These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

BPO Terminology for Dummies: ME = ML ?

Author
Fantasia Freelance
Fiorina Aerospace
#1 - 2014-04-18 20:14:11 UTC
I am really, really amateur about BPOs and research! I'm reading about researching BPO's online through various websites and one question I keep running into is:

How is Material Efficiency (ME) different from Material Level (ML, the stat that actually appears in-game on the BPO itself)?

For instance, the official Eve Wiki page says:

Quote:
Blueprints with level 0 ME normally have 10% material waste, though there are known cases of 5% and 0% waste. Each level of ME reduces the remaining amount of wasted materials by ever decreasing amounts; increasing the level of ME research will yield a lower reduction in wasted materials at higher ME levels.

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Researching_blueprints

But BPO's don't have a "ME" level. Grrrr!

Thanks in advance!
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2014-04-18 20:34:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Elena Thiesant
ME = ML. Just different terminology. The BPs show ML and PL. Everyone refers to them as ME and PE

Then, to further confuse things, CCP went and renamed the skill Productivity Efficiency to Material Efficiency :-(
Fantasia Freelance
Fiorina Aerospace
#3 - 2014-04-18 20:35:17 UTC
LOL
SJ Astralana
Syncore
#4 - 2014-04-19 05:58:24 UTC
Elena Thiesant wrote:
ME = ML. Just different terminology. The BPs show ML and PL. Everyone refers to them as ME and PE

Then, to further confuse things, CCP went and renamed the skill Productivity Efficiency to Material Efficiency :-(

ML and PL are the researched level of the BPO. ME is the skill. ME/PE=anything else is a misnomre.

Hyperdrive your production business: Eve Production Manager

Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#5 - 2014-04-19 11:09:45 UTC
Elena Thiesant wrote:

Yes. That was a rather unfortunate move Lol.

Remove standings and insurance.

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#6 - 2014-04-22 03:31:24 UTC
It's one of the reasons I've been specifically trying to refer to the values on blueprints as ML and PL.

In part to deal with the Skill change.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter