These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New viability of the Rohk

Author
Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#1 - 2011-12-01 21:31:38 UTC
I have seen alpha Maelstrom w/ scimi and Sniping Abbadon w/ guadians...

Is the time of the Rohk and Basilisk coming? A hard tank that can snipe with respectable DPS and the best FLEET shield logi?

I certainly hope so!
Goose99
#2 - 2011-12-01 21:33:12 UTC
Metal Icarus wrote:
I have seen alpha Maelstrom w/ scimi and Sniping Abbadon w/ guadians...

Is the time of the Rohk and Basilisk coming? A hard tank that can snipe with respectable DPS and the best FLEET shield logi?

I certainly hope so!

Once you fit a rack of arties on that Rokh, yes.Cool
Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#3 - 2011-12-01 21:37:31 UTC
Goose99 wrote:

Once you fit a rack of arties on that Rokh, yes.Cool

NEVAR! 71 days until T2 RAILS!
Julia Connor
P R O M E T H E U S
#4 - 2011-12-01 21:51:33 UTC
Dream on! The alpha of arties will always set them apart from any other turret. Hellcats on the other hand have the best dps to tank ratio plus best dmg projection in terms of close range weapons so until either hybrids or shield tanking get some tweaks, the rokh won't be replacing hellcats or alpha maels anytime soon or ever.

Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#5 - 2011-12-01 21:54:29 UTC
Julia Connor wrote:
Dream on!

If one can, one will!
DarkJacena
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2011-12-02 01:32:32 UTC
So it's basically: Crucible ~ Rokh = R.I.P.? =(
Mona X
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#7 - 2011-12-02 01:48:53 UTC
DarkJacena wrote:
So it's basically: Crucible ~ Rokh = R.I.P.? =(

Rokh was RIP with caldarization of Apocalypse. Then boost to scanning and stealth bombers was like wooden stake through her heart.

I need new signature.

Misanthra
Alternative Enterprises
#8 - 2011-12-02 02:07:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Misanthra
fleet superiority....nope. DPS not there, lack of type damage and its jsut not flexible. She like rails as she is too fat a sig radius and slow for blaster work imo (done comfortably anyway...avergage fleet fit will have a lse, and not unwise to cdfe it as well making for bigger target).

lacks oh crap tackled ability. Not a spacious bay for drones. Other bs can annoy spitting out a few warriors. Rokh, a tackler knows you can only spit out so many.

Winmatar...gyros enhance their guns. got a nice statrt already. Mag stab...makes rokh guns passable imo.

Not to say its waste of time. POS bash it don't really matter. No mommies on that large death star...long pos shoot regardless. BS vs bs....end of the day looking to be less dps than a pest in the 20 bs primary strike. Won't get top damage dealer...but you got the mail ho'ing and lacking say 100dps don't mean jack anyway. BS is going down fast regardless.

Personally I like the rokh look. Factor in the above...least you have one of the nicer looking ships to stare at sitting on a large for 30 minutes +. Don't have must be top damage dealer or die trying mindset, its not a bad boat. This based on blob work mind you. When I died, 20+ mofo's in bs' on the loss mail. Screwed no matter what ship you are in at that point.
Byuk Gho
Nyxos Expedition Forces
#9 - 2011-12-02 04:03:18 UTC
Time Dialation means that a 200km rokhfleet is actually feasible. People who don't understand why probably don't PVP enough to have a valid opinion anyway.

(it's the lag because alphafleet is made to beat lag without lag alphafleet enters the land of diminishing returns)
Shivus Tao
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2011-12-02 04:10:10 UTC
Byuk Gho wrote:
Time Dialation means that a 200km rokhfleet is actually feasible. People who don't understand why probably don't PVP enough to have a valid opinion anyway.

(it's the lag because alphafleet is made to beat lag without lag alphafleet enters the land of diminishing returns)

Hey bro, it sure sounds fun to probe a warp in on a fleet thats greater than 150km off. Sniper fleets with ranges approaching 150km won't be viable again unless ccp makes probing much harder, or increases the minimum warp to range.

Cryissa
Caldari Navy Operations
#11 - 2011-12-02 14:15:08 UTC
I was wondering about the Rokh and the changed to hybrid and if it's really worth getting one or not?

People that have them and have tried them can you let me know if you see them and also the Eagle as being a ship with flying again?

Please

ChromeStriker
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#12 - 2011-12-02 14:37:20 UTC
This will happen when you see hyperion fleets

No Worries

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2011-12-02 15:08:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Andski
Julia Connor wrote:
Dream on! The alpha of arties will always set them apart from any other turret. Hellcats on the other hand have the best dps to tank ratio plus best dmg projection in terms of close range weapons so until either hybrids or shield tanking get some tweaks, the rokh won't be replacing hellcats or alpha maels anytime soon or ever.

What are these "Hellcats" you speak of? Are you talking about elutriation rigged pulse Abaddons?

You really don't have to follow the stupid "cat" naming convention for every goddamn fleet doctrine in this game.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Herrington Vance
Doomheim
#14 - 2011-12-02 21:42:49 UTC
Welpcats
X Mary
Lousy T-Shirt Corp
#15 - 2011-12-02 22:39:12 UTC
Andski wrote:
Julia Connor wrote:

What are these "Hellcats" you speak of? Are you talking about elutriation rigged pulse Abaddons?

You really don't have to follow the stupid "cat" naming convention for every goddamn fleet doctrine in this game.
Hellcats were the first to use the cat-naming fleet doctrine, learn your history bro.
SpaceSquirrels
#16 - 2011-12-02 23:56:31 UTC
X Mary wrote:
Andski wrote:
Julia Connor wrote:

Hellcats were the first to use the cat-naming fleet doctrine, learn your history bro.

i feel better now having that settled
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2011-12-03 04:25:29 UTC
X Mary wrote:
Andski wrote:
Julia Connor wrote:

sorry I don't follow fhc (((

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar