These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New to multiple monitor setups

First post
Author
Wa'roun
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2011-12-01 08:28:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Wa'roun
So I set my two 24" 1920x1080 LCD monitors next to each other, and not knowing anything about how games that natively support spanning across multiple monitors worked, it seemed to me the only way to do it with Eve was to put it into windowed mode and stretch it across the screen and/or expanding/maximizing the window.

The only problem is I have the blue title bar sticking down on the top which pushes that amount of the game screen down and I can't move it up since it just snaps back.

This is a quickie post before going to bed. I am aware of the WSGF(orums) and will look there later as well. I just looked up the games database to see what the first page said but it doesn't have tips and no time to post on that thread.

Is there a way to move the HUD off center? I know you can move the space / character cams (character cam doesn't really work as well though) left/right.

So far I am loving the ability to put different windows on different screens. I just wish there were ultra-thin borders on the monitors so I wouldn't have the 2" center separation.
Vincent Mayer
BOWA Heavy Industries
#2 - 2011-12-01 10:09:09 UTC
I believe they removed the ability to move the ships HUD horizontally on the screen with the crucible patch, just like how they took out pinning. I prefered the hud moved left to make room for OV and drones and am sad that i cant seem to do it now.

As for getting Eve to run fullscreen across both monitors, couple ways of doing it depending on Video cards. There is Eyefinity and Nvidia surround but i believe both require at least 3 monitors.

Try softTH, its basically a software multihead and i know it works somewhat with eve. sofTH Link
GM Karidor
Game Masters
C C P Alliance
#3 - 2011-12-01 11:19:30 UTC
The HUD element can be dragged by clicking and holding the capacitor gauge, and then drag it to the left or right as needed (you can also align on top if you prefer, that option would be in the HUD menu).

The camera center itself can be modified in the "Display & Graphics" tab of the game options, so that your ship won't need to have the screen border right through it.

In regards to getting EVE to go full screen across both screens... the game will use the Resolutions that Windows provides it with. So spanning your desktop over both screens using a single logical display should have that resolution offered within the game as well.

GM Karidor | Senior Game Master

Jenn Makanen
Doomheim
#4 - 2011-12-01 12:05:22 UTC
I've got two identical monitors, and I've got it set as a fixed window, which covers all of them.

Pretty much the same effect as full screen, but I can alt tab other windows over the top without it breaking anything. Handy for playing a video set to always on top, while doing a jita run.

When moving the hud, just make sure you're grabbing the capacitor in the middle, rather then the shield gage (for example)
Wa'roun
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2011-12-01 19:39:59 UTC
GM Karidor wrote:

In regards to getting EVE to go full screen across both screens... the game will use the Resolutions that Windows provides it with. So spanning your desktop over both screens using a single logical display should have that resolution offered within the game as well.

Struggling to understand this in relation to how to span across two monitors without the title bar at the top, yet still have the windowed mode flexibility to view browser/video on top.
Lorth Kelser
Phoenix Propulsion Labs
#6 - 2011-12-01 19:50:45 UTC
Wa'roun wrote:
GM Karidor wrote:

Struggling to understand this in relation to how to span across two monitors without the title bar at the top, yet still have the windowed mode flexibility to view browser/video on top.

Fixed windows mode will allow you to have the window without the blue bar at the top i use this mode myself. Set game window res to monitor res or monitors res total and you will have a full screen window without the title bar.
Wa'roun
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-12-01 22:17:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Wa'roun
Been reading around, including WSGF, and I guess I set to 3840x1080 then.
I wish I could afford a third monitor right now. I don't know how I would fit 3 on my desk anyway. Sitting two 24" side by side covers the breadth of my desk.