These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Ninja's and Baiters - I'll Pay You for Actionable Intel

Author
Alliria Seedspawn
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#21 - 2014-04-24 15:18:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Alliria Seedspawn
Good idea. Made a few contacts last night, and I'm sure several more will be made going forward. I think though that I'll utilize emails as well as chats. With a chat, the contact is made, deals are brokered, but then what happens in a week when they find a war target?

"What was that guy's name again? Ah shucks, I don't remember. Oh well, moving on."

With an email, unless they're one of the folks that delete regularly, they'll be able to say "Oh yea, that guy emailed me. Who was that guy? Hmm..let me check my email. Ah yes, Alliria Seedspawn will pay for this information."

The chat personalizes it, and the email gives it some longevity.

Thanks for the idea sir!
Kaea Astridsson
Hoplite Brigade
Ushra'Khan
#22 - 2014-04-24 16:22:54 UTC
I think it sounds like a great idea and hopes it really takes off. Making a profession out of being the "neutral scout".

The 10mil + loot I'd say is a decent deal also, will create greater incentive to track down someone in blinged out ****. Sure one can make more isk doing other stuff, to heck with that - Fun / Hour is the best thing to work toward.

Get on Comms, or die typing.

Asia Leigh
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#23 - 2014-04-24 23:09:24 UTC
Kristopher Rocancourt wrote:
Alliria Seedspawn wrote:
Yes, because being willing to pay for extra eyes means I'm incompetent. Good talk.

But you're correct, I can now see redditors aren't keen on out of the box ideas. To each their own.

"10 million per BS or T3 kill, 5 million per BC" is not getting paid

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/23rq4e/open_letter_to_ninjas_and_baiters_ill_pay_you_for/

10 million for a T3 kill when the hull itself is worth 10-15X's that much, and with the fit we can be talking upwards to 1B +.

Yeah... Try and get closer to atleast what the hull is worth.
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Alliria Seedspawn
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-04-25 01:54:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Alliria Seedspawn
Asia Leigh wrote:

10 million for a T3 kill when the hull itself is worth 10-15X's that much, and with the fit we can be talking upwards to 1B +.

Like others before you, I fear you are missing the point...

Scenario A:
You're a ninja. You're target will not engage you. As such, you cannot kill him. You get nothing. The End.

Scenario B:
You're a ninja. You're target will not engage you. As such, you cannot kill him. You check war history and find he is at war with The Marmite Collective. You give me a shout. I come and engage him. He dies. You get the drops from his ship. You get additional isk. The End.
Clio Fenatti
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#25 - 2014-04-25 03:11:26 UTC
Alliria Seedspawn wrote:
Asia Leigh wrote:

Like others before you, I fear you are missing the point...

Scenario A:
You're a ninja. You're target will not engage you. As such, you cannot kill him. You get nothing. The End.

Scenario B:
You're a ninja. You're target will not engage you. As such, you cannot kill him. You check war history and find he is at war with The Marmite Collective. You give me a shout. I come and engage him. He dies. You get the drops from his ship. You get additional isk. The End.

Interesting, i'll consider it when im out on my alts.
Obvious Cyno
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-04-27 16:12:56 UTC
So essentially marmite take contracts, cant find the targets so ask for help in c+p.
Cool story. A+ service as always from marmite.Cool
Previous page12