These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

Loot Jita 2014

First post
Author
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#41 - 2014-04-26 04:49:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Felicity Love
... can't decide if this is a stealth "they wouldn't let me join Goons" thread or a stealth "all older players have too much ISK because it isn't fair they've been playing longer than me" thread...

Or just both.

Roll

PS: "Greed Is Good"...

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Dave Stark
#42 - 2014-04-26 07:02:10 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them.

good work, keep it up by now enforcing the other forum rules too.
Caldari Citizen 0200123234
Doomheim
#43 - 2014-04-26 08:22:42 UTC
Is there a way so i can just show up and watch ?
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#44 - 2014-04-26 08:26:56 UTC
Caldari Citizen 0200123234 wrote:

fly to jita and find out. (tip, go in something cheap)
Solecist Project
#45 - 2014-04-26 08:47:28 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Caldari Citizen 0200123234 wrote:

fly to jita and find out. (tip, go in something cheap)

Yeah.

Small, cheap... but use implants!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#46 - 2014-04-26 09:26:25 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Yeah.

Small, cheap... but use implants!

OMG Your face.

Stop sipping tea immediately. It seems you are having a reaction it. Yoghurt too. Stop that also just to be safe.
Xenuria
#47 - 2014-04-27 06:07:34 UTC
I went forward with my plan to shoot any freighter wrecks that I could find but I ran into a small problem. During this ~burning~ of Jita the only wrecks I could see over a 4 hr period were destroyer wrecks. I watched rather amused as freighters undocked and aligned uninhibited by the goons.

Unfortunately for the CFC the only thing in Jita that is burning is their relevance as an entity in New Eden.
Dave Stark
#48 - 2014-04-27 07:38:57 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
I went forward with my plan to shoot any freighter wrecks that I could find but I ran into a small problem. During this ~burning~ of Jita the only wrecks I could see over a 4 hr period were destroyer wrecks. I watched rather amused as freighters undocked and aligned uninhibited by the goons.

Unfortunately for the CFC the only thing in Jita that is burning is their relevance as an entity in New Eden.

as a CSM candidate, i would have assumed that you knew what a salvager module was. clearly not.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#49 - 2014-04-27 07:41:55 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

as a CSM candidate, i would have assumed that you knew what a salvager module was. clearly not.
We'll also be seeing who's relevant, once the voting counts are announced.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Dave Stark
#50 - 2014-04-27 07:44:46 UTC
Mag's wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

based on how few people give a **** about the csm, and those that do only care to mock it... i fear he may get a seat because it's the ultimate troll.

then again, i think it'd be good to have some one who exclusively comes up with stupid ideas to be instantly shot down at the beginning of any discussion. it's nice to filter out the bad ideas quickly, leaves more room for worth while discussion.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#51 - 2014-04-27 07:50:40 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Mag's wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:

based on how few people give a **** about the csm, and those that do only care to mock it... i fear he may get a seat because it's the ultimate troll.

then again, i think it'd be good to have some one who exclusively comes up with stupid ideas to be instantly shot down at the beginning of any discussion. it's nice to filter out the bad ideas quickly, leaves more room for worth while discussion.
He may be the final straw on the CSM camels back. Who knows, but I agree.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Xenuria
#52 - 2014-04-28 16:57:25 UTC
I will admit that there always exists the possibility that I am misunderstanding something. I have continued to sit undocked in jita and while I have seen some freighters get ganked by a swarm of goons I also consistently seen 90% of freighters go free. Their behavior even suggests that they are either oblivious to "Burn" Jita or they feel they have a good chance of escaping.

I started keeping track of the different corporations and alliances that the freighter pilots belonged to. I noticed something I kinda expected. The people getting ganked have wars active, when the CFC isn't welping mass amounts of Gank Ships to kill a single hauler or freighter they are simply making use of kill rights to circumvent the need for suicide ganking entirely.

As I said before it's possible that I am missing some key part of this event that by itself makes "Burn" Jita different from any other week. At this point it seems like Jita is just as safe for high value cargo as it ever was.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2014-04-28 17:51:51 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
I will admit that there always exists the possibility that I am misunderstanding something. I have continued to sit undocked in jita and while I have seen some freighters get ganked by a swarm of goons I also consistently seen 90% of freighters go free. Their behavior even suggests that they are either oblivious to "Burn" Jita or they feel they have a good chance of escaping.

I started keeping track of the different corporations and alliances that the freighter pilots belonged to. I noticed something I kinda expected. The people getting ganked have wars active, when the CFC isn't welping mass amounts of Gank Ships to kill a single hauler or freighter they are simply making use of kill rights to circumvent the need for suicide ganking entirely.

As I said before it's possible that I am missing some key part of this event that by itself makes "Burn" Jita different from any other week. At this point it seems like Jita is just as safe for high value cargo as it ever was.

in that few hours when i was in JIta i have seen only 1 freighter left battlefield. It looked like he used neutral webber or something.

And it looked like almost every other freighter got ganked. Some of them were in NPC corp.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2014-04-28 18:47:03 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
I am a huge fan of player driven content even if it is something that inhibits my own game-play. When I was made aware that the CFC was going to "Burn" Jita my response was more of a shoulder shrug than a shiver down my spine. This year the only thing that is different is now The CFC have a bunch of Mobile Tractor and Mobile Depot units lined up next to their not so inconspicuous salvaging ships.

Last year "Burn" Jita did around 500 Billion in damaged during the event. This may seem like an awe inspiring numbers but in reality it's something to be ashamed of. Jita as a trade hub and center for the economy of New Eden, constantly has isk flowing in and out. Half a Trillion isk is less than 2% of the wealth moving through the solar system. If only from a statistical perspective, "Burn" Jita isn't all that effective at burning anything.

Adding insult to injury, this year the CFC has a massive network of Mobile Tractors and Depots which they are very clearly using to salvage and loot anything of value that they kill. The CFC has an inordinate amount of wealth both liquid and otherwise why then are they not just shooting the wrecks and adding impact to their event?

The answer to this question is simple.
Greed

When any entity accumulates that much wealth, it has a tendency to become an end in-of itself. Rather than the wealth remaining as it should a means to an end it becomes the most important thing. This concept of wealth quickly becomes conflated with power and influence thus further reinforcing the mentality that more is always better.

Ultimately "Burn" Jita is an excellent PR Tool for CFC however anybody paying attention can see that this is otherwise brilliant player driven event is being used as an opportunistic cash grab for those that already have so much of it.

Even if I agreed with you that "Burn Jita" was about greed (and I'm not sure I do) are you seriously trying to suggest that player greed is somehow a bad thing? Folks engage in PVP in EVE for a hand full of reasons... not the least of which is to control wealth.. and have fun doing it. ...::shoulder shrug::....

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Dave Stark
#55 - 2014-04-28 18:54:24 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
As I said before it's possible that I am missing some key part of this event that by itself makes "Burn" Jita different from any other week.

if you're oblivious to the mass ganking of freighters...

then honestly, you'd be a useless csm if you don't even have a clue what's going on in the game despite claiming to be there watching it.
Xenuria
#56 - 2014-04-29 20:40:57 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Xenuria wrote:
As I said before it's possible that I am missing some key part of this event that by itself makes "Burn" Jita different from any other week.

then honestly, you'd be a useless csm if you don't even have a clue what's going on in the game despite claiming to be there watching it.

I never said that there was no ganking at all. I only made the point that statistically speaking the degree of ganking is underwhelming and minute.
Dave Stark
#57 - 2014-04-29 20:50:37 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
Dave Stark wrote:
Xenuria wrote:

I never said that there was no ganking at all. I only made the point that statistically speaking the degree of ganking is underwhelming and minute.

source to the statistic that proves nearly 600bn isk of stuff is destroyed in jita on a "normal" weekend.
please, i love statistics.
Previous page123