These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rent in Khanid/Kor-Azor, Surely You're Joking (We're not)

First post
Author
Hannibal Carlisle
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-04-12 03:53:44 UTC
Well played and great idea! Wishing you guys good luck on the business! o7
Psychotic Monk
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2014-04-12 03:57:47 UTC
Garven Dreis
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-04-12 08:21:30 UTC
Surely your joking

Terrible Poster Runner-up 2014

M1k3y Koontz
Speaker for the Dead
Stay Feral
#24 - 2014-04-12 12:54:14 UTC
Garven Dreis wrote:
Surely your joking

* you're Blink

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Giuseppe R Raimondo
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-04-13 01:51:53 UTC
take that nullsec power blocks. The renting game is now open to us lowsec peps too
Pell Helix
Aether Ventures
#26 - 2014-04-13 03:36:42 UTC
Surely You're Joking is available for protection!

Its not a racket!
Good Posting
Doomheim
#27 - 2014-04-14 01:09:20 UTC
I live in Khanid solo and the original post didn't convice me to pay for what i'm doing without paying. I don't run level 5s but if i wanted i would join one of your corps and that's all.

That said, i wish you good luck with your business. Maybe this could work with small corps.

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#28 - 2014-04-14 03:51:09 UTC
Seraph IX Basarab wrote:
ISD Ezwal wrote:
As this is essentially an offer for a permanent mercenary protection plan in a certain region of space, instead of an actual renting agreement for said region of space, this thread has been moved to Crime & Punishment.

Notwithstanding I would love to see more characters in the more quieter regions of k-space. So good luck in your endeavour.

Hey a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.

Not if you called it 'Stink Blossom'.

Watching with interest.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
Seraphim Division
#29 - 2014-04-14 04:44:53 UTC
Good Posting wrote:
I live in Khanid solo and the original post didn't convice me to pay for what i'm doing without paying. I don't run level 5s but if i wanted i would join one of your corps and that's all.

That said, i wish you good luck with your business. Maybe this could work with small corps.

And quite honestly it shouldn't convince you individually. Nobody can really do much to stop individual pilots from roaming through any low sec area. Had you been an actual corporation that wished to hold assets of value, the story would be different.

For corps/alliances interested, i'm not just offering a "pay us money, we'll blue you up while you're in Khanid." I'd actually like to develop the region as a whole by strengthening the groups that do decide to move in and work with us. Right now the entire lowsec of Khanid has maybe 100 people online. It's a very low population. I want to change that.
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#30 - 2014-04-14 15:28:32 UTC
Seraph has presented interesting but not really feasible community development concepts in the past.

While idealistic, this one sounds more attainable and it mildly intrigues me at an academic level. It'll be curious to see how this plays out at the social engineering level. Good luck on the project!

Member of the Pink Pony Killboard Padding Alliance

Pell Helix
Aether Ventures
#31 - 2014-04-15 02:34:35 UTC
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:
Seraph has presented interesting but not really feasible community development concepts in the past.

While idealistic, this one sounds more attainable and it mildly intrigues me at an academic level. It'll be curious to see how this plays out at the social engineering level. Good luck on the project!

Sociology Master?
Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2014-04-15 06:48:14 UTC
I'm so conflicted regarding this entire enterprise.
Tah'ris Khlador
Space Ghosts.
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#33 - 2014-04-15 14:59:26 UTC
Pell Helix wrote:
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:

Sociology Master?

Yes, and I'm doing an experiment on trust in communities. Send me any amount of isk and I'll double it!

Member of the Pink Pony Killboard Padding Alliance

Drauka Kodiak
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2014-04-16 01:59:36 UTC
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:
Pell Helix wrote:
Tah'ris Khlador wrote:

Sociology Master?

Yes, and I'm doing an experiment on trust in communities. Send me any amount of isk and I'll double it!

Please note that he said he would "double it"
Nowhere in that statement is it stated you would get anything in return.
Cavalira
Habemus
#35 - 2014-04-16 10:56:51 UTC
Sounds like some CEO has been watching too many movies like The Godfather.

While the idea could work, it'd require so much effort from the protectors part, since you're basically agreeing to hunt down anyone killing in that region. It may be dead now, but just look at CVA. People go there because they know they'll be hunted.
Jacabon Mere
Capital Storm.
Out of the Blue.
#36 - 2014-04-16 11:18:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Jacabon Mere
so how much rent are fat d paying you guys?

and

[ 2014.03.03 07:50:03 ] Pell Helix > You'll be learning quickly our word is always good.

funny man this pell. Enjoy repping your pos's.

Capital Storm is recruiting Aussies for Lowsec pvp and money making. Join "Capital Storm Pub" channel ingame. www.capitalstorm.net

Subject 4927
We Did A Thing
Probably Up to No Good
#37 - 2014-04-16 17:07:06 UTC
This only works if SYJ has enough numbers.

Although, this is a pretty sick idea. Lot's of deep lowsec systems that are almost always empty. Good idea is good.

http://subjectandfriends.wordpress.com

Karl Jerr
Herzack Unit
#38 - 2014-04-16 19:37:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Karl Jerr
Seraph IX Basarab wrote:

And quite honestly it shouldn't convince you individually. Nobody can really do much to stop individual pilots from roaming through any low sec area. Had you been an actual corporation that wished to hold assets of value, the story would be different.

For corps/alliances interested, i'm not just offering a "pay us money, we'll blue you up while you're in Khanid." I'd actually like to develop the region as a whole by strengthening the groups that do decide to move in and work with us. Right now the entire lowsec of Khanid has maybe 100 people online. It's a very low population. I want to change that.

Looking at your alliance's description: "..Q&A

- No we won't be blue with you."

It's a contradictory offer regarding to your alliance's policies.

Apart that point, with the upcoming summer changes I think it's a good idea to motivate some interest for non combat-pvp corps to settle in low-sec.
Seraph IX Basarab
Outer Path
Seraphim Division
#39 - 2014-04-16 20:29:02 UTC
Jacabon Mere wrote:
so how much rent are fat d paying you guys?

and

[ 2014.03.03 07:50:03 ] Pell Helix > You'll be learning quickly our word is always good.

funny man this pell. Enjoy repping your pos's.

Nothing. I just like them. CCCC

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003919/201404161000/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starina_Novak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeOi4Sj7Irg

Karl Jerr wrote:

Looking at your alliance's description: "..Q&A

- No we won't be blue with you."

It's a contradictory offer regarding to your alliance's policies.

Apart that point, with the upcoming summer changes I think it's a good idea to motivate some interest for non combat-pvp corps to settle in low-sec.

You can pretty much ignore the silliness that is our alliance description. Aside from the names there the rest should be taken with a grain of salt, not as official policy.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#40 - 2014-04-16 21:56:00 UTC
I have removed a rule breaking post and those quoting it.

The Rules:
26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)