These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Ninja's and Baiters - I'll Pay You for Actionable Intel

Author
Alliria Seedspawn
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-04-22 14:42:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Alliria Seedspawn
Good Day Ninjas and Baiters

tl;dr - I'm looking for assistance in finding war targets that are in missions. If you provide me a bookmark or warp in on one, you keep all loot and drops, plus an additional isk payment from me, and are welcome to attempt to get on the kill. Only extra step for you is to look at war history of both corp and alliance, and notify me if you find one.

Benefits to me:

• More eyes, which means higher chance of finding WT's out in space
• Even if we're not able to engage because they took your bait or ran away, we'll at least have intel on likely location and ship, allowing more educated attempts at locating said target in the future.

Benefits to you:

• Forced engagement of the mission runner when they won't engage you, or free assistance if they won't engage your friends.
• All loot and drops from anything we engage as a result of your intel
• Additional isk - 10 million per BS or T3 kill, 5 million per BC

Detailed version:

We have many wars going on at once, and a surprisingly large number of our war targets still undock in pimped mission ships due to the false feeling of safety provided by the mission envelope with no direct warp to, and by the fact that people think all Marmites sit on stations and gates. While roaming and scanning some systems last night, I realized I should reach out to the experts at finding said mission runners; you folks!

Here's what I envision, and I hope you'll find it beneficial enough to partake in. You do your thing as normal, and when you land on grid to start baiting, you check the war history of both their corporation and alliance. A lot (dare I say most?) of our war dec's are on the alliance level. If you find a pilot in an active war with The Marmite Collective, you give me a shout, and I start heading your way, potentially with some friends. You then get on with your baiting.

The benefit to me is obvious. There'd be a lot more eyes looking for war targets, and these eyes are much more adept at finding mission runners than I. If your baiting tactics don't work on them and they don't engage, there will certainly be an engagement when we arrive. If they do engage you and we're unable to make it there in time, or if they run away, we at least know the location and likely ship of one more war target, allowing us a more educated guess as to where to deploy probes and what to pin down.

Even if they do engage you though, early notification to me or another Marmite may still be advantageous to you as they may not engage your friends, and that makes it a bit more tricky for you to re-ship and take the mission runner down due to having to have buddies constantly bump him to keep him from aligning. If we're able to arrive on scene, we can hold point while you reship.

If they won't take your bait, then we'll engage when we get there, and you would be able to do your normal tricks to try to get them to engage you so that you can join on the kill. Whether you're able to take offensive action or not, all drops and loot will be yours as you did the hard work of finding them.

I'm in the US Evening timezone, but we do have a lot of EU and even AUS timezone members. Intel from all timezones are welcome, and any intel from other timezones will be passed along. If there is a lot of intel from other timezones, then I'll look into a more immediate response system for those

I look forward to what I hope will be a symbiotic relationship!
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#2 - 2014-04-22 16:50:34 UTC
If you miss out on a kill because you're too busy camping Jita 4-4, then you miss out on the kill.

I'm not going to risk losing my kill while I hold point and wait for you guys.

I'm already getting all the loot anyway.

TL;DR no.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Alliria Seedspawn
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-04-22 17:05:52 UTC
I'm not asking you to hold point until I get there. Not every mission runner takes the bait, and I'm stating I can come in when they don't engage you, or if you'd like some assistance because they engaged you but won't engage your friends, thus making it more difficult for you to reship.

You go flashy, he ignores you, you shoot me an evemail with location and target, and I come attack. No skin off your nose. Though these targets may be few and far between for you, it's still a way to try to pop the loot pinata when they won't play ball and happen to be at war with us.

And Jita? Pfft please...Amarr is where it's at!
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#4 - 2014-04-22 17:11:25 UTC
Like I said, get out of the hubs and you won't have to worry about any of this mess.

TL;DR earn your kills.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Alliria Seedspawn
Caldari State
#5 - 2014-04-22 17:19:50 UTC
Roll

Yes...because ALL Marmites are hub dwellers.

Well, I suppose that's a good reputation to have, as nobody will be expecting me to show up in their area.
Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-04-22 18:19:04 UTC
I'm never afraid to contact Marmite for support and lol'z whenever the opportunity arises. WT has neutrals flagged suspect repping their POS? See if marmite wants to come shoot people for free. With the particular case I'm talking about, a few Marmite guys showed up and killed 4-5 logi boats. It was awesome. Me and my buddies were a little gimped to fight them off as it was lunch hour for most of our guys and there were 20 some tier three BC's on field.

That being said, I spend enough time hunting my own WT's, but if I find one that you guys are also at war, I'll see if you're in the area. :) If I ever get into mission baiting and my mark is at war with Marmite, I'll do the same.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-04-22 19:41:34 UTC
I may take you up on this.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Kristalll
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-04-22 21:13:32 UTC
So....locator agents?

“Die trying” is the proudest human thing.

Alliria Seedspawn
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-04-22 21:33:49 UTC
Kristalll wrote:
So....locator agents?

Locator agents require you to have a particular person in mind. I'm simply asking that if someone is ignoring you or your friends, you look at their alliance's war history, and let me know if they are currently at war with The Marmite Collective. Easy peasy...
Cephalopodamus Teuthida
Interstellar Astrometric Survey and Extraction
#10 - 2014-04-22 21:50:49 UTC
I wonder if you would be willing to offer a finders fee?
Alliria Seedspawn
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-04-22 22:03:12 UTC
Cephalopodamus Teuthida wrote:

Ha - that would depend on the juiciness of the target I suppose, as well as the value of the loot that drops. I'm not saying no, but...it'd definitely be a case by case basis. My original idea had the dropped loot as the "finders fee".
Cephalopodamus Teuthida
#12 - 2014-04-22 22:27:10 UTC
Alliria Seedspawn wrote:
Cephalopodamus Teuthida wrote:

Ha - that would depend on the juiciness of the target I suppose, as well as the value of the loot that drops. I'm not saying no, but...it'd definitely be a case by case basis. My original idea had the dropped loot as the "finders fee".

I like this idea and I think it has potential. I hope it works for you. I think that to make it work, you may have to be generous with your "informants".

To a ninja or a baiter, it's only another mission runner; one of the herd. To you, it’s a vulnerable war target and those coordinates are worth far more than just loot.

Rapscallions everywhere will be more likely to remember your offer and respond to it if you make it extra sweet.
Alliria Seedspawn
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-04-23 00:53:45 UTC
You're right. I need to pay folks if I want them to reach out to me. Say...10 million per battleship or T3 kill, 5 million per BC?
Reppyk
The Black Shell
#14 - 2014-04-23 13:29:31 UTC
Alliria Seedspawn wrote:
Good Day Ninjas
Hi o/

No, wait, the other ninjas. Damnit. I was baited : C

I AM SPACE CAPTAIN REPPYK. BEWARE.

Proud co-admin of frugu.net, a French fansite about EVE !

Cephalopodamus Teuthida
#15 - 2014-04-23 21:43:22 UTC
I adore the idea of a high-sec that's teeming with useful scum and ne'er-do-wells that scout out and report on sneaky mission runners.
Kristopher Rocancourt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#16 - 2014-04-23 22:39:21 UTC
wow OP you sure got torn a new one on reddit for being in a bigazz wardec corp and not knowing how to find targets.

http://killalliance.co.uk/tears/tears-holeysheet/

Alliria Seedspawn
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-04-23 23:03:27 UTC
Yes, because being willing to pay for extra eyes means I'm incompetent. Good talk.

But you're correct, I can now see redditors aren't keen on out of the box ideas. To each their own.
Kristopher Rocancourt
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2014-04-23 23:14:42 UTC
Alliria Seedspawn wrote:
Yes, because being willing to pay for extra eyes means I'm incompetent. Good talk.

But you're correct, I can now see redditors aren't keen on out of the box ideas. To each their own.

"10 million per BS or T3 kill, 5 million per BC" is not getting paid

http://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/23rq4e/open_letter_to_ninjas_and_baiters_ill_pay_you_for/

http://killalliance.co.uk/tears/tears-holeysheet/

Alliria Seedspawn
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-04-23 23:33:16 UTC
Then what kind of payment would entice you?
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2014-04-24 00:02:21 UTC
I think this is a great idea, but maybe the forums aren't the best way to advertise it.

Consider investing a day or two to head out to the main mission systems and personally talk to every guy in a scanning frig. Make a chat channel. Build relationships.

If you don't care about salvaging ships you kill, invite your chat channel friends to salvage every t2 wt wreck you generate (when you find them on your own).

Good luck!

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

12Next page