These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Game Events and Gatherings

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

fanfest 2014 event program?

Author
splockster
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-04-19 16:27:11 UTC
I'm sure it's because I'm not looking in the right place or something but I can't seem to find a timetable of the events, such as pub crawl and CEO dinner. Anyone know where I can find dates and times? I tried the official page of course.
thanks for any help
Elusive Voltis
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#2 - 2014-04-20 20:36:05 UTC
I am interested as well, I would hate to miss the Golden Circle due to vague information.
Dracnys
#3 - 2014-04-21 12:42:58 UTC
Is there some other Fanfest-Thread? It seems really strange to me how quiet things are.
Elusive Voltis
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#4 - 2014-04-21 13:05:11 UTC
Maybe things will begin to ramp up now that Fanfest is one week away.
Sperion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-04-21 16:30:28 UTC
ROFL no dude, it's not that you're looking in the wrong place, it's just that CCP does not give two ***** about releasing any information regarding a schedule of events. I've been trying for months now to get a shred of information and they just won't give it up. So as it is with most things CCP does, we will be walking into Fanfest mostly blind.
BlackSabbath
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#6 - 2014-04-21 17:46:52 UTC
I still have no answers from fanfestsupport@eveonline.com, minisite isn't even updated, it really seems there is no fanfest planned this year, no answer from any devs on this forum nor via mail, tbh, I'm getting annoyed by that lack of informations.

I can understand that they might want to get the schedule secret for surprise sake but, no answer at all regarding serious issues, what the hell are you thinking ccp, that isn't a business trip but still, we need at least some informations and answers, at least to tell us, in that case, that you want to keep things secrets !
Sperion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-04-21 20:36:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Sperion
^ Basically this. The level of customer service surrounding fanfest (or really the lack thereof) is so far beyond disappointing that I'm questioning if it's even worth the money to still go.
I'd be willing that most people are unaware of the potentially impending airport strike that would close Reykjavik's only international airport should it proceed. But hey why would CCP try to help with any of that, you already paid for everything :s
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#8 - 2014-04-21 20:47:14 UTC
if I remember right they released the schedule of events for fan fest about a week before. Esp for the twitch audience.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

MrKuub
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-04-21 21:08:14 UTC
The schedule is usually later, no earlier than a week beforehand. This is to get all the times of the presentations correct, and so forth.

What does bother me is the lack of information about the strike on the 30th. From CCP, from Icelandair and even the airport itself. They just treat it with "We'll see 2 days beforehand what the situation is". I only paid 600 euros for flight and stay, and that's without the FF ticket that's non-refundable.
Elusive Voltis
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#10 - 2014-04-22 04:05:12 UTC
To be fair, CCP is probably going into crunch time to have a stable build of whatever they're planning on showing off during Fanfest.

What is this about an impending airport strike? That would be balls if the airport closes.
Christopher AET
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-04-22 04:39:12 UTC
So glad I am flying out on the 29th

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

MrKuub
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#12 - 2014-04-22 04:42:53 UTC
Christopher AET wrote:
So glad I am flying out on the 29th

You won't be if the strike doesn't end. The one on the 30th is a general one, and doesn't end when demands aren't met. So you could also be stuck in Iceland.
Elusive Voltis
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2014-04-22 05:15:55 UTC
oooooooh ****, that would be the worst timing ever.

Is there an article or something to get a bead on whats happening?
MrKuub
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-04-22 05:34:23 UTC
Elusive Voltis wrote:
oooooooh ****, that would be the worst timing ever.

Is there an article or something to get a bead on whats happening?

Thanks to some searching and bad translation by google, both parties have started talking last thursday, with the workers union offering a deal. Apparently today (Tuesday 22nd) there will be answers. So chances are that the upcoming strikes will not go through.

I tried mailing icelandair and the airport, but to no avail. Icelandair responded to me on twitter, saying that they'll "review the situation 2 days before departure".
BlackSabbath
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2014-04-23 07:31:37 UTC
MrKuub wrote:

I tried mailing icelandair and the airport, but to no avail. Icelandair responded to me on twitter, saying that they'll "review the situation 2 days before departure".

At least that is more than CCP's answers.. they could at least say somthing via this forum to say "hey, we lack time to answer" or "your answer will be given to you within x days" but no..

I wont go next year, I think it is enough trouble for a trip we all paid 500€+ not counting the ticket and accomodation...
Christopher AET
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#16 - 2014-04-23 19:17:09 UTC
Beyond the fanfest events it is not CCP responsibility. Why not check with your airline.......just sayin,

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#17 - 2014-04-23 19:37:28 UTC
schedule was announced today: http://web.ccpgamescdn.com/fanfest/2014/FF2014_Brochure_WEB.pdf Now I just need the twitch schedule

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.