These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Analysis coming Pirate BS changes - Machariel

Author
Medai Kesrith
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2014-04-16 07:34:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Medai Kesrith
Did a check again:
26.2 AU warp with 0 speed at start until drop out (all ships T1), no warp speed or align time mods.
Battleship = 67s (current Machariel)
Cruiser = 44s (current Cynabal)
Destroyer = 33s (Thrasher)
Frigate = 26s (current Dramiel)

The coming Machariel will cut off
~ 34% time vs any other T1 BS without any mods (Cruiser Warp speed)
~ 50% time vs any other T1 BS with a full high grade Ascendancy (Destroyer warp speed)
~ 61% time vs any other T1 BS with a low high grade Ascendancy + 1x Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer II (Frigate warp speed)

Consider how many missions you are doing in 1 hour when you are blitzing. At average you will need 1x jump, roughly 50AU to get to your mission, totalling 100AU to get back to your home station. Lets say you are blitzing 8 missions per hour.

Warp time for 100AU
Battleship ~ 255s
Destroyer 50% cut off = 127.5s, time needed 127.5s
Frigate 61% cut off ~ 155s, time needed 100s.

8 missions per hour
Battleship warp time = 2040s, 34min
Destroyer warp time = 1020s, 17min
Frigate warp time = 800s, ~13min

Best case you can shave off roughly 20min warp time that you aren't wasting. I call that significant.
Even if my numbers aren't correct cut 25% of the 100AU and only 6 missions per hour you will still spare 10min every hour you aren't wasting in warp.
Caitlyn Tufy
Perkone
Caldari State
#22 - 2014-04-16 08:12:04 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
I don't know if the Rattlesnake changes equal a buff or a nerf. I'm still a little undecided on the Gurista ship changes. Only 2 drones???

A significant buff (don't look at the number of drones, look at how much damage they'll pull off), though it won't beat a Mach at mission completion times - what it'll be able to do, though, is bring substantial dps at medium to long range and an absolutely insane dps for its tank at close range. The downside is that it's still a very slow ship.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#23 - 2014-04-17 14:16:40 UTC
I understand that. However if you lose 1 sentry, your damage is halved until you deploy a replacement drone; and that is if you were smart to have extras of that type and don't be stupid and carry only 2 of each type (which some will prolly do). With only 2 sentries, you will really have to be on top of your drone management even moreso than people were with 5. I really don't see how a Rattlesnake can be justified now over a Domi.
Jeanne-Luise Argenau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2014-04-17 14:18:57 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
I understand that. However if you lose 1 sentry, your damage is halved until you deploy a replacement drone; and that is if you were smart to have extras of that type and don't be stupid and carry only 2 of each type (which some will prolly do). With only 2 sentries, you will really have to be on top of your drone management even moreso than people were with 5. I really don't see how a Rattlesnake can be justified now over a Domi.

damage, pure and simply damage. i recon the rattle will do double the damage of a domi.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#25 - 2014-04-17 15:20:29 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:

The drones the Rattlesnake )and the other 2 gurista ships) will put out are 'super' drones. Sentries launched from a rattlesnake will have about as much EHP as a CRUISER lol. A small remote rep will be all anyone needs to keep those sentries alive in just about every pve scenario short of full aggro in a DED 10/10 or lvl 5 mission.

(And ti goes without saying, anyone who knows how to keep aggro off their drones in the 1st place understand how good the new Snake will be).

Kinetic or thermal missiles fired from a 'Snake will be bonused. ANY missile, meaning you can put rapid light missiles on it and as long as they are kin or therm, they get the bonus. And the snake is getting an extra missile launcher.

End result is that the Rattlesnake is turing into a sub-capital pve beast the likes of which hasn't been seen in EVE (with the possible exception of the marauders).

That being said, anyone who thinks their Rattlesnake is now worthless can contract that sucker to me, I'll take it off your hands, no charge. Because I'm nice like that.
Numba2 Special
State War Academy
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-04-17 15:26:30 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:

Rattlesnake sentries will have 2.5 times as many hitpoints as they currently do and you'll only have 2 health bars to watch. I feel like you're focusing on the wrong problem if you're worried about losing so much dps when a sentry goes down.
Jeanne-Luise Argenau
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#27 - 2014-04-17 15:40:07 UTC
Numba2 Special wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

Rattlesnake sentries will have 2.5 times as many hitpoints as they currently do and you'll only have 2 health bars to watch. I feel like you're focusing on the wrong problem if you're worried about losing so much dps when a sentry goes down.

actually no 3.75 times is more like it if i understand the boni correct :P
Numba2 Special
State War Academy
Caldari State
#28 - 2014-04-17 17:13:24 UTC
3.75 times the base health, but the Rattlesnake currently gets a 50% bonus to drone health, so it will be 2.5 times as much health as current Rattlesnake heavies/sentries.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#29 - 2014-04-17 18:34:32 UTC
Dani Skye wrote:
Daniel Plain wrote:
the cool kids armor tank their machs nowadays.

I've never been able to make an armor mach make sense over a shield mach given you'll be shooting angels. I'd love to armor tank one (delicious Tracking Computers) but giving up shield explosive resist seems silly. =/

so stop shooting angels...?

I should buy an Ishtar.

Medai Kesrith
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2014-04-18 11:36:40 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Dani Skye wrote:
Daniel Plain wrote:

I've never been able to make an armor mach make sense over a shield mach given you'll be shooting angels. I'd love to armor tank one (delicious Tracking Computers) but giving up shield explosive resist seems silly. =/

That would be stupid, Minnie and Amarr right now have the best corps with the highest ISK/LP ratios.

About the Rattlesnake, forget it, even with 2x TP and a web you won't hit Cruisers very good with your CM. You may switch to Torps but good luck with that and your below 25km effective range.

The new Rattlesnake will be a very good short range PvP boot with Torps and others providing 2xTP + web on your target but that's it.
Stein Backstabber
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#31 - 2014-04-18 11:51:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Stein Backstabber
Medai Kesrith wrote:
About the Rattlesnake, forget it, even with 2x TP and a web you won't hit Cruisers very good with your CM. You may switch to Torps but good luck with that and your below 25km effective range.

The new Rattlesnake will be a very good short range PvP boot with Torps and others providing 2xTP + web on your target but that's it.

1) It hits non elites just fine.
2) Setting aside 1) above, thankfully she has 750 drone DPS (or more, with faction mods coming) to blap stuff with.
2b) Or precision cruises.
2c) Or just fit RHML and leave the drones to do the heavy lifting, but that's a little wasteful.
3) Two painters is quite sufficient.

Not the same in PvP, but given where you are posting, well...one must assume PvE.

When it comes to PvE, this new rattlesnake is nothing short of an absolute machine. I've flown with a friend in a fleet typhoon sporting something like 1300-1500 dps and it goes through PvE content like a vengeful god, you've never seen the likes before. This new rattler will have even more damage and the stupid tank. The only thing keeping that typhoon in check is the tank is a little flimsy, not so with the new rattlesnake.

I'm a Mach/Vargur pilot and believe me when I tell you this thing is going to be a monster, they've probably (slightly) overdone the buffs imo.

But that's just a PvE viewpoint - easily predictable and not massively relevant. I cant predict its activity/performance in PvP. In theory it's a nice hull but the mass/speed might hurt it too much.
Medai Kesrith
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2014-04-18 14:04:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Medai Kesrith
1) really ..... even with 2xTP you won't blow up the sig of a standard Cruiser to the explosion radius of CMs.
All V stats:
Standard Cruiser sig = 125m
add 2x unbonused TPs >> sig = 228m
CM T2 Ammo; explosion radius = 425.25m
CM faction Ammo; explosion radius = 247.5m
CM precision Ammo; explosion radius = 222.75m

Nothing else to say, numbers are there. The Golem with TP bonus on the other hand works fine against Cruiser.

2) or 2c) in PvE content, naaah you don't want to switch muni when you are in a pocket, neither using RHMLs in PvE.

3) vs BS yes, vs Cruiser no; see 1)
Stein Backstabber
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#33 - 2014-04-18 14:22:21 UTC
Yes really.

Also, rig it, plus you dont need the full 100% damage to blap NPC cruisers. Plus missile pilots usually have GMP implants, you can get fury down under 300. With the high damage of fury, it's plenty strong enough to annihilate them.

You'd see the occasional leaker, usually painters in falloff/NPCs burning but drones pretty much one shot those leftover (and there aren't many).

It was a bigger problem before but cruises got massive, massive buffs - more than enough to offset the damage loss in PvE terms. Besides, the rattler can blap cruisers with drones no problems and turn the full firepower to bigger stuff as required and believe me it'll melt things wholesale. Missiles aren't what they were a few years ago in PvE.

I've seen people rave about the likes of the fleet phoon here but having seen it myself...wow. The new rattler is basically that on steroids.
noraus
Nuwa Foundation
Fraternity.
#34 - 2014-04-18 19:38:32 UTC
Stein Backstabber wrote:
[quote=Medai Kesrith]

When it comes to PvE, this new rattlesnake is nothing short of an absolute machine. I've flown with a friend in a fleet typhoon sporting something like 1300-1500 dps and it goes through PvE content like a vengeful god, you've never seen the likes before. This new rattler will have even more damage and the stupid tank. The only thing keeping that typhoon in check is the tank is a little flimsy, not so with the new rattlesnake.

I'm a Mach/Vargur pilot and believe me when I tell you this thing is going to be a monster, they've probably (slightly) overdone the buffs imo.

Could you please share the secret of 1300-1500 dps on Rattlesnake :)
Also I'm not sure if Vargur will get a shiny buff?
chaosgrimm
Synth Tech
#35 - 2014-04-18 19:51:13 UTC
lol even a pirate BS thread about the machariel can not escape rattlesnake discussion Roll
Stein Backstabber
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#36 - 2014-04-18 21:44:59 UTC
noraus wrote:
Stein Backstabber wrote:
[quote=Medai Kesrith]

Could you please share the secret of 1300-1500 dps on Rattlesnake :)
Also I'm not sure if Vargur will get a shiny buff?

Launchers, sentries and damage mods. It's not rocket science.

The vargur is already insane :)
noraus
Nuwa Foundation
Fraternity.
#37 - 2014-04-19 03:05:56 UTC
Stein Backstabber wrote:
[quote=noraus][quote=Stein Backstabber][quote=Medai Kesrith]

Launchers, sentries and damage mods. It's not rocket science.

The vargur is already insane :)

never used launchers before: does faction launcher outperform its T2 version in actual play? EFT could fool me sometimes.
Adoris Nolen
Sama Guild
#38 - 2014-04-22 05:19:48 UTC
Just play around on eft with faction mods. The RS will pump out 1300+ dps out to 70km easily. Way too many of you over tank them.
ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
#39 - 2014-04-22 06:47:40 UTC
Medai Kesrith wrote:

Conclusion:
The biggest recent nerf to LvL 4 mission runner and any anomalie(null and WH) farmer was the warp speed change. A BS needs about 1:30min (corrected ~65s) to warp 25 AU in a system. That is killing the ISK/h severly

Welcome the old and new king of LvL 4 mission farming, especially if you are in the blitzing mission business there will be no better ship like the Machariel. Depending on how you calculate you can spare at best 20min or at worst 10min per hour not wasting in warp.

My heart bleeds for you, it really does.

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

Dani Skye
Pro Synergy
#40 - 2014-04-22 07:40:18 UTC
Daniel Plain wrote:
Dani Skye wrote:
Daniel Plain wrote:

Why would I use a Machariel if not shooting Angels?