

"Fun" Route
2. Blow up POCO
3. Launch your own.

It's not. The information is not available anywhere until you attempt to transfer something off planet.
Velicitia
XS Tech
#8 - 2014-04-28 17:09:17 UTC
Heira Andedare wrote:

It's not. The information is not available anywhere until you attempt to transfer something off planet.

yuck ... back to gunboat diplomacy it is ...

Helena Heffalump
#9 - 2014-04-28 17:18:06 UTC
Velicitia wrote:

i might make a thread in the feature suggestions, if i did would you drop a message in it as well?

Velicitia wrote:
Heira Andedare wrote:

yuck ... back to gunboat diplomacy it is ...

i understand your point, but now your just trying to derail my thread :(
Heira Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-04-28 17:55:04 UTC
Helena Heffalump wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

i might make a thread in the feature suggestions, if i did would you drop a message in it as well?

Absolutely. I'm very heavily into PI, having three toons dedicated to it and paying for my play time. This is a feature that is really needed. For now, I'm just assuming that any POCO that shows a 0% tax means that I can't use it.

I actually submitted a ticket for my toon that set up six planets at unusable POCOs. I spent about 51 million for upgrades and buildings only to get screwed trying to transfer my stuff out. I even contacted the corp that owned them asking for access with a reasonable tax rate so we could both make some isk, but they denied my request.

On a related note, I'm searching for a decent wormhole for PI. If anyone owns/lives in a wormhole and controls the POCO access and is willing to share that access for a 5% tax rate, let me know. I require at least 3 Barren/Temperate, 1 Oceanic/Ice, 1 Lava/Plasma and a Gas. Scan results would also matter, so I would have to check out any potential PI system.
Helena Heffalump
#11 - 2014-04-28 18:13:41 UTC
Heira Andedare wrote:
Helena Heffalump wrote:
Velicitia wrote:

Absolutely. I'm very heavily into PI, having three toons dedicated to it and paying for my play time. This is a feature that is really needed. For now, I'm just assuming that any POCO that shows a 0% tax means that I can't use it.

I actually submitted a ticket for my toon that set up six planets at unusable POCOs. I spent about 51 million for upgrades and buildings only to get screwed trying to transfer my stuff out. I even contacted the corp that owned them asking for access with a reasonable tax rate so we could both make some isk, but they denied my request.

On a related note, I'm searching for a decent wormhole for PI. If anyone owns/lives in a wormhole and controls the POCO access and is willing to share that access for a 5% tax rate, let me know. I require at least 3 Barren/Temperate, 1 Oceanic/Ice, 1 Lava/Plasma and a Gas. Scan results would also matter, so I would have to check out any potential PI system.

alright, cool i made the post, its in the suggestions forums now, feel free to drop a comment in there, and i totally feel you about that and i hope they do reimburse you.

currently i think that what i will do is bring a spare command center, with a little planetary goods to move down to the planet and then back up to test it, but i would lose the command center and overall its a ridiculous way to have to get this information
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#12 - 2014-04-28 19:46:37 UTC

I'm pretty sure you can right click on a POCO and get the tax rate the owners will charge you.

I've never run into a situation where I couldn't use a POCO, and have only seen situations where the owners would charge me 100% export fees.

Heira Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-04-28 21:59:19 UTC
Gizznitt Malikite wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can right click on a POCO and get the tax rate the owners will charge you.

I've never run into a situation where I couldn't use a POCO, and have only seen situations where the owners would charge me 100% export fees.

Trust us. I just did this two days ago. I set up all six planets and, according to the Customs Office access window I had a 0% tax rate. It wasn't mentioned anywhere that I couldn't use it. Twelve hours later, when I tried to move stuff from the planet to the POCO, I got an error telling me that I did not have the standing to use it.
Ekaterina 'Ghetto' Thurn
Department 10
#14 - 2014-04-30 16:09:10 UTC
I haven't seen any high-sec POCO descriptions that say they are inaccessible to me at least not while I was still doing PI. The changes ****** me off so I stopped doing it but I daresay I will return to it at some point.

I know you can pull up the tax rate on the decription. But if it is true that high-sec POCO can be blocked to you but it doesn't say that anywhere then that isn't good on CCP's part. It could scare new players away from the game if that is the case.

" They're gonna feel pretty stupid when they find out. " Rick. " Find out what ? " Abraham. " They're screwing with the wrong people. " Rick. Season four.   ' The Walking Dead. ' .

Cat's Squirrel
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2014-05-02 11:58:33 UTC
Heira Andedare wrote:
I even contacted the corp that owned them asking for access with a reasonable tax rate so we could both make some isk, but they denied my request.

Perhaps they died in one of your gate camps? PVP isn't just pew pew, y'know. Maybe all the griefing wardecs you guys get involved in came back to haunt you? Pirate