These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Eve is Ugly

Author
Ubumble
Sinpire
#1 - 2011-12-01 20:49:14 UTC
Eve was never the most beautiful space game, but it was high on the list.

It is now cluttered rather than clean, lumpy rather than elegant, distracting rather than calming.

I know the expansion has brought gameplay improvements that should be appreciated. But it is no longer a pleasure to log on.
Ptraci
3 R Corporation
#2 - 2011-12-01 20:50:51 UTC
Ubumble wrote:
Eve was never the most beautiful space game, but it was high on the list.

It is now cluttered rather than clean, lumpy rather than elegant, distracting rather than calming.

I know the expansion has brought gameplay improvements that should be appreciated. But it is no longer a pleasure to log on.


Can I have your stuff?
Singoth
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#3 - 2011-12-01 20:57:10 UTC
You are fully entitled to your opinion and I can tolerate that.
Perhaps first shoot the monument in Jita a few times before ending your subscription and sending all your ISK to me.

Have fun IRL.

Less yappin', more zappin'!

War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#4 - 2011-12-01 21:00:09 UTC
Singoth wrote:
You are fully entitled to your opinion and I can tolerate that.


This.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if they're wrong. :)

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Ubumble
Sinpire
#5 - 2011-12-01 21:04:21 UTC
Ptraci wrote:
Ubumble wrote:
Eve was never the most beautiful space game, but it was high on the list.

It is now cluttered rather than clean, lumpy rather than elegant, distracting rather than calming.

I know the expansion has brought gameplay improvements that should be appreciated. But it is no longer a pleasure to log on.


Can I have your stuff?



Velator on its way
Pinaculus
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-12-01 21:10:40 UTC
The new video shader junk they put into Crucible looks amazing. The new warp effects are a huge improvements. Engine trails look neat.

The ugliest part of it is the D-Scan. I know that most of the usefulness of D-Scan comes from it's incredible simplicity, but certainly there must be some way to improve on the design.

I know sometimes it's difficult to realize just how much you spend on incidental things each month or year, but seriously, EVE is very cheap entertainment compared to most things... If you are a smoker, smoke one less pack a week and pay for EVE, with money left over to pick up a cheap bundle of flowers for the EVE widow upstairs.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#7 - 2011-12-01 21:27:47 UTC
Velicitia
XS Tech
#8 - 2011-12-01 21:40:31 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/MissItty/GetOut.jpg

Get out


new cyno = absolute win

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Barakkus
#9 - 2011-12-01 21:41:25 UTC
Ubumble wrote:
It is now cluttered rather than clean, lumpy rather than elegant, distracting rather than calming.


That's what happens when you get married.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Mortis vonShadow
Balanaz Mining and Development Inc.
#10 - 2011-12-01 21:59:26 UTC
Ubumble wrote:


It is now cluttered rather than clean, lumpy rather than elegant, distracting rather than calming.



Your head is cluttered, lumpy and rather distracting. Filthy Gallente, when are they going to learn???

Some days you're the bug, and some days your the windscreen.                   And some days, you're just a man with a gun.

Lord Ryan
True Xero
#11 - 2011-12-01 22:02:52 UTC
Barakkus wrote:
Ubumble wrote:
It is now cluttered rather than clean, lumpy rather than elegant, distracting rather than calming.


That's what happens when you get married.



Aint that the truth!

I traded in my spotless spartan historic apartment for an overpriced, high monthly maintenance fee having cluttered townhouse. Why do women believe we always need more junk?

The wife believes we need 17 "Large" crates to decorate 3,300 sq foot townhouse, that's like a 3 bedroom house +/-.

2 large refrigorators
1 large freezer
2 micro waves
1 stove(she had 2 at her old house)
2 coffe machines(only 2 of us and I don't drink coffee)
3 TV's might be my fault but atleast I gave away the 3 tube TVs when I upgraded them.
3 large closet full of her clothes. 1 for mine.
2 bedroom sets. She got pissed when I gave the third away to turn that room into sanctuary.

That's enough bitching, I'm bored with it!

Do not assume anything above this line was typed by me. Nerf the Truth, it's inconvenient.

Barakkus
#12 - 2011-12-01 22:10:19 UTC
Lord Ryan wrote:
Barakkus wrote:
Ubumble wrote:
It is now cluttered rather than clean, lumpy rather than elegant, distracting rather than calming.


That's what happens when you get married.



Aint that the truth!

I traded in my spotless spartan historic apartment for an overpriced, high monthly maintenance fee having cluttered townhouse. Why do women believe we always need more junk?

The wife believes we need 17 "Large" crates to decorate 3,300 sq foot townhouse, that's like a 3 bedroom house +/-.

2 large refrigorators
1 large freezer
2 micro waves
1 stove(she had 2 at her old house)
2 coffe machines(only 2 of us and I don't drink coffee)
3 TV's might be my fault but atleast I gave away the 3 tube TVs when I upgraded them.
3 large closet full of her clothes. 1 for mine.
2 bedroom sets. She got pissed when I gave the third away to turn that room into sanctuary.

That's enough bitching, I'm bored with it!



Yeah, my wife likes to bring home non-fabric furniture she finds in alleys. She has clothing EVERYWHERE...tons of just random crap EVERYWHERE...thing about my wife though is she does QA in the manufacturing sector, so she also brings home random (and heavy) metal objects all the time. I have a strange collection of weird metal objects all over the place, boxes of crap...and her best friend is a welder, who just so happens to have stored like 1 ton of various iron objects in our garage.

People walk into our apartment and are just kind of speechless as they get that glazed look in their eyes that people get in museums and start wandering around looking at all the random **** we have all over the place. I try my best to at least keep it tidy though. A few people have made the comment we should charge admission to our apartment lol.

http://youtu.be/yytbDZrw1jc

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#13 - 2011-12-01 22:19:46 UTC
Wait a minute, the lumpy part of my patch apparently didn't install correctly.

I DEMAND ACCESS TO LUMPY SPACE!!11!!!

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

InVictus Kell
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-12-01 23:08:23 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Wait a minute, the lumpy part of my patch apparently didn't install correctly.

I DEMAND ACCESS TO LUMPY SPACE!!11!!!



yes!! MOAR LUMPS CCP!


and Moar cowbell too.
Lovejoy II
Lovejoy's Operations
#15 - 2011-12-01 23:36:11 UTC
You should make up an argument before you post. Try to remember next time.