These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Technology Lab

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Standings transaction logs from API?

First post
Author
Imperator Universitas
Epsilon Inc
#1 - 2014-04-22 21:02:45 UTC

CCP Explorer asked me to move this from a mail to here, so here goes:

I'm working on a tool that shows our corp's contributions by members and I am trying to figure out if it's possible to access the Standings Transactions from the API somehow? 

I can't find any documentation on that particular set of data.  I can find it in-game, but that's about it.

Using the corp API, and parsing the corp wallet entries it looks at the contributors and ranks them. 
It shows the contributors, and the detractors from the wallets, as well as showing shiny graphs. It breaks down by user where the contributions came from, so the players can also look more deeply into what it is they've been doing. From the mission side, we can see the bounties versus the NPC mission payouts, but there is nothing showing the individual standings increases gained. {though we can see that in game if we spend the time to go looking}

The corp API is switched with a Character API if the link followed is for a character, so as long as one of the two types can collect that data then I'll be happy :)

I'd be more than happy to post a URL if there is a demo API key we can use {possibly a 2nd request}, since I do not need the entire EVE universe peering into our corp to see who might be doing what.

Thanks!
--Imp
CCP FoxFour
C C P
C C P Alliance
#2 - 2014-04-22 22:19:11 UTC
Imperator Universitas wrote:

CCP Explorer asked me to move this from a mail to here, so here goes:

I'm working on a tool that shows our corp's contributions by members and I am trying to figure out if it's possible to access the Standings Transactions from the API somehow? 

I can't find any documentation on that particular set of data.  I can find it in-game, but that's about it.

Using the corp API, and parsing the corp wallet entries it looks at the contributors and ranks them. 
It shows the contributors, and the detractors from the wallets, as well as showing shiny graphs. It breaks down by user where the contributions came from, so the players can also look more deeply into what it is they've been doing. From the mission side, we can see the bounties versus the NPC mission payouts, but there is nothing showing the individual standings increases gained. {though we can see that in game if we spend the time to go looking}

The corp API is switched with a Character API if the link followed is for a character, so as long as one of the two types can collect that data then I'll be happy :)

I'd be more than happy to post a URL if there is a demo API key we can use {possibly a 2nd request}, since I do not need the entire EVE universe peering into our corp to see who might be doing what.

Thanks!
--Imp

It is not currently possible, if you would like to see it added please bring it up in this thread over here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=332097&find=unread

It sounds like something interesting to add, but also very niche. If more people agree they would want it the more likely it is to happen, but to be honest there are just so many other things that I feel should be done ahead of this right now. :)

@CCP_FoxFour // Technical Designer // Team Tech Co

Third-party developer? Check out the official developers site for dev blogs, resources, and more.

Imperator Universitas
Epsilon Inc
#3 - 2014-05-04 20:56:08 UTC
I figured it wasn't currently possible, but I did want to ask to see..
I also agree it's a pretty niche thing to have since 99% of folks probably don't care.

To be honest there are 2 other requests that would be a lot higher up on the list for me too.

1) A public demo API key, that will show info for a dummy corp with dummy players.
This would allow folks to show off tools and sites with minimal data, and not make individual players/corps targets for exposing their assets.

2) In the fleet history, change the "looted" to "mined" for ore pulled from a rock/ice-block. Right now if you mine, put that ore in a can, and pull it back from a can {or a hangar on an orca, etc.} it will count that same ore 2x. It really should say something other than looted for the initial mining, and keep the running totals for that, separate from the actual looting. This one thing actually craps up quite a few tools, at least from the standpoint of being accurate.

I've created an example of the mining problem, to see here: {also a fleet tool I made for folks to use}
http://wizardsworks.org/chandleg/EVE/example.txt {example data to use}
http://wizardsworks.org/chandleg/EVE/mining_ops.php {actual tool}

In the example, "Player2" was sitting in a Obelisk, and doing nothing but looting/hauling.
"Player10" was an Orca pilot who did no mining, {the ice is there only as a test of the ice values}
At preset large fleets, or fleets of multiple players, do not have a way to distinguish who did what.
From what all the miners I have talked to this is a fairly sore spot for them.