These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Industry UI

First post
Author
Peter Powers
Terrorists of Dimensions
#21 - 2014-04-28 12:14:27 UTC
CCP RubberBAND wrote:
Peter Powers wrote:
ok, so now it is shiny and better looking and all,
but uhm, it still seems to lack (or i did misread the post)
one feature that i know me (and others) have been asking for in the past.

What about bulk-creating-jobs?

when i have 10 Scorch M BPC, then doing the same clicking (well i guess dragging now) etc 10 times is *extremly* annoying, so can we please have an option to clone jobs? can this dragging, clicking thing please be a template, and we can create 10 jobs without doing the same stuff over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

regards,
PP

The idea is that the system will remember all settings for a blueprint, so if you set up 1 Scorch M BPC, all subsequent blueprints of this type will default to the last submitted job settings.

So you set up the first blueprint, then just hit submit on the subsequent BPCs because everything is set to go.

THANK YOU

3rdPartyEve.net - your catalogue for 3rd party applications

Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#22 - 2014-04-28 12:15:07 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Weaselior wrote:
Looks like this one is a little light on fundamental gameplay changes.

Due to the enormous amount of improvements and changes we are preparing, we release a series of blogs instead of one massive crazy huge blog.

More information will be published in the next blogs before Fanfest.

I'm not complaining, just trying to make sure I didn't miss anything! The other changes are pretty massive and so I just wanted to make sure nothing was in here I missed like being able to batch jobs or queue up jobs for after your current ones finish.

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Berluth Luthian
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2014-04-28 12:15:50 UTC
If I remember correctly, one thing that you seemed to sort of plug going into the re-design is the attention to the 'high click-labor' nature of the previous industrial UI. There wasn't too much on that here. Could anyone go into detail about the attention paid to this side of the design process and what we might be able to expect?

It sort of looks like we won't have to click very many 'info windows' deep to find necessary information. That will be nice.
CCP RubberBAND
CCP Engineering Corp
#24 - 2014-04-28 12:18:03 UTC
Theodore Knox wrote:
Looks like a vastly improved UI. But need to digest this. Are these changes going on Sisi before too long?

The plan is to have this on Singularity in the week following Fanfest.

So very soon.

Feel free to poke me on: Twitter

MuraSaki Siki
ChuangShi
Fraternity.
#25 - 2014-04-28 12:23:58 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
Who gets the notification about completed corporate jobs?

Is it possible to disable this notification? (As an inventor, I can go through 100+ jobs a day without too much trouble. And most of those are in a POS (copy slots needed. Might as well use the others too))

i believe it would be able to turn on/off in mail setting window, just like other notifications
Ruby Faith
Chrome Exploration
#26 - 2014-04-28 12:26:02 UTC
ChromeStriker wrote:
A mighty mighty dev blog! Big smile

This image: http://content.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/66065/1/Blueprints_ShowInfo_Description.png

Could you show what each type of blueprint reasearch will actually do? E.g. Meterial research -2% matereal needed (or whatever) 8hr 4min 2sec....

Was always a bit lost on that bit lol

Guessing this is shown in the new AI when you do research?....
sci0gon
Kaira Innovations
#27 - 2014-04-28 12:26:52 UTC
CCP Phantom wrote:
Expect further industry related blogs later this week with even more exciting news.

im hoping it'll give us a idea of what we'll be looking at isk wise when paying for these jobs in stations with or without a lot of activity
Midori Tsu
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#28 - 2014-04-28 12:27:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Midori Tsu
I feel like it will be harder to get the numbers for the missing materials if you have them. currently in the quote window it shows the number of required items and if you have them missing. It's easy to see how many is missing so if you need to get more, you can see what the exact name of the item is and how many is missing. Comparing the current to the new, i feel like this will be a step back in trying.

I also feel like some info being given in the window is too vague, like the cost bar, that should be a number instead.
Kename Fin
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#29 - 2014-04-28 12:28:24 UTC
Finally!

And yet rather unfulfilling after reading... What?
CCP Arrow
C C P
C C P Alliance
#30 - 2014-04-28 12:29:52 UTC
To elaborate a bit on the core thoughts around the UX of this window, all interactions will be very to the point and within this one window, there are no extra windows or confirmation steps. You visualize, modify, start and deliver jobs all within this same window.

Also everything will have tooltips if you need additional clarification or information about any element in the UI.

CCP Arrow   |   Director of User Experience   |   EVE Online   |   @CCP_Arrow

Tam Althor
Commonwealth Industries
#31 - 2014-04-28 12:30:12 UTC
The new UI will be nice to play with, however, it really means nothing for current people involved in industry compared to the content of the blogs that are supposed to follow this week. Can we get an actual timeline on those?
scruff decima
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2014-04-28 12:30:25 UTC
Looks awesome. I'll definitely be resubbing my industry accounts for these changes.

The blog is a little light on details on invention. How will selecting decryptors and T1 items for an invention job work? Will it remember previous choices? I assume the 'Quality Meter' shows the invention chance percent, is the ME/PE level of the invented BPC also shown somewhere? I assume one can select the output you want (ie enyo or ishkur) by clicking the icons, will those choices be remembered?

Looks cool, can't wait to try it on SISI.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#33 - 2014-04-28 12:30:47 UTC
I did miss a fundamental gameplay change buried in there:

Quote:

That being said, research ME/TE will however show time for next level rather than an absolute time, which will then change depending on current research. We want base values when possible, but if we need to display it differently we will message it clearly in the UI. It also has the capability to be “finished” for fully researched blueprints.

Guessing there's more details coming next blog, but that means:

1) Research will (almost certainly) become more difficult the higher you try to get the ME/TE (it would make little sense for it to get easier from a game design standpoint)

2) "Perfect" blueprints will become an actual thing that is known and reflected in-game instead of outside calculators.

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Magic Crisp
Amarrian Micro Devices
#34 - 2014-04-28 12:31:35 UTC
Nice stuff. However a few useful comments:

Showinfo window:
1) attributes tab: Please ensure there's a showinfo link for the item produced.
2) Attributes tab, "Research TE" what's that? If that's invention time, please name it so.
3) Attributes tab: Copying: is that per maxrun BPC or perl single run? Please state that somewhere on the window.
4) Industry tab: For material quantities please include some notations for the dimension, like 1000000000 trit should be like "100 000 000" or something alike. Make sure these extra characters go away when copying it (to be pasted into a sheet or something). Please keep the data easy to read.

Regarding indistry window size: Please make sure it works on laptop windows. Currently if i open S&I, with a few hangars or something, then i'm spreadsheets-in-space mode, which is sometimes kinda annoying. Also, when it's not comfortable on smaller screens, then having larger screens won't add more comfort. I already feel like having 2x1080p monitors not being enough for eve. Dunno, like try to optionally tab something, make stuff toggle-able (like how prism does in evehq), and so on, just firstglance wild ideas.

Also, please make sure I can manufacture multiple blueprints at the same times. Like strating 11 inventions. Or strting 11 manufacturing jobs from 11 BPCs. This is cruical for tech2/cap/tech3 production.

Regarding optional materials: Make sure the _only_ those are offered which make sense. Like right now i'm offered by the UI to use a gaylente decryptor for a matari BPC, which is just plain stupid, it's an invalid state.

These legends in the devblog are nice. Please make sure such explanations will be available in the new UI itself upon mouseovering certain parts of the new industry UI.

Please, make the jobs display more compact. Make an option (which is saved per installation/account/whatever) to remove icons, and some unneeded stuff. I understand that putting shiney things on attracts new players, however industrialists want to see the list, seeing as much per screen as possible. And these tall rows are counter-productive in this regard.

In the jobs view, please somewhere display the destination of the given job. That's important. Especially for already delivered jobs. Sometimes corpies are just retardedly messing up destination by not caring, and we have to find where the stuff did go.

For ME/PE could you add something that tells us where the blueprint is perfect, and by reaching a given point in research what waste mats/time we will still face?

Well for now I cannot say more, i have to get home and try this on sisi, hope it's there.
Alphari Vendren
Applied Vendrenics
#35 - 2014-04-28 12:31:46 UTC
Peter Powers wrote:
CCP RubberBAND wrote:
Peter Powers wrote:

What about bulk-creating-jobs?

when i have 10 Scorch M BPC, then doing the same clicking (well i guess dragging now) etc 10 times is *extremly* annoying, so can we please have an option to clone jobs?

The idea is that the system will remember all settings for a blueprint, so if you set up 1 Scorch M BPC, all subsequent blueprints of this type will default to the last submitted job settings.

So you set up the first blueprint, then just hit submit on the subsequent BPCs because everything is set to go.

THANK YOU

+1

All the UI changes are looking nice, and the hisec/losec/null changes will see fortunes gained and lost and recouped, but THIS little change will make a real difference to your average joe doing industry day-to-day in EVE.
Midori Tsu
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#36 - 2014-04-28 12:32:23 UTC
CCP Arrow wrote:

Also everything will have tooltips if you need additional clarification or information about any element in the UI.

That info needs to be more obvious, not a tooltip, if want to write a number down in a spreadsheet or some other program, it would require more work than before.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#37 - 2014-04-28 12:34:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Weaselior
Magic Crisp wrote:

4) Industry tab: For material quantities please include some notations for the dimension, like 1000000000 trit should be like "100 000 000" or something alike. Make sure these extra characters go away when copying it (to be pasted into a sheet or something). Please keep the data easy to read.

oh god yes please do this (and use commas, not spaces)

right now the only person who can look at these numbers and figure out the magnitude without counting is Solo Drakban, who has a freakish ability to know exactly how many digits are in a number at a glance

the rest of us need to count to make sure it's 10 million, not 1 or 100

Midori Tsu
Evolution
Northern Coalition.
#38 - 2014-04-28 12:35:33 UTC
Magic Crisp wrote:

Regarding indistry window size: Please make sure it works on laptop windows. Currently if i open S&I, with a few hangars or something, then i'm spreadsheets-in-space mode, which is sometimes kinda annoying. Also, when it's not comfortable on smaller screens, then having larger screens won't add more comfort. I already feel like having 2x1080p monitors not being enough for eve. Dunno, like try to optionally tab something, make stuff toggle-able (like how prism does in evehq), and so on, just firstglance wild ideas.

I also feel like this window is going to be bigger than it needs to be.
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#39 - 2014-04-28 12:36:31 UTC
CCP RubberBAND wrote:

Ah, that's nice.
Does it remember forever? Of, if I make a 15-run copy of the BPO I usually make 1-run copies of does it then remember the 15? Can I choose what it should remember (or choose when not to remember)?
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#40 - 2014-04-28 12:38:27 UTC
re: http://cdn1.eveonline.com/www/newssystem/media/66065/1/SnI_TouchpointMatrix_Personas2.png

I don't know who on earth thought invention (queue up 10 one-hour jobs, repeat every hour on the hour) was "not repetitive" but they're crazy