These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Question about locked thread

First post
Author
Zebacz
Biologische Gefaehrdung
#1 - 2014-04-24 02:26:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Zebacz
Can anyone enlighten me as to what I did to deserve my thread being locked here?

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=338976

I made a post, bumped it, and responded to someone's bid with pertinent information.

According to CCP Spitfire in this thread here,

"the posting of a new thread does not constitute the bump for a day."

He goes so far as to say that "Starting a topic at 23:58 [and] Bumping the topic at 23:59" is allowed. With this in mind it could not be my initial post or my first comment (which was a bump). That makes me question my second comment. I responded to a bidder to let him know that he was too low and to let other bidders know that I was not interested in similar bids.

So, does this boil down to that we are only allowed to post once in our thread per day? If we bump a thread, we are not allowed to comment on anything again for 24 hours? I cannot believe that would be the case.

Please don't flame me, this is an honest question. Since I believe I have followed all of the forum rules, and more specifically those of the Character Bazaar, I am at a loss and feel that the moderator was wrong in this case. I am asking here because two emails to the moderator and a support ticket have all gone unanswered.

EDIT: "OH and Moderators, if you feel you need to lock this thread, can you provide your thoughts on this when you do?"
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#2 - 2014-04-24 02:37:56 UTC
ibtl

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Tost Reim
Aliastra
#3 - 2014-04-24 02:38:30 UTC
Timecode Bazaar and Character Bazaar have different rules. You should be reading these two threads which are stickied at the top of the Character Bazaar forum.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=254496&find=unread

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=6369
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#4 - 2014-04-24 02:40:32 UTC
IB4L on this one too.

Discussing moderation is bad...

As to your other thread. You created the thread, bumped it and then later responded to a post in the same day, which I've seen regarded as a second bump before. Your thread isn't the first to be locked for 24 hours and won't be the last.
Zebacz
Biologische Gefaehrdung
#5 - 2014-04-24 02:49:57 UTC
Your second link does refer to the Spitfire post in number 8, so I would have assumed that was valid for the Character Bazaar. That is how I got to it in the first place.

Thanks guys for your responses, that is kind of what I was feeling.

I am going based off of information that they posted, they don't respond to my queries/tickets, I am not sure where I am supposed to go to get an explanation or clarification? Lord knows if I asked them about it in my selling post, I am worried they would close it :).

I think I got the information that I was looking for.

Obviously, 24 hours is not permanent, and I do not hold a grudge against the mod, they have to deal with a lot of crud. I was just looking for how NOT to get it locked again, but it might be a little more up for interpretation that I thought.
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#6 - 2014-04-24 02:51:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Unsuccessful At Everything
No clue why that thread was locked, but I have a pretty good idea why this one will be:

Quote:
11. Discussion of forum moderation is prohibited.
The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a petition under the Community & Forums Category.

But you could actually read what the ISD wrote..

Quote:
Thread closed for 24 hours due to excessive bumping. Please keep bumps to once per day. Thank you.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Zebacz
Biologische Gefaehrdung
#7 - 2014-04-24 02:53:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Zebacz
wrong button, oops
Zebacz
Biologische Gefaehrdung
#8 - 2014-04-24 02:54:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Zebacz
Unsuccessful At Everything, thank you for your thoughtful response.

If you read my post thoroughly, you will see that I did read his post, and understood the words that he said. I disagreed on the basis of his reason (I would assume that is allowed, and could be clarified) and was trying to educate myself as not to be a problem for the moderators in the future. The words don't need to be underlined an bolded to make it any clearer Big smile

Moderators, if you feel that you need to close this thread, I understand.

I guess the first rule about moderation, is that we cannot talk about moderation.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#9 - 2014-04-24 03:05:31 UTC
The first rule of thread lock club, is that you don't talk about thread lock club.

File a support ticket if you want to know why, you will only receive ridicule here. The mods are going to lock this thread too and tell you to do the same.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Asia Leigh
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#10 - 2014-04-24 03:06:44 UTC
Zebacz wrote:

EDIT: "OH and Moderators, if you feel you need to lock this thread, can you provide your thoughts on this when you do?"

This is why...

The Rules say wrote:

The discussion of EVE Online forum moderation actions generally leads to flaming, trolling and baiting of our ISD CCL moderators. As such, this type of discussion is strictly prohibited under the forum rules. If you have questions regarding the actions of a moderator, please file a petition under the Community & Forums Category.

IB4L
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Zebacz
Biologische Gefaehrdung
#11 - 2014-04-24 03:15:52 UTC
can someone refer me to the location of the rules where the "No Discussing Moderation" one is. I had not seen that one before I posted my original post... I might be missing other rules then.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#12 - 2014-04-24 03:17:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Zebacz wrote:
can someone refer me to the location of the rules where the "No Discussing Moderation" one is. I had not seen that one before I posted my original post... I might be missing other rules then.

Top right of the forum is a link called: Forum Rules

Rule 11 is the specific rule on discussing forum moderation:

Zebacz
Biologische Gefaehrdung
#13 - 2014-04-24 03:21:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Zebacz
Awesome, thanks. I really do appreciate everyones help, and keeping the flaming mild. I had not seen that little hyperlink up in the corner there. Just the rules that were posted in stickied threads.

Have a good night all, and MODS, no hard feelings on the impending Closure :)
Zebacz
Biologische Gefaehrdung
#14 - 2014-04-24 03:22:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Zebacz
Dangit, I keep hitting Quote instead of Edit. I am just going to stop posting now.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#15 - 2014-04-24 03:22:49 UTC
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg45/barryo_photos/IBTL.jpg

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

MailDeadDrop
Archon Industries
#16 - 2014-04-24 03:45:19 UTC
This is an interesting experiment. Will the OP's (Zebacz) "Yeah, close it -- I don't care" attitude actually repel the ISD thread lockers? Time will tell...

MDD
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#17 - 2014-04-24 03:46:30 UTC
Zebacz wrote:
Your second link does refer to the Spitfire post in number 8, so I would have assumed that was valid for the Character Bazaar. That is how I got to it in the first place.

Thanks guys for your responses, that is kind of what I was feeling.

I am going based off of information that they posted, they don't respond to my queries/tickets, I am not sure where I am supposed to go to get an explanation or clarification? Lord knows if I asked them about it in my selling post, I am worried they would close it :).

I think I got the information that I was looking for.

Obviously, 24 hours is not permanent, and I do not hold a grudge against the mod, they have to deal with a lot of crud. I was just looking for how NOT to get it locked again, but it might be a little more up for interpretation that I thought.

To avoid getting a character bazaar thread closed, there's very little you actually need to do. Keep bumps to once per day (And yes, we usually count added discussion as a bump, especially if you bump and discuss on the same day the thread was made), and follow the Character bazaar rules that are stickied at the top of the page. Also, we rarely respond to eve mails. Just as a reminder for in the future.

Since that covers what you asked about, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Hope you have a pleasant day.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department