These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Interceptor fleet are not fun at all

Author
Tchulen
Trumpets and Bookmarks
#121 - 2014-04-17 13:59:18 UTC
Cardano Firesnake wrote:
Perharps it is a good thing but I don't like the idea that someone can fly a ship and dumbly fly gate to gate in all Eve with no risk.

The fact that people in interceptors die means that you're wrong. No one can fly across New Eden with no risk even in an interceptor. You're exaggerating the situation in order to further your argument. The issue with that is that an argument based on a fallacy is no argument at all.

Cardano Firesnake wrote:
I like the fact that this a sandbox where you can do what you want. But every game play in the game should have an adequate response. If someone fly a interceptor he should have the pressure of a risk to be catch if he do it wrong.
Cloakers should not be totally safe while cloaked for hours.

You've had it explained to you how interceptors can be caught. If you're not prepared to fly ships specifically designed to kill interceptors (insta locking ships) and/or not prepared to fly with others that's your problem, not the game. The counters are there. You either don't understand them, don't want to use them or simply are too incompetent to use them. None of this is the game's fault and therefore the issue here is between the chair and keyboard and the change needs to be made inside your head, not in the game code. I'm not trying to pick on you. This is simply how it is.

Cardano Firesnake wrote:
Empire Gankers should have more difficulties to kill Freighters and Indus. Because it is simply too easy for the moment.
It is so easy that I don't use my freighter anymore (with my alt of course). I nearly don't use my Transport ship, and never fly an indus.

This is a great example of what I said in my last comment. You don't fly ships because you can't see how to fly them. If what you say is true, no one would fly industrial ships and no materials would move around New Eden high sec. Well, I can tell you with certainty that other people are flying those ships and are moving stuff around high sec. It's just that they've figured out the tolerances within which to work to minimise the risks. The fact that your opinion is that if you can't do precisely what you want to do it's not worth doing points very strongly to the problem being with you, not the game.

Again, I'm not trying to have a go at you but instead I'm trying to point out that you need to think about these things logically rather than emotionally deciding you can't do something simply because you made a mistake and got shot. Take responsibility for your mistakes instead of blaming an "unfair" game. I've see too many people in EvE try something, get shot, try it again, get shot, try it again, get shot then quit what they were doing completely not once thinking that perhaps if they modified how were there doing it with the information they received by being shot they might be able to make it work. Often, they then come onto the forums and complain about how some game mechanic or other is unfair. In most cases it's not unfair, they're just a dumbass.

Cardano Firesnake wrote:
If you are cautious there is no risk to fly an inty fleet. You just have to engage ships that cannot fight back

This is the same for any fleet. With enough caution and scouting this works for pretty much anything.
Bezdar22
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#122 - 2014-04-17 15:11:43 UTC
Cardano Firesnake wrote:

EDIT: Heavy dictors bubble should be able to catch nullified ships... Perharps with a special script.

whats the point then buffing intys first place... or make them the way they were bfr ..
the reason they are immune to bubble to they can tackle targets..

if u cant kill them then run after them scare them away .. dont just sit in station and wait pilot self destruct himselfPirate
Burneddi
Avanto
Hole Control
#123 - 2014-04-17 16:30:13 UTC
Flaming Forum Spammer
Doomheim
#124 - 2014-04-17 18:12:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Flaming Forum Spammer
Dear OP,

The solution to interceptor fleets is not a module. Dock up until you realize you need to use your head or borrow a page from another book. NinjaSquads are like packs of Chihuahuas -**** loads of bark, no bite solo except against miners, dangerous as a pack and easily bored as hell. They have a narrow target range and anytime you see local jump by 10, immediately GTFO and cloak/dock. They'll hit every belt almost at once and hit the next right after. 30 seconds done; you are either safe or tackled and it was your lack of perception that caused it. No module can mitigate stupid.

Do you want your nullsec constellations to have gate activation alarms that broadcast to it's local chat that someone is coming?

Remember the first rule... if you find yourself in a fair fight, you screwed up.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#125 - 2014-04-17 18:28:24 UTC
interceptors are awesome, really opened up null sec for me. They pay for their advantages with a paper thin tank. I don't think there's a problem here.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#126 - 2014-04-17 18:52:41 UTC
Just knew this had to be goon.

We all love goon tears.

Did you lose a ship to my inty?
Dynamiittiukko
Fistful of Finns
#127 - 2014-04-17 19:10:30 UTC
Flaming Forum Spammer wrote:
No module can mitigate stupid.

QFT. Now read it again. Twice. Then try to understand it. This is not targeted at anyone in particular but to everyone in general.

.d
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#128 - 2014-04-17 20:07:18 UTC
If you complain about ceptors that you cant catch you are just plain lazy. Instead of whining why dont you just fly a ship that warps faster then a ceptor and can easily kill one?

A smartbombing proteus that is setup for it warps over 50% faster (12.5au) then a normal ceptor, has enough smartbombs to kill a untanked ceptor at a gate and has enough ehp to get out afterwards, pair up 3-6 of them together and you can erase whole ceptor fleets in seconds, all with better mobility.
Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#129 - 2014-04-18 03:59:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Cardano Firesnake
The fact that there is now only interceptors is the proof that there is a problem with them.

Of course they are fun to fly.

But if they replace all other ships then why creating something else?

As usual with my posts, I try to have an objective vision of the metagame.
I do not complain because I have lost a ship against Interceptors.
In fact I have lost a lot of ships against interceptors. And I killed quite a few of them.
I am concern about the fact there is only interceptors because of their impunity.

No more assault fregates, no more cruisers, not even these shiny electronic frigates.
Not because these ship are not good. But because the Interceptors are OP.

Stop trying to find why I am wrong or why I complain. I am not whining. I know exactly how to avoid the fight if I want to. If i lose ship it is because I take risks.

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

Cardano Firesnake
Fire Bullet Inc
#130 - 2014-04-18 04:31:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Cardano Firesnake
Tchulen wrote:

Again, I'm not trying to have a go at you but instead I'm trying to point out that you need to think about these things logically rather than emotionally deciding you can't do something simply because you made a mistake and got shot. Take responsibility for your mistakes instead of blaming an "unfair" game. I've see too many people in EvE try something, get shot, try it again, get shot, try it again, get shot then quit what they were doing completely not once thinking that perhaps if they modified how were there doing it with the information they received by being shot they might be able to make it work. Often, they then come onto the forums and complain about how some game mechanic or other is unfair. In most cases it's not unfair, they're just a dumbass.

I think you make a mistake. It is not about emotions, it is about diference between analysis.
You think that doublewrap is enough to protect freighters and super-scanresolution is enough to catch inties.
But it is not true.
Yes it is more risky if you do not know what there is in the containers to sacrifice 9 Tornadoes or 20 Destroyers on a Freighter. But even if the Freighter was empty the loss of the pirates is already ridiculous in fornt of the freighter cost. Goon destroy freighters just for fun already. (I do not caution this gameplay but if goons like to do that..)

With two nanofibers a malediction is almost impossible to catch with highresolution. Sometimes I catch an inty on a gate before he warp. But an example doesn't make a rule.

I don't blame an unfair game; Eve is unfair. But the gameplay should not be unfair.
And, the fact I am in Goonswar Federation does not make me a sort of clone with the only one mind.
You should think about your subective point of view before tolking about mine ;-).

Posted - 2010.07.01 11:24:00 - [4] Erase learning skills, remap all SP. That's all.

Ugly Eric
Fistful of Finns
#131 - 2014-04-18 08:32:23 UTC
Cardano Firesnake wrote:
The fact that there is now only interceptors is the proof that there is a problem with them.

The fact that you see almost nothing else than interceptors is due anything else being able to survive deklein.

I can assure you I would like nothing as much as still roam in my machariel. However, if I come with a machariel to Deklein, you know too well what will happend. And the same goes to all sov space. I'm fine with ppl being able to have certain advantages in there homesystems over the intruder. However even with inties you still have. Inties are not able to threat anything at all. All that dies are ppl AFK and individuals coming to help one at the time someone tackled.

Infact you CFC ppl seem to be so sure inties are danger to your sov, I am tempted to for a public operation to try to claim sove from CFC. If that comes to be a successful operation, I am more than happy to admit I was wrong.

Dynamiittiukko
Fistful of Finns
#132 - 2014-04-18 08:33:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Dynamiittiukko
Cardano Firesnake wrote:

I would say that is incorrect. People fly ceptors because they are (somewhat of) a solution to The Problem(TM). In this case The Problem(TM) is the fact that if you wish to have any chance of surviving while roaming in SOV space, ceptors are pretty close to being the only possible option - unless you can bring 50+ of your closest friends along with you.

The oceans of bubbles coupled with instalock camps made pretty damn sure of that.

I suppose it never occurred to you that when you spoke of counters to every setup, ceptors are exactly that to The Problem(TM) i.e. instalock bubble camps.

.d
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#133 - 2014-04-18 09:31:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Cardano Firesnake wrote:

As usual with my posts, I try to have an objective vision of the metagame.
I do not complain because I have lost a ship against Interceptors.
In fact I have lost a lot of ships against interceptors. And I killed quite a few of them.
I am concern about the fact there is only interceptors because of their impunity.

No more assault fregates, no more cruisers, not even these shiny electronic frigates.
Not because these ship are not good. But because the Interceptors are OP.

Stop trying to find why I am wrong or why I complain. I am not whining. I know exactly how to avoid the fight if I want to. If i lose ship it is because I take risks.

Do I really have to repeat myself? There are other fleet types flying around, lots of them.

The reason you don't see them lies in your always same, predictable reactions to other fleet. This reaction led to ceptors being among the few viable fleets to fly around in such hostile space. Why should people use other fleets if they guarantee your loss without anything gained?

Making one of the few remaining fleets less viable in such hostile environment does nothing to improve the game, it only makes it easier for you and harder for others. That's ABSOLUTELY not desirable!

Quote:
I don't blame an unfair game; Eve is unfair. But the gameplay should not be unfair.
And, the fact I am in Goonswar Federation does not make me a sort of clone with the only one mind.
You should think about your subective point of view before tolking about mine ;-).

We think very objectively about the points you throw at us. Every point so far only leads to less effort for you in defending your belongings, less risk to take and less time to invest, while increasing all that for other parties you don't want to see.

You also should think about the "clone with one mind" thing. As far as I recall CFC members are not permitted to have an own mind, if I remember mitt's article on that matter and some articles about own identities in CFC correctly. [;-)]

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

erittainvarma
Fistful of Finns
#134 - 2014-04-18 23:41:50 UTC  |  Edited by: erittainvarma
Diivil wrote:

I'm sure you tackle many cruiser sized non-drone boats. Yeah, that happens. There is a lonely Cynabal in a belt, will you engage? Of course not. You are presumably not an idiot. The fact that the Cynabal would kill you doesn't matter when you can decide if you want to engage or not.

Quite honestly there are only two ways to lose these interceptors, getting baited or bad FCing (mostly target selection). If it takes hundreds of hours to train your guys to stay alive and they still die to things that aren't baits then quite clearly the issue is with the FCing.

You can call it bad FC'ing, I call it having fun. You can play the game either "the right way" or the fun way. Right way is damn boring way in EVE, but that's the CFC way as we all have witnessed. That's why I'm in alliance that has no sov and killing your lazy friends. It's just fun. It has been actually also damn profitable, but that's just a little nice side bonus. This thread makes it even more fun, as my enemies are now clearly having a hard time.

I find it also damn hilarious that this thread is essentially about goonswarm guy crying about opponent denying the fights from him while your whole damn war history has been about denying fights from enemies. The fact is, you don't want to be able to fight these fleets, you want to be able to defeat them and defeat them as easily as you can defeat everything else that comes in your space. That's the whole reason you are seeing so many ceptor fleets in Deklein nowadays. They are the only thing that would require real work from your fleet instead of just sitting at the gate. It's not like that we warp our ceptors to anomaly and Ishtar goes boom instantly.

As for actual Features & Ideas Discussion, Interceptors are fine. Depending on ceptor, they all pay the price from being able to align quick in form of dps, tank or speed, usually combination all of them.

PS. Please restore our renting collection devices to Deklein. Preferably to Caldari ones for shorter trip to turn your rent to actual ISK.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#135 - 2014-04-19 09:44:54 UTC
erittainvarma wrote:
Diivil wrote:

I'm sure you tackle many cruiser sized non-drone boats. Yeah, that happens. There is a lonely Cynabal in a belt, will you engage? Of course not. You are presumably not an idiot. The fact that the Cynabal would kill you doesn't matter when you can decide if you want to engage or not.

Quite honestly there are only two ways to lose these interceptors, getting baited or bad FCing (mostly target selection). If it takes hundreds of hours to train your guys to stay alive and they still die to things that aren't baits then quite clearly the issue is with the FCing.

You can call it bad FC'ing, I call it having fun. You can play the game either "the right way" or the fun way. Right way is damn boring way in EVE, but that's the CFC way as we all have witnessed. That's why I'm in alliance that has no sov and killing your lazy friends. It's just fun. It has been actually also damn profitable, but that's just a little nice side bonus. This thread makes it even more fun, as my enemies are now clearly having a hard time.

I find it also damn hilarious that this thread is essentially about goonswarm guy crying about opponent denying the fights from him while your whole damn war history has been about denying fights from enemies. The fact is, you don't want to be able to fight these fleets, you want to be able to defeat them and defeat them as easily as you can defeat everything else that comes in your space. That's the whole reason you are seeing so many ceptor fleets in Deklein nowadays. They are the only thing that would require real work from your fleet instead of just sitting at the gate. It's not like that we warp our ceptors to anomaly and Ishtar goes boom instantly.

As for actual Features & Ideas Discussion, Interceptors are fine. Depending on ceptor, they all pay the price from being able to align quick in form of dps, tank or speed, usually combination all of them.

PS. Please restore our renting collection devices to Deklein. Preferably to Caldari ones for shorter trip to turn your rent to actual ISK.

this.

Plus if goons can't win they petition ccp to change the game mechanics lol...

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Aimel
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#136 - 2014-04-19 11:09:02 UTC
W0lf Crendraven wrote:
If you complain about ceptors that you cant catch you are just plain lazy. Instead of whining why dont you just fly a ship that warps faster then a ceptor and can easily kill one?

A smartbombing proteus that is setup for it warps over 50% faster (12.5au) then a normal ceptor, has enough smartbombs to kill a untanked ceptor at a gate and has enough ehp to get out afterwards, pair up 3-6 of them together and you can erase whole ceptor fleets in seconds, all with better mobility.

Yeh good idea bing more proteus
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#137 - 2014-04-19 15:07:46 UTC
Im just saying, you can have a proteus fleet that reps insane amounts of damage, gives links, has nice projected damage and insane point range/ or good smartbomb coverage that aligns nearly as quickly as a ceptor and warps over 50% faster. Its your fault if you dont use the games tools and instead cry about uncatchable ceptors.
Aimel
Beyond Divinity Inc
Shadow Cartel
#138 - 2014-04-19 15:20:59 UTC
W0lf Crendraven wrote:
Im just saying, you can have a proteus fleet that reps insane amounts of damage, gives links, has nice projected damage and insane point range/ or good smartbomb coverage that aligns nearly as quickly as a ceptor and warps over 50% faster. Its your fault if you dont use the games tools and instead cry about uncatchable ceptors.

Recon ships are usually enough tbh, but yea that's not what their ratting bots are flyin'
Jurgen Strottenpotten
Love Squad
#139 - 2014-04-19 15:25:42 UTC
Cardano Firesnake wrote:

So now interceptors replace all other ships in the game? They replace battleships, freighters, dreadnoughts, and interdictors.

The typical "LOL I TROL" defense coming from this goon in 3... 2... 1...
Bezdar22
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#140 - 2014-04-19 16:31:29 UTC
W0lf Crendraven wrote:

they cant fly protius....

i think barely 5 % has the skills for protius.
however 80 % can fly rating tengu,
60% can fly rating ishtar
40% can fly rating vexor navu issue

*Note--- dont have skillz for t2 sentry and t2 heavy drones
they use caldari navy heavy usually"

oh yah seens some carrier rating ,, (not archon though)