These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Stories from Fanfest to convince the wife to take a trip to Iceland.

First post
Author
Muestereate
Minions LLC
#21 - 2014-04-10 19:18:24 UTC
Stories are good if your good at telling stories and your wife is the type that like to listen to people. I actually find pictures and images in my brain create desire more often. Here's a nice blog/art market. I've seen a lot of other nice photograghy, I've never seen the lighting this dramatic in fanfest photos, and come to think of it, I haven't seen much except for pictures of hilmar on a stage infront of a screen but show here some of these maybe.

ART WOLFE Iceland Collection
Dalloway Jones
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#22 - 2014-04-10 19:33:02 UTC
Tell your wife that she doesn't have to actually go to the Fanfest event. She can just go do touristy stuff while you nerd out.

If she still doesn't want a trip to Iceland I don't know what to tell you. I'd be happy to go in her place though.
Doireen Kaundur
Doomheim
#23 - 2014-04-10 19:55:11 UTC
Dalloway Jones wrote:
She can just go do touristy stuff while you nerd out.

LOL!! Big smile

_[center]For your Freighter **sized shipping needs, contact _[u]Lord Chanlin[/u].** _ Fast, affordable, reliable service._

https://gate.eveonline.com/Profile/Lord%20Chanlin[/center]

Serene Repose
#24 - 2014-04-10 21:05:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
White Pauder wrote:
just stream it from a bar in keywest while you chug some rum thats what i will be doing. Oh dont forget to bring papers. Or you can goto fanfest I will take your wife to keywest.....does she like to get freaky maybe some vegetables?????
And...let us know how your marriage works out. Iceland instead of....(runs through a list of 100 "other" places...)
Hey honey, how about a nice riding lawnmower for your next birthday? I know you had your eye on that pearl necklace,
but look at the paint job on this John Deere!

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Hevymetal
POT Corp
#25 - 2014-04-10 21:55:52 UTC
Thank you everyone for the stories and good touristy info. She especially enjoyed the photoshow posted. Keep em coming I think she is warming up to the idea :)
GreasyCarl Semah
A Game as Old as Empire
#26 - 2014-04-11 00:52:08 UTC
Serene Repose wrote:
White Pauder wrote:
just stream it from a bar in keywest while you chug some rum thats what i will be doing. Oh dont forget to bring papers. Or you can goto fanfest I will take your wife to keywest.....does she like to get freaky maybe some vegetables?????
And...let us know how your marriage works out. Iceland instead of....(runs through a list of 100 "other" places...)
Hey honey, how about a nice riding lawnmower for your next birthday? I know you had your eye on that pearl necklace,
but look at the paint job on this John Deere!

Just look at her and make a C shape with your hand.

"See this hand? Why is there not a sandwich in it!?"
enterprisePSI
#27 - 2014-04-11 07:31:17 UTC
That joke is always funny until you get married Straight

The tears of the many, outweigh the tears of the few. Or the one. enterprise-psiĀ©

Crompton Aberforth
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-04-11 11:00:18 UTC
Take it from me, she should go.

Put the clock back three years, this was my partner and I....
He: "do you want to go to Iceland/Europe for a week so I can got to Fanfest?"
She: "well I don't play Eve, but I've never been to Iceland"... Play some thinking music... "okay but only if we can spend the next five weeks checking out Europe while we're there!"
He: *facepalm*

We loved it so much we went back last year as well.

The SOE tour in 2011 and 2013 were fabulous days with mostly girls but a couple of guys tagged along, you can see photos on the Eve Fanfest site. The buzz is that everyone had a great day in the super jeeps travelling up creeks and through ice and snow!
Last year we got kicked out of the super jeeps at the top of the glacier and got to walk down to the bottom of the hill (in knee deep snow). Amusingly one chick was in high heel boots. It was fun.

SOE is a must.
There are local buses for getting around.
There is a large shopping centre full of shopping goodness.
There are lots of tours you can sign up for, e.g. Golden Circle gives you a taste.
Blue lagoon on the last day is a MUST.

Do you play EVE like a girl ...because um... you ARE a girl?

Do you know about the WGoE (Women Gamers of EVE) chat channel?

For access information visit the public chat room 'Women Gamers public'.

Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#29 - 2014-04-11 11:12:13 UTC
One sentence: "Who WOULDN'T want to visit a country that has a holiday where you barge into other people's houses and they give you waffles?"

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Previous page12