These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

why are people saying Fraction warfare is broken?

First post
Author
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#41 - 2014-04-10 02:39:07 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:

I also want to add: I need a golf clap or an atta boy, for resisting the urge to make 'Fraction Warfare' jokes Cool

Is this some new sort of divisive tactic to make a small percentage of us partially feel bad for making 1/2 arsed jokes?

Oh yeah - I got 4 into one line and it almost looks like a legit post.

The remainder of my post will be serious.
OH BAM!!!! ANOTHER ONE.

Big smileBig smileBig smile
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#42 - 2014-04-10 05:32:56 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
RavenPaine wrote:

I also want to add: I need a golf clap or an atta boy, for resisting the urge to make 'Fraction Warfare' jokes Cool

Is this some new sort of divisive tactic to make a small percentage of us partially feel bad for making 1/2 arsed jokes?

OH BAM!!!! ANOTHER ONE.

Just: Seriously good post.
I lol'd

You sir, have 100% grip on Fraction wars, proving it is not broken.
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#43 - 2014-04-10 05:35:51 UTC
IbanezLaney wrote:
RavenPaine wrote:

OH BAM!!!! ANOTHER ONE.

Solid gold.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2014-04-10 20:21:13 UTC
Hasan al-Askari Mujahideen wrote:
stop the wc stabs, Well there is a counter to that people have 3 stabs on ship well ill bring 2 warp scrambilers problem soved,

hunting FW WT targets in high-sec i often meet with industrials filled all low-slots by WCs. It's about 6.
sometimes they fit tank in med.
average speed of industrials is 4.5+ AU.

What would you advice to hunt such targets solo?

Hint: it's not always possible to fill your meds by scramblers. 4 med slots is too rare case for many ships. For low-sec we mostly speak of frigates/destroyers/cruisers. Check their fitting options

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#45 - 2014-04-11 01:26:40 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
stop the wc stabs, Well there is a counter to that people have 3 stabs on ship well ill bring 2 warp scrambilers problem soved,

hunting FW WT targets in high-sec i often meet with industrials filled all low-slots by WCs. It's about 6.

Hint: it's not always possible to fill your meds by scramblers. 4 med slots is too rare case for many ships. For low-sec we mostly speak of frigates/destroyers/cruisers. Check their fitting options

Heavy Interdictor. Infinite point.
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#46 - 2014-04-11 02:08:10 UTC
March rabbit wrote:

Industrials with WCS are not an issue.

They are the one type of ship that should be allowed to fit lots of them.

What good would low sec be if people without access to JFs couldn't get their stuff to low sec with some safety?

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#47 - 2014-04-11 02:32:28 UTC
You fit your ships to do a job. If that job is not getting caught you can fit WCS to it stop that from happening.

If you want to catch wcs fitted ships you change your fit.

People really should stop trying to force others to change how they fit ships and concentrate on making their own ships counter their tactics.

That is the Way, the Tao.

Balance is everything.

Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#48 - 2014-04-11 05:26:50 UTC
RavenPaine wrote:
March rabbit wrote:

yup that fits in all the fw plexs.

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Frammasch Durin
Outer Wilds Ventures
#49 - 2014-04-11 11:32:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Frammasch Durin
Flyinghotpocket wrote:
RavenPaine wrote:

Do Industrials fit in all the plexes? Because the Industrials that traverse FW lowsec are not the plex farmers we're talking about here, right?
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#50 - 2014-04-11 23:35:31 UTC
Frammasch Durin wrote:
Flyinghotpocket wrote:
RavenPaine wrote:

Do Industrials fit in all the plexes? Because the Industrials that traverse FW lowsec are not the plex farmers we're talking about here, right?

My original post was in response to another post about Hi-sec industrials.
That might have gotten lost in all the copy/paste/quotes.

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#51 - 2014-04-12 07:00:11 UTC
Here's a few ideas that might bring to light some of the issues that people consider issues that need changing in FW: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=336500&find=unread
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#52 - 2014-04-13 01:38:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Divine Entervention
why should I properly fit my t1 frigate with t1 weapons when you'll just show up witha t2 frigate, t2 weapons, or more people?

How is it suppose to be enjoyable for me to want to try and fight back when the odds are 100% in favor of you winning due to your better equipped ships and more people?

Of course I'm going to fly with stabs, auto-loss isn't fun and the only chance I have at "winning" is to try and not die.
Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#53 - 2014-04-13 01:59:57 UTC
Divine Entervention wrote:
why should I properly fit my t1 frigate with t1 weapons when you'll just show up witha t2 frigate, t2 weapons, or more people?

How is it suppose to be enjoyable for me to want to try and fight back when the odds are 100% in favor of you winning due to your better equipped ships and more people?

Of course I'm going to fly with stabs, auto-loss isn't fun and the only chance I have at "winning" is to try and not die.

You need to get with a good corp mate to help show you how to fight rather than relying on stabs etc.

Get over the fact that you WILL lose ships and start thinking more. You can fit up a simple condor/atron/exec/slasher whatever to kite and hold your target for less than 5-6 mil or a simple mwd brawler to catch and kill those kitey gits for similar amounts.

THINK!

if you think your target is in a paper thin kitey ship. Grab a MWD/scram fitted brawler and have a go. Or go sit in a plex with your own kitey ship and if you get a brawler show up go kill it or hold it until corp mates come and help kill it. If you get a similar ship show up to yours then you just bail if you don't fancy a contest with it.

There very few things 100% guaranteed in EVE. Stop thinking like that or you will become your own worst enemy and will probably end up quitting eve 'cos it sucks'

Balance is everything.

Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#54 - 2014-04-13 02:03:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Divine Entervention
Taoist Dragon wrote:

You need to get with a good corp mate to help show you how to fight rather than relying on stabs etc.

Get over the fact that you WILL lose ships and start thinking more. You can fit up a simple condor/atron/exec/slasher whatever to kite and hold your target for less than 5-6 mil or a simple mwd brawler to catch and kill those kitey gits for similar amounts.

THINK!

if you think your target is in a paper thin kitey ship. Grab a MWD/scram fitted brawler and have a go. Or go sit in a plex with your own kitey ship and if you get a brawler show up go kill it or hold it until corp mates come and help kill it. If you get a similar ship show up to yours then you just bail if you don't fancy a contest with it.

There very few things 100% guaranteed in EVE. Stop thinking like that or you will become your own worst enemy and will probably end up quitting eve 'cos it sucks'

No. You just want me to try a bunch of times so you can get alot of free wins. How about instead of flying t2 frigates with t2 weapons, you fly around in t1 frigates with t1 weapons?

O whats that, you don't want to lose/die, so you equip your ship in a manner to avoid it's happening?

Me too. Stabs FTW
Douglas Nolm
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2014-04-13 06:29:59 UTC

You've been here longer than I have. If you haven't trained up to tech 2 weapons and tech 2 frigs yet your skill plan needs looking at.

Obvious trolls are getting boring.
Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#56 - 2014-04-13 06:56:55 UTC
Douglas Nolm wrote:

You've been here longer than I have. If you haven't trained up to tech 2 weapons and tech 2 frigs yet your skill plan needs looking at.

Obvious trolls are getting boring.

Unless of course I decided to not focus on frigates
Lin Suizei
#57 - 2014-04-13 09:02:57 UTC
No. You just want me to try a bunch of times so you can get alot of free wins. How about instead of flying t2 frigates with t2 weapons, you fly around in t1 frigates with t1 weapons?

O whats that, you don't want to lose/die, so you equip your ship in a manner to avoid it's happening?

Me too. Stabs FTW

A thousand likes to you, brave capsuleer, boldly embracing the spirit of Faction War more than these elite forum warriors ever will.

Lol I can't delete my forum sig.

King Fu Hostile
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#58 - 2014-04-13 09:54:40 UTC
Why broken?

Because it's the only place in EVE where you can make several billions per month absolutely risk-free, semi afk, with only 100K SP and a few million ISK invested, and by doing this you affect the PVP component of FW and also the game experience of others in a very negative way.

Of course, instead of fixing this, CCP decided to buff FW LP stores with the upcoming drone changes.

Taoist Dragon
Okata Syndicate
#59 - 2014-04-13 20:37:04 UTC
Taoist Dragon wrote:

THINK!

Me too. Stabs FTW

My you are whiney little so and so aren't you.

Harden up little man or you get chewed up so quick you won't know what hit you.

And in case you probably wern't wondering I mainly fly T1 frigs with a smattering of T2 and Meta 3 fits and kill all sorts of **** with them. Get over yourself Mr Troll. Twisted

Balance is everything.

Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#60 - 2014-04-13 21:31:28 UTC
King Fu Hostile wrote:
Why broken?

Because it's the only place in EVE where you can make several billions per month absolutely risk-free, semi afk, with only 100K SP and a few million ISK invested, and by doing this you affect the PVP component of FW and also the game experience of others in a very negative way.

Of course, instead of fixing this, CCP decided to buff FW LP stores with the upcoming drone changes.

drone changes? you mean amarr drones will be decent now?

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro