These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New EVE Ship Models Discussion

First post First post First post
Author
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#701 - 2014-04-09 11:46:01 UTC
Undead Minion wrote:
Self build would be the only reason I wouldn't buy a model.

Anything with faction paint. Maybe consider doing the same thing as last time... the "standard" versions, and the "faction" versions... hopefully without the huge price difference this time!


This post makes me interested in a tally of how many people want self-built models, in contrast to how many want a pre-assembled model.

I for example would prefer self-build, self-painted models, but I understand not everyone likes working for a good-looking model.
Undead Minion
Logistical Nightmare Incorporated
Band of Backstabbers
#702 - 2014-04-09 18:44:04 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:
Undead Minion wrote:
Self build would be the only reason I wouldn't buy a model.

Anything with faction paint. Maybe consider doing the same thing as last time... the "standard" versions, and the "faction" versions... hopefully without the huge price difference this time!


This post makes me interested in a tally of how many people want self-built models, in contrast to how many want a pre-assembled model.

I for example would prefer self-build, self-painted models, but I understand not everyone likes working for a good-looking model.


I consider working my job and making the $$$ to buy the models, however many the release, because I WILL buy them all, enough work.

My problem is I have absolutely no artistic or semi-competent building skills. All I would end up with is a pile of mismatched resin painted a terrible shade of brown.
Quackers Duckington
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#703 - 2014-04-10 00:03:17 UTC
DOMINIX!!! \\o o// \o/
Kaylin Drake
Profound Destiny
#704 - 2014-04-10 08:00:02 UTC
Undead Minion wrote:

My problem is I have absolutely no artistic or semi-competent building skills. All I would end up with is a pile of mismatched resin painted a terrible shade of brown.


This is also my situation. I do not have that artistic talent. I hope there are some of each type made to allow everyone some good choices.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#705 - 2014-04-10 22:28:23 UTC
NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR NAGLFAR!!!!

Also,

Vagabond
45thtiger 0109
Living Breathing Fuel Blocks
#706 - 2014-04-10 23:42:34 UTC
Soaran Sikadi wrote:
Tech 3s with swappable subs.


I Agree with the above quote.

Quite a few years ago CCP said in the forum if I remembered why not have Tech 3 version of all the frigs and battleships.

What happen to that plan ?

Also Carriers were mentioned going to be Tech 2 somewhere along the line as well.

It seems that idea was canned as well.

I hope I have open a can of worms. Big smile

**You Have to take the good with the bad and the bad with the good.

Welcome to EvE OnLiNe**

Seraph Essael
Anomalous Existence
Spatial Instability
#707 - 2014-04-11 05:04:23 UTC
Widow please... Thanks

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Darko Atlante
Riemannian Manifold Torus
#708 - 2014-04-11 13:48:11 UTC
Anathema - cloaked, best looking ship in the game. I'm too late for the party.
Blavish
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#709 - 2014-04-11 14:40:05 UTC
This active or just people rambling?

Can we have ships that are like stations with engines please?
sort of like floating cities.
Duncan Ringill
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#710 - 2014-04-11 18:11:47 UTC
Darko Atlante wrote:
Anathema - cloaked, best looking ship in the game...
Cloaked, it's also one of the hardest to see. On the plus side, the manufacturing and shipping costs for such a model would be minimal. Big smile

I have just discovered the Cruor and Ashimmu, and desire them greatly.

http://badwrongfun.org

ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#711 - 2014-04-11 19:47:08 UTC
Nyx

... with a scale model battleship to really appreciate the size of it!


Or...


Hyperion

... with a scale model Incursus as a "sidekick!"
Nijiho
Galactica Industrial Facilities
#712 - 2014-04-11 20:03:01 UTC
I would love T3 type of ships, battleship size. Best of the best would be if you could do modular capital ships.
This time give the modular ships the ability to morph into industrials and transport as well and to specialise into very narrow roles.

Another great feature would be some kind of ultra reinforced ship which can be piloted, is very slow, is modular and which has extra turrets installed on it. They behave like those of a POS, that can only be controlled by other players in the same fleet or from the same corp.

Create ships that have the ability to temporarily create a POS-type shield to protect capitals when they are in trouble and allow recharge.

And last thing... give us ships that allow for massive skins customisation. Give us a paint workshop like the character customisation, we want to be able to make our ship look extremely good. If you do this I will say "CCP is really serious".

Thank you and good luck to us.
Jon Joringer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#713 - 2014-04-12 04:32:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Jon Joringer
Nevermind..
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#714 - 2014-04-12 09:26:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Catherine Laartii
Moa...please god change the model for the moa. It looks like the unholy union of a giraffe and a trash compactor...

EDIT: I stumbled into the wrong thread thinking this was about in-game ship remodeling. It is apparently about the actual collectables?
Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#715 - 2014-04-12 09:27:51 UTC
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Thank you everyone for your feedback!

There are a lot of ships mentioned, looking at the numbers it´s interesting to see how spread out the interest is. Still, a few are at the top, in descending order:

Rifter
Nyx 
Hel 
Megathron
Hyperion
Machariel
Abaddon
Scorpion
Tengu
Thorax

But right after those, ships like Legion, Naglfar, Hurricane, Maller, Merlin, Naga come in strong. We hope to be able to make some announcements at Fanfest, but again, it will take some time to get these in your hands, due to the nature of manufacturing physical products.

We may not start with the Rifter, even if it's at the top. We'll also be looking at what ships lend themselves best to being modelled, what ships have been recently renovated and other factors. The more recently renovated ships exist in more detail in our source model library, and thus are easier to convert into physical models than the older ones.

Still, there is obviously interest in word. Now we must make a few, see how they sell and take it from there!

Why on earth are the moa and bantam not on here? Does caldari get no love at all? Do we want the moa to continue making little space children scream and run away in fear and disgust? It literally makes me nauseous looking at it.
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#716 - 2014-04-12 12:42:31 UTC
Catherine Laartii wrote:
CCP t0rfifrans wrote:
Thank you everyone for your feedback!

There are a lot of ships mentioned, looking at the numbers it´s interesting to see how spread out the interest is. Still, a few are at the top, in descending order:

Rifter
Nyx 
Hel 
Megathron
Hyperion
Machariel
Abaddon
Scorpion
Tengu
Thorax

But right after those, ships like Legion, Naglfar, Hurricane, Maller, Merlin, Naga come in strong. We hope to be able to make some announcements at Fanfest, but again, it will take some time to get these in your hands, due to the nature of manufacturing physical products.

We may not start with the Rifter, even if it's at the top. We'll also be looking at what ships lend themselves best to being modelled, what ships have been recently renovated and other factors. The more recently renovated ships exist in more detail in our source model library, and thus are easier to convert into physical models than the older ones.

Still, there is obviously interest in word. Now we must make a few, see how they sell and take it from there!

Why on earth are the moa and bantam not on here? Does caldari get no love at all? Do we want the moa to continue making little space children scream and run away in fear and disgust? It literally makes me nauseous looking at it.


And so we should make a model of it? Do you want Eve to die? What do you think will happen if people suddenly can see the abomination outside of the game?

A model of the Caracal would be better. And it's Caldari, too!
Aalysia Valkeiper
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#717 - 2014-04-13 04:28:52 UTC
Nijiho wrote:
I would love T3 type of ships, battleship size. Best of the best would be if you could do modular capital ships.
This time give the modular ships the ability to morph into industrials and transport as well and to specialise into very narrow roles.

Another great feature would be some kind of ultra reinforced ship which can be piloted, is very slow, is modular and which has extra turrets installed on it. They behave like those of a POS, that can only be controlled by other players in the same fleet or from the same corp.

Create ships that have the ability to temporarily create a POS-type shield to protect capitals when they are in trouble and allow recharge.

And last thing... give us ships that allow for massive skins customisation. Give us a paint workshop like the character customisation, we want to be able to make our ship look extremely good. If you do this I will say "CCP is really serious".

Thank you and good luck to us.


You misunderstood.

They're talking about making PHYSICAL models of ships already in the game.
Jallukola
#718 - 2014-04-13 11:18:54 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:
Undead Minion wrote:
Self build would be the only reason I wouldn't buy a model.

Anything with faction paint. Maybe consider doing the same thing as last time... the "standard" versions, and the "faction" versions... hopefully without the huge price difference this time!


This post makes me interested in a tally of how many people want self-built models, in contrast to how many want a pre-assembled model.

I for example would prefer self-build, self-painted models, but I understand not everyone likes working for a good-looking model.

I'd personally like to see self-assembly so I get to pimp those models with aesthetic electronics, like striplights, microleds and carving socket for power supply and on/off-switch. Maybe some enhancing features during the process too, like making some miniature weapons onto the models.

All posts and mails screencapped and time stamped, including out of EVE, you will not reverse on me.

Might come in handy!

Masao Itomori
Surrepticius
#719 - 2014-04-13 20:29:09 UTC
Ship: Naga
Painted and detailed w or w/o lighting
Scale: I think all these models and future models should be scaled as in game with frigs starting at a size of
3 - 6 "

PRICE: I'd be willing to pay (canadian currency... too lazy to do converstion)
Frigs - $15 to $50
Cruisers and Battle Cruisers - $50 - $150
Battleships - $100 - $200

anything with interchangable parts (like T3's) - no more then $200-250

*** interchangable weapons would be cool too. or at least have option to pick between
each of the distinquishable types...

example: can tell difference between blaster or railgun
Lolmer
Merciless Reckoning
#720 - 2014-04-14 07:28:49 UTC
Rifter

Painted as seen in Eve, fullly assembled (stand attached separately). Large enough scale that you can see details on Fridays, yet small enough that a battleship can fit on a standard desk (capitals are fine to be too large for a desk ;)).