These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

YAyyyyy!!!! Venezuela is Second Place !!! Weee!

Author
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#1 - 2014-04-12 00:05:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Brujo Loco
In Murder Rates in the World , only topped by Honduras ...
Quote:

Honduras retains the world's highest murder rate, according to a United Nations report published on Thursday, with the Americas overtaking Africa as the region with the most peacetime murders per 100,000 people.

Media Report 2

COUNTRIES

Honduras: 90.4 (per 100,000)

Venezuela: 53.7

Belize: 44.7

El Salvador: 41.2

Guatemala: 39.9

Jamaica: 39.3

Swaziland: 33.8

Saint Kitts and Nevis: 33.6

South Africa: 31.0

Colombia: 30.8

MEH X

And people wonder why we emigrate Ugh

At least we are not like Honduras ... for now ...

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#2 - 2014-04-12 01:11:15 UTC
Well, I hope things improve.

What's going on in Honduras that there's a 40 point jump in the #1 position from #2?

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#3 - 2014-04-12 01:53:05 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Well, I hope things improve.

What's going on in Honduras that there's a 40 point jump in the #1 position from #2?

The Snowball Like phenomenon of MS-13 like gang warfare.

If you ever read the story of the origins of MS-13 you will understand how "knowledge" from the US was exported back via deportation to Central America, couple that with countries that have high corruption rates, weak law enforcement and sometimes leftist governments in soil that has endured atrocities and human right abuse for decades , you can more or less see the top of the Pyramid, now add the Silk Road of Drugs trail in the mix and yep, the picture begins to form.

It´s a well known fact Panama tries bloodily to keep current Drug Lords and Trade here stable and keep it as a Neutral grounds of sorts due to a robust banking system in American Dollars and this is somewhat sacrosanct land. But the bulk of the Central American Countries do not have that privilege nor the wealth to move the Men and Weapons in solid loyal cronies and local leaders, thus you get the sad state of affairs in Honduras where EVERYONE wants a piece of the pie.

Venezuela is behind for the simple reason that the past 15 years the standard of living has worsened and crime and corruption rose, but Honduras is a troubled land that, according to some, never had any chance.

Honduras has been plagued by civil strife for a good portion of its modern story, with well documented rebellions and small -medium armed movements (unlike the ones that happened in Nicaragua which were much more savage and bloody) taking a heavy toll during its growth not to mention not so distant wars with their neighbors.

Now add the spill of pro extremist Leftists from Nicaragua that have waged a "silent" war with the Government for decades creating a typhoon of kidnappings and murders as part of local day to day activities, in all of this chaos, now add the greatest irritant in political stability of any country : "Acts of God".

Honduras was practically ravaged in 2008 by super floods, destroying almost half of their communication/transport infrastructure

Honduras is a troubled land, with a very complex story, and I feel for my fellow Hondurans, in the kinship that living in Latinamerica can give to one another when faced with the realities of the world.

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Leevor
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-04-12 05:09:00 UTC
Thought Swaziland said Switzerland for a second
Graygor
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-04-12 05:26:15 UTC
Saint Kitts and Nevis: 33.6

Clearly theyre trying to keep people away from all the stashed cash. Roll

"I think you should buy a new Mayan calendar. Mine has muscle cars on it." - Kenneth O'Hara

"I dont think that can happen, you can see Gray has his invuln field on in his portrait." - Commissar "Cake" Kate

Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#6 - 2014-04-12 05:44:57 UTC
Well gratz!!! ...i guess..
Nice place to be if working as a mortician.
So a lot of it is gang wars? Well... that's not too bad, gangs killing gangs over drugs or whatever. I can think of worse examples than that. Yeah, don't like those gangs at all, grew up in LA, back around-before the big riots.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Catherine Wolfisheim
Perkone
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-04-12 06:44:59 UTC
Quote:
Honduras: 90.4 (per 100,000)
Wow, I am actually surprised by this, what on Earth is going on there?!
Rana Ash
Gradient
Electus Matari
#8 - 2014-04-12 11:57:57 UTC
Why isn't mexico on the list??
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#9 - 2014-04-12 14:05:31 UTC
US Murder and Manslaughter per 100,000

Maryland 34.9

Michigan 54.6

Louisiana 53.2

Missouri 35.5

......and mostly not gang related. Just people...........

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882