These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Forum trolling is still out of hand; hurting player-to-dev interaction

First post
Author
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#61 - 2014-04-18 03:01:22 UTC
Belt Scout wrote:
<--- x'ing up. Can someone fleet me in for tonight's roam?

Tonight's roam includes you joining my corp, contracting your assets for zero collateral to move to our super secret base, and giving me your full account api, for faith and security purposes.

Blink

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#62 - 2014-04-18 03:01:57 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

We control everything.

Then tell the bossman to pull the trigger on Burn Jita.

I have ships primed and ready.

Unless you are the bossman....

:tinfoil:

Shocked

Actually we've figured out a way to invade wormholes en mass so expect a lot of tears from a certain variety of risk averse PVErs.

There's multiple ways to do this that have been known for a while....just sayin'......
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#63 - 2014-04-18 03:05:00 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
La Nariz wrote:

Actually we've figured out a way to invade wormholes en mass so expect a lot of tears from a certain variety of risk averse PVErs.

There's multiple ways to do this that have been known for a while....just sayin'......

You just couldn't let them have this one... great.. now were going to have a bunch of pouty goons.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#64 - 2014-04-18 03:07:09 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Belt Scout wrote:

Tonight's roam includes you joining my corp, contracting your assets for zero collateral to move to our super secret base, and giving me your full account api, for faith and security purposes.

Blink

Ok. But there has to be singing, stalking, trained attack dogs and rage quitting afterwards. Twisted

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

KnowUsByTheDead
#65 - 2014-04-18 03:08:25 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:

You just couldn't let them have this one... great.. now were going to have a bunch of pouty goons.

Great. Just great.

*replaces tinfoil*

What's getting nerfed now?

Roll

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

The Troll Bridge
#66 - 2014-04-18 03:08:57 UTC
Belt Scout wrote:
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Belt Scout wrote:

Blink

Ok. But there has to be singing, stalking, trained attack dogs and rage quitting afterwards. Twisted

You will get a stern talking to..and you will like it.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#67 - 2014-04-18 03:09:05 UTC
Brandy Orion wrote:
This thread was created some time ago and received and pretty hefty amount of responses and likes from the community
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4198527#post4198527

Since this post, it is unfortunate to see that the trolling on the EVE-O forums has only gotten worse and more unchecked. I don't want to make this long so I'll get right to the points:

- The trolling on EVE-O forums is getting worse and has been for some time.
- Most players who attempt to discuss an idea or thought on the forums are berated, trolled and insulted for their efforts.
- Most of these players then leave the forums after a few posts due to the trolling, insults and/or lack of help they recieved.
- The majority of the playerbase is not represented on the forums as a result of this.
- The majority of the regulars on the forums are trolls as a result of this.
- Responses to new ideas and features posted by players is therefore mostly done by trolls.
- The "community discussion" that is reviewed by the devs is therefore in fact incomplete and rather one-sided.

Until the ISDs start outright muting/banning people from the forums this pattern will continue and proper, reasonable discussion involving the majority of the community will never happen. The TOS/EULA allows for these bans/mutes. Take a look at the posts for user "PotatoOverdose". There are 20+ EULA/TOS infractions there. Take a look at the posts for user "Unsuccessful at Everything". Look, I think he's funny too. It doesn't mean there aren't 100+ EULA/TOS infraction there.

The trolls work as a community and tend to +1 eachothers posts as often as they can. The result is that many posts - such as this one - which the majority of the community may agree with will in fact receive substantially less likes than the posts made by the trolls which the majority of the community may disagree with. You can go ahead and apply this to most posts in most threads made by such players; and that's where it really matters. There are many great ideas and suggestions that are turned aside and lost forever because a group of trolls attack a thread, receive 12 likes from their troll friends, and it becomes assumed that the "community" disagrees with the idea. Even the OP might assume this and never consider his otherwise good idea ever again.

There's a reason why most of the changes that have occurred over the past few years have not been well received by the community; it's because the devs are increasingly unaware of what the community wants. Awareness comes through communication, which cannot happen until your consumers are motivated to communicate. In it's current state, only trolls or incredibly thick-skinned debaters are willing to have discussions in this - as was put best - cesspool of EVE Online.

Thanks for reading. Now let's set back and watch as the replies to my thread only prove my point further.

-

It doesnt help when the mods are locking threads that ARENT TROLLING and saying that they are -.-

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

KnowUsByTheDead
#68 - 2014-04-18 03:10:42 UTC
Belt Scout wrote:
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Belt Scout wrote:

Blink

I am sure there will be all of those things.

There are also lollipops and teddy bears.

Don't want any obsession to go ignored.

Shocked

Big smileRollPirate

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#69 - 2014-04-18 03:11:54 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Belt Scout wrote:
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:
Belt Scout wrote:

Blink

Shocked

Big smileRollPirate

Also eye socket bashing.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

The Troll Bridge
#70 - 2014-04-18 03:13:07 UTC
KnowUsByTheDead wrote:

Shocked

Big smileRollPirate

Will there be any giving of the night rod to ones sister for free? Ive been obsessed with that one all day.....

KnowUsByTheDead
#71 - 2014-04-18 03:16:36 UTC  |  Edited by: KnowUsByTheDead
There will be all the things.

A wonderful world of imaginations.

I dunno about Code reading or Russian history though.

Those things are akin to waterboarding according to U.N. Representative Teg.

And Belt Scout is the lucky winner tonight.

Congrats, Belt Scout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pix Severus
Empty You
#72 - 2014-04-18 03:16:50 UTC
So, who else wants to join the super secret forum troll likes cabal?

MTU Hunter: Latest Entry - June 12 2017 - Vocal Local 5

MTU Hunting 101: Comprehensive Guide

The Troll Bridge
#73 - 2014-04-18 03:18:01 UTC
Pix Severus wrote:

Aww.. guys.. I thought we decided on the GD Militia...

Man..now im stuck with all these shirts I made.

Asia Leigh
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#74 - 2014-04-18 03:18:18 UTC
Find it funny that the OP calls us trolls, but posts a troll thread >.>

WE DON'T WANT YOUR CAREBEAR ISLAND HERE...

By the way on your way out the door can I have your stuff?
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#75 - 2014-04-18 03:19:47 UTC
Woohoo yeah.

Now that everything is falling into place, everyone put your wifebeaters on. ShockedBig smileBig smileBig smile

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

KnowUsByTheDead
#76 - 2014-04-18 03:20:17 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Pix Severus wrote:

Aww.. guys.. I thought we decided on the GD Militia...

Man..now im stuck with all these shirts I made.

Pass them out to people at the office. Make sure one fits Rhonda.

Blink

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#77 - 2014-04-18 03:22:07 UTC
Quote:
26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

Thread closed.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department