These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drone Horde's... what were you thinking?

Author
Sub Prime
Perkone
Caldari State
#121 - 2011-12-01 10:59:45 UTC
seany1212 wrote:

And yet drone horde spawn rates are greater than sanctums O.o

QQ some moar?

I think you'll find that Hubs, Ports and god know how many non drone anomolies are worth more than Hordes now, so how about you QQ some moar?
Headerman
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#122 - 2011-12-01 11:00:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Headerman
Hemmo Paskiainen wrote:
CCP should just start with removing the top 3 high end ores from alloys, morphite, mega and zydrine. Or maybe only Morphite to go on at first.

Technicaly Drones are mechanical sort of terminators. Machines. When destroyed they should drop machine parts and whatever they carry.

These machine parts could be bought with buy ordersby npc station and concord station. Sort of tags. A nice storyline to add with it is that concord uses them to build their new ships with. So u can sell the parts to buy odes. Another part to help this is seeding a small NPC concord space in the drone region. All eve corners have npc stations exept co

^^^ Nice ideas. I like the thought of removing the high end mins from them, concentrate on the low ends and either mine for the high end ores, or get someone else to mine them lol

Australian Fanfest Event https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=90062

Sub Prime
Perkone
Caldari State
#123 - 2011-12-01 11:03:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Sub Prime
Tippia wrote:
Ok.

The Drone Regions have over time become the largest provider of minerals in the game, effectively killing off an entire profession (mining) and rendering the ships related to this profession increasingly pointless. Objectively, this is bad.

It is no secret that they are looking at fixing this problem by drastically altering or completely removing alloys to. They are taking the long view on this and are trying to satisfy its customers by offering a wide variety of activities across a wide variety of space. The current set-up of the drone regions hinders both of those and thus needs to change.

Whether the occupants of the drone regions like such a change is, objectively, almost irrelevant.

There are 2 issues here; Making ISK in Drone regions & Alloy drops from drones.

This thread is all about making ISK in Drone regions. I don't care if pink elephants drop from drones as long as they're worth ISK and are comparable to sanctums in other regions.

I personally agree that minerals should come from mining. I also think that CCP should make changes to mining to minimise a) AFK mining and b) botting. By making the vast majority of all minerals available solely through mining the prices will go up; the risk and attention to game should go up as well.

Mine as much as you want and make loads of ISK, but don't read a book or watch a movie while doing it.
Rakshasa Taisab
Sane Industries Inc.
#124 - 2011-12-01 11:34:09 UTC
Sub Prime wrote:
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Strictly enforce no-botting policy in all of the drone regions, and market forces will fix #1, which in return will fix all the other issues you posted.

That's fine by me - please ensure this applies to all regions though. You'd be a naive little nipper if you thought the problem of botting within Eve is restricted to the drone regions.

Not naive, you're the one who is...

You do realize that if you kill botting in other regions the amount of ISK floating around would diminish, thereby making #1 worse.

Nyan

Hemmo Paskiainen
#125 - 2011-12-01 11:35:59 UTC
Sub Prime wrote:

There are 2 issues here; Making ISK in Drone regions & Alloy drops from drones.

This thread is all about making ISK in Drone regions. I don't care if pink elephants drop from drones as long as they're worth ISK and are comparable to sanctums in other regions.

I personally agree that minerals should come from mining. I also think that CCP should make changes to mining to minimise a) AFK mining and b) botting. By making the vast majority of all minerals available solely through mining the prices will go up; the risk and attention to game should go up as well.

Mine as much as you want and make loads of ISK, but don't read a book or watch a movie while doing it.

Split mining in 2 groups: high sec mining and 0.0 mining. U cant idle much in 0.0 or else u will get toasted by a fast frig.

0.0 mining should be the only provider of #1 ore and maybe in some degree #2&3 ores. With #1 i mean morphite (u have special ship and skills needed for it) and #2&3 megacyte and zydrine.

0.0 Mining is alot more dangerous (need more attention cant idle like in high sec, rat spawns does pop your hulk very very fast (they get in warp rly slow)) so should be paying out alot more than in safe high sec.

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

Sub Prime
Perkone
Caldari State
#126 - 2011-12-01 11:49:06 UTC
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Sub Prime wrote:
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Strictly enforce no-botting policy in all of the drone regions, and market forces will fix #1, which in return will fix all the other issues you posted.

That's fine by me - please ensure this applies to all regions though. You'd be a naive little nipper if you thought the problem of botting within Eve is restricted to the drone regions.

Not naive, you're the one who is...

You do realize that if you kill botting in other regions the amount of ISK floating around would diminish, thereby making #1 worse.

Apologies, I misread your post. Yes it would, but tbh I think botting should be eradicated from everywhere because it's not just a problem in the drone regions.
Sub Prime
Perkone
Caldari State
#127 - 2011-12-01 11:51:22 UTC
Hemmo Paskiainen wrote:

Split mining in 2 groups: high sec mining and 0.0 mining. U cant idle much in 0.0 or else u will get toasted by a fast frig.

0.0 mining should be the only provider of #1 ore and maybe in some degree #2&3 ores. With #1 i mean morphite (u have special ship and skills needed for it) and #2&3 megacyte and zydrine.

0.0 Mining is alot more dangerous (need more attention cant idle like in high sec, rat spawns does pop your hulk very very fast (they get in warp rly slow)) so should be paying out alot more than in safe high sec.

Nullsec mining in grav sites is pretty safe. As long as a ship is around to take out the NPC spawns, there's no need to worry about getting ganked as they'd have to scan you down and warp to you, giving loads of time to leave the site.
Forum Alt Shaishi
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#128 - 2011-12-01 12:24:52 UTC
Since we can all(more or less) agree that minerals from drone's need to go for the sake of mining,
why not add 5 ships to the game, a drone frig, dessy, cruiser, Battlecruiser, battleship and mods for example a drone laser/hybrid/projectile and/or missile launcher.

With the skill needed to fly them be Advanced Spaceship Command? lvl 1 for the frig, and lvl 5 for the Battleship, for example.

Replace current drone loot with Drone components or parts(and cannot be refined), which will be used to build the new ships/mods next to the minerals used to build them, the BPC's(Or a drone data core which will need reverse engineering/invention to make a BPC) will be a semi rare drop from them, with the Frig and Dessy sized one's available in highsec missions and site's, but only as a very rare drop.

And to make the new ships different, why not have it so they cant use rigs or drone's, with only a built in role bonus for some weapons, for example the drone laser/hybrid/projectile and/or missile launcher.

This together with the removal of minerals from drone's should increase the value of minerals, while still having a unique way for the players in the drone regions to make isk without adding more of the stuff into EvE.
ITTigerClawIK
Galactic Rangers
#129 - 2011-12-01 12:43:21 UTC
if drones were to not drop mins at all, they will need some other reason to actually do drone sites/missions at all cosue they are pretty much worthless atm to go after as is.
Crucis Cassiopeiae
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#130 - 2011-12-01 14:29:49 UTC
ITTigerClawIK wrote:
if drones were to not drop mins at all, they will need some other reason to actually do drone sites/missions at all cosue they are pretty much worthless atm to go after as is.

Well... this all is about that.
Remove minerals from drones and give something else to drones that will have value that will not be influenced by mineral value.
That way all ppl are happy, miners and drone region guys.

Vote Issler Dainze for CSM7! http://community.eveonline.com/council/voting/Vote.asp?c=470 

Iosue
Black Sky Hipsters
#131 - 2011-12-01 15:21:11 UTC
CCP should really consider changing drone alloys to bounties, as other NPC's areas do. I live in drone regions but haven't completed one anom because the thought of salvaging, looting, refining and transporting all those alloys in order to get paid is very unattractive. I've spent time in angel 0.0 space and running sanctums there was awesome, you'd get paid immediately and don't have to bother with salvaging and looting a billion wrecks if that not your cup of tea.
bornaa
GRiD.
#132 - 2011-12-01 18:14:56 UTC
Majora Veneris wrote:
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:

trit price is nearly doubled since the drone were implemented.
Or so i heard, read. : source : EVE-radio.

I personally dont mind either way. If drones will get like the other rats, better for raters i guess, no work to get their isk, just kill get blink in wallet and be happy.

Mineral price will go higher " maybe" that means people will activate their exhumer alts, and prices will drop right back.

No "real change" apart making people in drone regions happier.

Demand has went up as well i'd be willing to wager since the drone regions were implemented. if it had been miners providing the minerals, and not the drone regions, prices would be even higher, actually making mining something worthwhile (albiet boring) to do.

TBH, just remove alloys from the drone regions, and give them bounties and random drops like everyone else. would go a long way towards fixing the flooded mineral market. I can't think of one GOOD argument against it.

I support you and your comment!!!
[Yes, I'm an Amateur](http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRa-69uBmIw&feature=relmfu)
Severian Carnifex
#133 - 2011-12-02 10:12:38 UTC
bornaa wrote:
Majora Veneris wrote:
Jaroslav Unwanted wrote:

trit price is nearly doubled since the drone were implemented.
Or so i heard, read. : source : EVE-radio.

I personally dont mind either way. If drones will get like the other rats, better for raters i guess, no work to get their isk, just kill get blink in wallet and be happy.

Mineral price will go higher " maybe" that means people will activate their exhumer alts, and prices will drop right back.

No "real change" apart making people in drone regions happier.

Demand has went up as well i'd be willing to wager since the drone regions were implemented. if it had been miners providing the minerals, and not the drone regions, prices would be even higher, actually making mining something worthwhile (albiet boring) to do.

TBH, just remove alloys from the drone regions, and give them bounties and random drops like everyone else. would go a long way towards fixing the flooded mineral market. I can't think of one GOOD argument against it.

I support you and your comment!!!

+1
Cebit
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#134 - 2011-12-02 11:02:41 UTC
Sezdro wrote:
Everyone keeps complaining about drone alloys, and thus minerals, coming out of the drone regions. Ok, maybe it is causing lower mineral prices for you guys in high-sec, I imagine that's irritating.

BUT, when looking at all of the other 0.0 regions, you see that the drone regions have just been nerfed in terms of potential isk generation in comparison to any other 0.0 region that doesn't have drones. We don't get bounties, item drops worth anything(certainly no faction drops), exploration sites, and the salvage is crap. If you nerf hordes I think we should be compensated some other way.

I't might be time then to look into conquering some of those other profitable regions if now the drone regions will suck Smile

Might shake up 0.0 a bit then, it does seem as it have been a bit quiet lately. I'ts possible might give some smaller alliances a chance to try out that crappy space then.... but then again, wtf do i know about 0.0
Garnoo
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#135 - 2011-12-02 11:32:22 UTC
boring topic - i ended on 3rd post...
in last 3 years drone-region-pilots cried after EVERY PATCH that drones got nerfed... last time when i was in drone space i saw 6-7 drone horde anoms.... (theres only one sanctum in the same security space in other regions)

mayby now with 50% less drops we can compare drones to other rats Cool

PS. go cry somewhere else, almost every topic thats a carebears crying (are ther pvpers cryind about dramiel? mayby 1 topc) Roll

People are going to try to ruin your day. Get together with others, ruin their day back -  EvE

Avila Cracko
#136 - 2011-12-02 19:32:08 UTC
Crucis Cassiopeiae wrote:
ITTigerClawIK wrote:

Well... this all is about that.
Remove minerals from drones and give something else to drones that will have value that will not be influenced by mineral value.
That way all ppl are happy, miners and drone region guys.

I don't see why not to do so if the huge majority of players agree.

truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

Serial Chi
White Knights of Equestria
#137 - 2011-12-02 19:54:30 UTC
should replace minerals with items that you can trade in for LPs from factions. will help reduce the isk faucet.
Crucis Cassiopeiae
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#138 - 2011-12-02 23:17:30 UTC
Serial Chi wrote:
should replace minerals with items that you can trade in for LPs from factions. will help reduce the isk faucet.

Hmmm...
So you suggests that they introduce something that will be sold to factions for their LP???
That's not bad idea at all!
That way it would be universal thing to get every faction LP you want.

Vote Issler Dainze for CSM7! http://community.eveonline.com/council/voting/Vote.asp?c=470 

Aloe Cloveris
The Greater Goon
#139 - 2011-12-02 23:39:36 UTC
I personally think mining is the most awful 'gameplay' you can willingly subject yourself to.

That said, miners really do need a break. Actual live miners, that is. As in, people who are at their keyboard, stoically weathering the crushing boredom as they harvest their minerals.

Yeah, those people could use a break.
Ris Dnalor
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#140 - 2011-12-03 01:17:57 UTC
Skizar wrote:
What in gods name were you thinking when you made it so that it is wave based rather than bunker triggered? You wait mark my words the amount of minerals supplied will drop from and the price shall rise!!!! I think Drone regions supply about 60-70% of the minerals in empire... poor poor idea and to think you were talking about "balancing" the anomalies.

There are two options from here 1. Change it back cause its not even know compared to the faction anomalies or 2. increase the amount dropped buy the drones to compensate the increase time it takes to kill them now and then salvage and loot...

Otherwise liking Crucible!!!

Will

mineral prices will rise. that's a good thing :)

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=118961

EvE = Everybody Vs. Everybody

• Qolde