These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

What about my standing?

First post
Author
Marsha Mallow
#21 - 2014-04-18 18:14:58 UTC
If what you've described is true sounds like you have had a rubbish month, and yeah corp thefts do genuinely suck due to the loss of what was usually a friend. You could vent some of your frustrations on other nerds by blowing them up - some of them even enjoy it. Gank catalyst ftw. See how fast you can get to -10 and if you like a different side of Eve. There's always WHs too.

Regarding your standings, keep an eye on the forums, there are some interesting ideas floating about regarding how to make standings more rather than less meaningful.

Anyway, if you do decide to take a break don't get rid of your characters. Good luck P

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Aralyn Cormallen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-04-18 18:20:03 UTC
Rogan Fox wrote:

isnt it easy enoth for you to say "scams are legal", because you are to lazy to fight scams that only hit noobs anyway?

I'm not entirely sure this has any relevance to the subject about standing. Had you left this off, you would have looked a lot less ranty.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#23 - 2014-04-18 19:56:34 UTC
Rogan Fox wrote:

srsly i grinded for the standing the last 18 month of my eve time and now you will remove it instead of buffing the epic arc or create more COSMOS missions or what so ever..

What you should be upset about is that it takes you a year and a half to do what most everyone else does in a week.

CCP can not and will not ever refund stupid.

Mr Epeen Cool
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-04-18 20:04:46 UTC
I think it's unwise to remove the benefit of obtaining a high standing.

The standing requirement for getting to build a PoS, while the removal of a benefit, does not remove all benefit.

6 Corporations will stop taxing your refinery use entirely. (6.67 Modified Personal Standing)
7 No Additional Bonus
8 NPC Corporations will allow you to install jump clones in their stations. (8.0 Modified Personal Standing)
Some factions will offer you a two run faction frigate BPC. (8.5 Modified Personal Standing)

9 Some factions will offer you a two run faction cruiser BPC. (9.2 Modified Personal Standing)
Some factions will offer you a two run faction battleship BPC. (9.9 Modified Personal Standing)

So with these benefits still prevalent, there is still a reason to desire high standing.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#25 - 2014-04-18 20:07:59 UTC
Talk about entitlement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0dOtzZcm0I

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#26 - 2014-04-18 23:13:25 UTC
OP is all over the place.

First its STANDINGS, then its some kind of REIMBURSEMENT, then its OTHER PEOPLE, then its FW, then its DUST, then its SCAMS, then its something about EPIC ARC/COSMOS missions.

I don't know what to say...

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-04-18 23:23:56 UTC
Adapt or die.

And contrary to popular belief among entitled little sh*ts, CCP doesn't have to compensate a goddamn thing because they're changing the rules to their game. It happens all the time. Deal with it.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2014-04-18 23:36:21 UTC
I will probably never own a POS myself but I agree with the OP.

Removing the standing requirement is a very bad idea. It's a definite badge of honor to be able to place a POS in High Security. If a change to the standing requirement is actually needed, (and it's not) then just allow the Corp members modified standing to be used in the Corp standing average. Opening up the rest of High Security to allow POS to be anchored is all fine and dandy but it needs to follow the original standing aspect for anchoring, ie, same amount of corp standing as the system security level.

What I see happening here is an entire type of player run business being snuffed out of existence. This new change doesn't help the smaller corps and alliances that have worked hard at building up and maintaining Faction standings in order to have a POS in High Sec.

Opening up High Sec systems to anyone with no standing whatsoever to anchor POS just means more moons for the big power-block Alliances to control.

DMC
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-04-18 23:55:23 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Opening up High Sec systems to anyone with no standing whatsoever to anchor POS just means more moons for the big power-block Alliances to control.

Because until now, standings requirement was preventing the major Alliances from controlling high-sec moons?

You figure nobody in GSF or PL has or can buy an alt with 7.0 standings to any faction?

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

brinelan
#30 - 2014-04-19 03:28:15 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

Removing the standing requirement is a very bad idea. It's a definite badge of honor to be able to place a POS in High Security. If a change to the standing requirement is actually needed, (and it's not) then just allow the Corp members modified standing to be used in the Corp standing average. Opening up the rest of High Security to allow POS to be anchored is all fine and dandy but it needs to follow the original standing aspect for anchoring, ie, same amount of corp standing as the system security level.

What I see happening here is an entire type of player run business being snuffed out of existence. This new change doesn't help the smaller corps and alliances that have worked hard at building up and maintaining Faction standings in order to have a POS in High Sec.

DMC

lol

Actually it does help the smaller guys by opening up a lot more moons. Not everyone has the ability to call on friends to help blow up an offline pos. With the way fuel prices have been going the standings to anchor the pos are the least of their worries.
Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#31 - 2014-04-19 03:37:46 UTC
Divine Entervention wrote:
8 NPC Corporations will allow you to install jump clones in their stations. (8.0 Modified Personal Standing)
Some factions will offer you a two run faction frigate BPC. (8.5 Modified Personal Standing)

9 Some factions will offer you a two run faction cruiser BPC. (9.2 Modified Personal Standing)
Some factions will offer you a two run faction battleship BPC. (9.9 Modified Personal Standing)

So with these benefits still prevalent, there is still a reason to desire high standing.
Oh, that's just cruel.
Those will take him another 3 years at least. Cool

Who put the goat in there?

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#32 - 2014-04-19 03:49:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
It's a definite badge of honor to be able to place a POS in High Security.
Lol Humour.
No, it's not a badge of honour. It's a demonstration that you can bash your head against terminally boring content and manipulate fundamentally broken designs to overcome an incoherent and illogical mess of cross-gameplay dependencies. It's bad gameplay through and through and its removal is roughly 10 years too late.

Quote:
If a change to the standing requirement is actually needed, (and it's not) then just allow the Corp members modified standing to be used in the Corp standing average.
A change in the requirement was desperately needed. They could have chickened out and just make it possible to buy your way up using the same system as with sec status restoration, but instead did the much bolder move of removing the unrelated mechanic entirely. Now, industrialists can focus on being industrialists and not get involved in and waste time and skill points on a pointless side grind.

Standings are a part of the mission-running progression. Nothing non-mission-related should have anything to do with them. Yes, taxes, refining, jumpclones — it should all be decoupled from this mission-based system. If the gradation and time investment needs to remain to offer some kind of effort-reward scheme, then there are plenty of ways of doing that without involving something as irrelevant as missions.

Quote:
This new change doesn't help the smaller corps and alliances that have worked hard at building up and maintaining Faction standings in order to have a POS in High Sec.
This new change helps smaller corps and alliances immensely since they can now worry about far more important things than maintaining every individual member's faction standing, and they can instantly replace any losses they incur when in conflict with other entities.

They also gain access to a massive amount of new moons. Hell, the moons we already have aren't even used to capacity and now we get thirteen thousand more. The “big power block alliances” have no particular interest in filling up all those new moons (or, demonstrably, ability to do so since they can't even fill up what's already there), which leaves the field open. And no, the standings requirement is not what's keeping them back — the notion that they don't already have a myriad of members that have, or can instantly create, a 7.0+ standing corp and spam every spot in the galaxy is nothing short of laughable.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#33 - 2014-04-19 06:21:21 UTC
As a POS owner I will not miss the standings grind.
Zack Korth
Livid CO.
#34 - 2014-04-19 06:58:41 UTC
corp selling days are over.. i'll just duel box incursions to make up for it, or maybe, actually join a corp? Shocked
Solecist Project
#35 - 2014-04-19 07:11:31 UTC
If this was the worst month in your life,
then you never really had a life to begin with.

What a sad excuse of a human being you must be.

Disgusting. Seriously.

Sure, it hurts if she left you, but this must have been a grown issue,
because if she left you for that instead of talking about it earlier ...
... oh well, maybe she had no life either.

But the rest ... wow.

Yes! Wow! It's where you should go.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Serene Repose
#36 - 2014-04-19 22:56:37 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
sad_trombone.wav

You are suppose to praise/complain in the official feedback thread.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=337246&find=unread
Probably bringing it to a wider audience, instead of hiding it in a cleverly-designed cul de sac. Oddly enough...but, you knew that already, didn't you.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

ISD Cura Ursus
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#37 - 2014-04-20 18:06:13 UTC
Post and reply deleted for trolling.

Remember forum peeps, do not feed the trolls!

ISD Cura Ursus

Lieutenant Commander

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Praxis Ginimic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-04-20 18:42:03 UTC
Rogan Fox wrote:
Joshua Foiritain wrote:
Rogan Fox wrote:
CCP is about to remove the the standing that is needed to have a PoS in highsec.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/building-better-worlds/
Quote:

Allow Starbases to be anchored anywhere in high-security space and without standing requirements (minus some protected solar systems, like Jita or new player starting systems of course).

so CCP... what do i get from you for my standing?

The ability to unsubscribe and gtfo out so you can go cry about it in RL Bear

the ironie is.. i was about to do it anyway.
sad thing is.. its related to this.

at the beginning of the year i got sick with a throat and couldnt speak for about 1,5-2 month.
in this time all i did was playing dust and eve, because i couldnt go outside, because if i would do it i would run into the risk of getting fired.

the sad part of it is that my girlfriend got so bored of me that after 2 month she left me, because she told me that i should had read and study in that time and not play those stupid games all the time.

so i told a person in my corp that i will take a break from eve (that was 2 weeks ago) and this week he took down the corp pos and stole my fresh delivered datacores and the T2 BPC's that i droped into the PoS the night before, because i wanted to move them the next day.

long story short:
stading grind for the last 1,5 years
finished it when i was sick and lost my girlfriend that i had for 1,2 years and was lifing with for 4month
corp member stole 1bil from me (its not about the low ISK its about the fakt that the second person that i trusted ****** me in 2 weeks)

and now CCP removes the need for the standing.

from my side i have to say that this april was the worst month in my whole entire life.
the fakt that i'm the one who has to pay for the big appartment alone now and that i will only get a 70% payout for the last month, because i was sick for more then 2 month, because of a wrong diagnosis from the doctor also doesn't make me smile.

i know that some people think its awesome to troll and write **** about this right now, but i think those are people who never had a girlfriend anyway.. so yea.. go on. i dont think that it can get much worse.

maybe the next level would be that the house with my stuff in it burnes down, while the company that i work for gets into trubble and cant pay anything andmore and on the way home i get hit by a bus. or my grandmother dies...

i wouldn't even wonder if this would be what happens next week..

HAHAHA
Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#39 - 2014-04-20 18:57:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Loraine Gess
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

Guys please don't ever fix or improve the game - it's my BADGE OF HONOR to have fought through a ****** system at some point

-Not DMC
Mistah Ewedynao
Ice Axe Psycho Killers
#40 - 2014-04-20 20:37:30 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:

DMC

Everything about this change is a slap in the face to long term players who did the grind. You lost 5 paying accounts the last time you slapped me CCP. This is just more something for nothing for noobs and BlueSec greed monsters at the expense of folks who put ALOT of effort into the game.

Nerf Goons

Nuke em from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

Previous page123Next page