These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Forum trolling is still out of hand; hurting player-to-dev interaction

First post
Author
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#21 - 2014-04-18 02:06:20 UTC
Hold on a minute here.

Massive subjectivity...

Unsubstantiated claims...

Accusations of alt-ism...

Recently made NPC Corp character...

Yep. Infinity Ziona alt.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#22 - 2014-04-18 02:07:25 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

Yep. Infinity Ziona alt.

Ziona.

Is that you?

Shocked

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-04-18 02:08:46 UTC
Part 2
Brandy Orion wrote:

Until the ISDs start outright muting/banning people from the forums this pattern will continue and proper, reasonable discussion involving the majority of the community will never happen.

Until you provide reasonable criteria for what constitutes "proper, reasonable discussion," this sounds like nothing more than "ISD should ban everyone that disagrees with me." Please clarify what you mean by "proper, reasonable discussion," preferably with examples.

Brandy Orion wrote:

Until the ISDs start outright muting/banning....The TOS/EULA allows for these bans/mutes. Take a look at the posts for user "PotatoOverdose". There are 20+ EULA/TOS infractions there. Take a look at the posts for user "Unsuccessful at Everything". Look, I think he's funny too. It doesn't mean there aren't 100+ EULA/TOS infraction there.

This is again false, the ISD have no authority to ban anyone. More unsupported lies. As to the personal accusation leveled against me: It is up to the sole discretion of CCP to ban or not ban myself and anyone else from the forums or the game. It is not your place to judge, it is theirs, and theirs alone.

Brandy Orion wrote:

There's a reason why most of the changes that have occurred over the past few years have not been well received by the community;

Source? Or another unsupported lie?

So, a host of unsupported and deceptive claims have been presented, personal accusations have been directed, and I'm the one trolling? Did you even read your own post?

KnowUsByTheDead
#24 - 2014-04-18 02:09:34 UTC
Brandy Orion wrote:
30 likes spread through here; I wonder how many were alts of forum alts that posted in this thread. Big smile

FYI I'm not reading the responses to this thread for obvious reasons, however I do implore you folk to keep proving my point if you'd be so kind. How would I know you're proving my point, you might ask? You're that obvious.

The likes are much like the likes in the like thread that was posted last night by Ziona to garner likes.

We work in tandem.

Cut off one head, two shall take it's place.

Hail Hydra, ofc.

Big smile

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Muestereate
Minions LLC
#25 - 2014-04-18 02:10:17 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Brandy Orion wrote:
Take a look at the posts for user "Unsuccessful at Everything". Look, I think he's funny too. It doesn't mean there aren't 100+ EULA/TOS infraction there.

Really? I had no clue. No clue at all. That just amazes me. I'm shocked.

You really find me funny?

No but you are tolerable and that is "Bad"
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-04-18 02:11:44 UTC
Tonight, at 11:

Carebears now insist that being told to post their ideas in the right forum is, in fact, a form of griefing and harassment.
A carebear spokesman also insisted that when someone complains about gifts or says something dumb, nobody should let them know they're annoying everyone.

The overwhelming response from pirates and other upright New Eden citizens was that the carebears should HTFU, and stop taking simple criticism or corrections as personal attacks. Carebears responded by evemailing death threats and claiming to have had sexual relations with the pirates' mothers and girlfriends.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#27 - 2014-04-18 02:14:13 UTC
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Carebears responded by evemailing death threats and claiming to have had sexual relations with the pirates' mothers and girlfriends.

You forgot the wishful predictions of ass cancer.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

Best Meltdown Ever.

KnowUsByTheDead
#28 - 2014-04-18 02:16:42 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:
Carebears responded by evemailing death threats and claiming to have had sexual relations with the pirates' mothers and girlfriends.

You forgot the wishful predictions of ass cancer.

Pfft.

That is so two-three weeks ago.

I am more worried about biker bouncer, dog wielding, eye gouging madmen who have strange obsessions post after post with pedophilia.

Shocked

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#29 - 2014-04-18 02:18:02 UTC
Excessive tears from a forum alt?

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

KnowUsByTheDead
#30 - 2014-04-18 02:20:57 UTC
Beekeeper Bob wrote:
Excessive tears from a suspected IZ forum alt?

FTFY

Blink

Lady Areola Fappington
#31 - 2014-04-18 02:24:26 UTC
Wow, I've found someone who thinks "likes" actually matter.

To make the thread actually useful, I found these "BlueBerry Cobbler" cookies at the store yesterday. Made by Pepperidge Farm. They're freaking delicious, if you like blueberry.

7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided. --Eve New Player Guide

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#32 - 2014-04-18 02:24:44 UTC
kk tl;dr srsly swyp afaik qq meh

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-04-18 02:26:11 UTC
Brandy Orion wrote:
30 likes spread through here; I wonder how many were alts of forum alts that posted in this thread. Big smile

FYI I'm not reading the responses to this thread for obvious reasons, however I do implore you folk to keep proving my point if you'd be so kind. How would I know you're proving my point, you might ask? You're that obvious.

I wonder how much better our forums would be if npc corp members like yourself were prevented from posting in GD.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Solecist Project
#34 - 2014-04-18 02:28:11 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Brandy Orion wrote:

I wonder how much better our forums would be if npc corp members like yourself were prevented from posting in GD.

Agreed.

Oh wait.

Crap. :(

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#35 - 2014-04-18 02:29:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:

To make the thread actually useful, I found these "BlueBerry Cobbler" cookies at the store yesterday. Made by Pepperidge Farm. They're freaking delicious, if you like blueberry.
If we wanted likes we'd post in The Likes & Get Likes thread, and nowhere else.

I do agree that certain posters are poisonous, they're just not the ones that the OP thinks they are.

Obligatory popcorn gif

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#36 - 2014-04-18 02:29:34 UTC
If this is going to be another thread like last nights knee-slapper..im going to need to make coffee...and popcorn.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Cygnet Lythanea
World Welfare Works Association
#37 - 2014-04-18 02:31:21 UTC
Part of the issue is that the ban on discussion forum moderation itself makes for interesting issues. It's effectively a Catch 22. The moderator can use it to eliminate any threads they don't like, but we can't call them out for abusing it when not actually necessary without violating the rules ourselves.

I've had quite a few posts moderated lately, and the reason given have had absolutely nothing to do with the posts. But I have no one to take it to, no means by which to protest the issue. CSM are a joke. They're not just supposed to represent us, they're supposed to be ensuring CCP's transparency without revealing confidential information. The entire reason they were created was to restore player confidence in CCP in the wake of several GM cheating scandals. Yet I hear every day of GM's supporting this or that alliance under the table. Why is the CSM not investigating this? Last I heard, CCP Internal Affairs has for all intent and purposes ceased to exist, unless they want to correct me on that.
KnowUsByTheDead
#38 - 2014-04-18 02:31:32 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

Agreed.

Oh wait.

Crap. :(

Everyone knows you.

You get a pass, ofc.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#39 - 2014-04-18 02:33:31 UTC
Cygnet Lythanea wrote:
Yet I hear every day of GM's supporting this or that alliance under the table. Why is the CSM not investigating this?

Idk about you, but I choose which "they" I listen to very carefully, and it doesn't include Dinsdale.

Best Meltdown Ever.

KnowUsByTheDead
#40 - 2014-04-18 02:33:38 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
Lady Areola Fappington wrote:

If we wanted likes we'd post in The Likes & Get Likes thread, and nowhere else.

I do agree that certain posters are poisonous, they're just not the ones that the OP thinks they are.

Obligatory popcorn gif

Are you referring to Poster "s".....Poster "d".......and Poster "ls"?

I agree.

Have a like.

They seem to matter now.

Roll