These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So, Incursion Runners...

Author
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#101 - 2014-04-10 14:49:12 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Goldiiee wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Solanta wrote:
Ms Kat wrote:

Don't worry about Ms kats bottom line, he/she has made 34bil in loot from incursioners over the past 2 months

Shame, you could have made just as much if you actually ran incursions, if not more considering how much time you have spent on this endeavour.
Chances are that it's actually more entertaining than running incursions with a rather low chance of failing.

You are boring people.

Aww feeling hurt, shuffles away.

Big smile Long time no see SP
Oh you remember me! :D
You haven't aged a single day. Pretty as always. :)

I got to skill towards the Tornado.... *cough*

How're you doing, besides bathing in richness? :)

Yeah got rich enough now I do my best to keep the cobwebs out, little of everything, Lost out in the NEO but gave them hell Oops, but mostly no more crying over expensive losses.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Solecist Project
#102 - 2014-04-10 14:52:42 UTC
Fearless M0F0 wrote:
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

If incursions get wrecked (actually when, as the cartels are working on that with the CSM), you can just watch a big drop in subs.

I almost unsubbed when they nerfed incursions a couple years ago, lots of my friends did and they never came back. They unnerfed some of it but too late and I had already lost all interest on Eve.

Before the "great incursion nerf" I was hooked, I was a zombie that logged in every day by habit and ran incursions for hours. The nerf broke the habit and since then I barely login anymore, usually a couple times a month to change skills.

I was planning to go fanfest this year, checked prices and said: "meh, i barely play that game anyways"

To any dev reading this: Any new nerf to high-sec solo PvE including incursions and I'll unsub for good. Evil
I doubt anybody really misses any of you greedy whiners.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Solecist Project
#103 - 2014-04-10 15:01:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Quote:

Yeah got rich enough now I do my best to keep the cobwebs out, little of everything, Lost out in the NEO but gave them hell Oops, but mostly no more crying over expensive losses.
I guess one way to cope with expensive losses is to have enough money not to care about it.

Now you just need an actually entertaining goal where you can invest the money in.

Like... no idea, maybe the Sol solitarily in Solitude kickass fund!

I already found a corp that is stationed there and pissed me off.
They rejected my awesomeness *cough* because I refuse to participate in voicecoms.

I hear people talk all day. The last thing I want is listen to people when I don't have to.

And it's discriminating against deaf people.

Can't have that.

And I bet I can come up with a million more reasons!

Have you ever been in Solitude?

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#104 - 2014-04-10 15:14:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Fearless M0F0 wrote:
To any dev reading this: Any new nerf to high-sec solo PvE including incursions and I'll unsub for good. Evil

Sounds like an excellent example to show that developing PvE is a complete waste of developer time. It doesn't create any valuable customers, after all. Lol

Also, I'm thinking of following in Dindin's footsteps and invent a shadow conspiracy surrounding incursions. Maybe that they're cover for some kind of pederast network or the like, but maybe that's just too exaggerated. On the other hand, there's that old line about if you're going to lie, make it a big lie…
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
Space Brutality
#105 - 2014-04-10 15:19:03 UTC
Ms Kat wrote:
♥♥♥♥♥Like the work Vanditt...... Whoever you are ♥♥♥♥♥

Vandit had to make a show after a mom was popped after issuing a threat that they would be ganked.. And didn't

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Solecist Project
#106 - 2014-04-10 15:25:36 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Fearless M0F0 wrote:

Sounds like an excellent example to show that developing PvE is a complete waste of developer time. It doesn't create any valuable customers, after all. Lol

Also, I'm thinking of following in Dindin's footsteps and invent a shadow conspiracy surrounding incursions. Maybe that they're cover for some kind of pederast network or the like, but maybe that's just too exaggerated. On the other hand, there's that old line about if you're going to lie, make it a big lie…
pederast network.

I think you're seriously crossing the line with this one.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#107 - 2014-04-10 15:29:33 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
pederast network.

Of course. That's the whole point, isn't it? Also, considering what we already know about some prominent members of the EVE community, it's even statistically likely that there are a few in there, just to give it that final glint of plausibility. Blink
Solecist Project
#108 - 2014-04-10 15:49:38 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
pederast network.

Of course. That's the whole point, isn't it? Also, considering what we already know about some prominent members of the EVE community, it's even statistically likely that there are a few in there, just to give it that final glint of plausibility. Blink

It's highly likely that a one digit percentage of members are.

It's moderately likely that in every bigger city, in every apartment block, there is at least one.

It is completely unlikely that there is none even in a small town of only a few hundred.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#109 - 2014-04-10 16:10:12 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

It's moderately likely that in every bigger city, in every apartment block, there is at least one.

It is completely unlikely that there is none even in a small town of only a few hundred.

…and thus a conspiracy is born! P
Solecist Project
#110 - 2014-04-10 16:31:36 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:

…and thus a conspiracy is born! P

Do you ponder what I ponder, pinky?

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#111 - 2014-04-10 16:36:00 UTC
you could have chosen a more innocent example Sad

can we go with model train enthusiasts instead
Solecist Project
#112 - 2014-04-10 16:39:57 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:

These already are a part of the network...

Goldiiee
#113 - 2014-04-10 16:52:38 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:

Do you ponder what I ponder, pinky?

I think so Brain, but the goat ran off with the fishnet stockings.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#114 - 2014-04-10 16:53:40 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:

Are you entirely sure that it's really more innocent? Given some of the train model enthusiasts I've encountered, I have my doubts… Lol
Solecist Project
#115 - 2014-04-10 17:03:17 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Benny Ohu wrote:

Are you entirely sure that it's really more innocent? Given some of the train model enthusiasts I've encountered, I have my doubts… Lol
Did you hear the story of Marilyn Manson and his uncle? .... while they were playing with trains?

E-2C Hawkeye
HOW to PEG SAFETY
#116 - 2014-04-10 17:22:24 UTC  |  Edited by: E-2C Hawkeye
Wesley Otsdarva wrote:
Does anyone go out and gank incursion runners? I have never been in an incursion fleet but I feel like all of those ridiculously pimped out ships all on one grid would be too much to say no too. But I've never really heard of anyone ganking incursion fleets.

So anyone have stories of a good gank? Or a reason as to why nobody does it? I know smartbombing battleships would be expensive but the possible loot would be nice.

Takes effort.....something most gankers are short on. Hence the reason they gank.
Solecist Project
#117 - 2014-04-10 18:10:55 UTC
E-2C Hawkeye wrote:
Wesley Otsdarva wrote:
Does anyone go out and gank incursion runners? I have never been in an incursion fleet but I feel like all of those ridiculously pimped out ships all on one grid would be too much to say no too. But I've never really heard of anyone ganking incursion fleets.

So anyone have stories of a good gank? Or a reason as to why nobody does it? I know smartbombing battleships would be expensive but the possible loot would be nice.

Takes effort.....something most gankers are short on. Hence the reason they gank.

Not fair. :(

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#118 - 2014-04-10 18:17:14 UTC
Just like lions

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Fearless M0F0
Incursion PWNAGE Asc
#119 - 2014-04-10 21:51:17 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
doubt anybody really misses any of you greedy whiners.

Never cared about the isk, in fact i could make the same isk/hr right now running incursion as I did before the great nerf. But the nerf killed blitz fleets and those were awesome fun to run. Twisted
Goldiiee
#120 - 2014-04-10 22:00:54 UTC
Fearless M0F0 wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
doubt anybody really misses any of you greedy whiners.

Never cared about the isk, in fact i could make the same isk/hr right now running incursion as I did before the great nerf. But the nerf killed blitz fleets and those were awesome fun to run. Twisted

+1 Miss the DDD days of quick moving fleets, 90 second contest, get paid or go home not to mention the friends, 12 on coms vs. the anonymity of 40+ on coms. Yeah very good days