These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

So, Incursion Runners...

Author
Ms Kat
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#81 - 2014-04-09 10:59:30 UTC
♥♥♥♥♥Like the work Vanditt...... Whoever you are ♥♥♥♥♥
Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#82 - 2014-04-09 11:05:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Zappity
Tear Jar wrote:
To be honest, I felt safer ratting in null than I did running incursions. In an incursion, 5-10 seconds of lag or inattention could result in my losing over a billion isk. intel channels.

So why wouldn't a flood of suicide Griffins jamming the logi work? You wouldn't kill the whole fleet but you'd probably only need one blingy killed to pay for the suicide fleet a few dozen times.

I'll admit that I haven't got a clue what I'm on about.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#83 - 2014-04-09 12:34:37 UTC
Zappity wrote:
Tear Jar wrote:
To be honest, I felt safer ratting in null than I did running incursions. In an incursion, 5-10 seconds of lag or inattention could result in my losing over a billion isk. intel channels.

So why wouldn't a flood of suicide Griffins jamming the logi work? You wouldn't kill the whole fleet but you'd probably only need one blingy killed to pay for the suicide fleet a few dozen times.

All fleets have Large Shield transporters in the utility high slots of ships that can field them, (So not on Vindicators). So when jamming one logi the fleet will rep the primary till concord gets rid of the jammer, as you go up in difficulty you get 4, 6 or 9 logistics in fleet you also get more Utility reps, and HQ fleet will have up to 20 Utility reps available, in addition to the 40 Logi reps. Jamming anything less than all the logis will probably net you nothing.

Additionaly most well organized fleets have a 'loot scooper' on standby to get the loot back to the owner without any drama, so you will probably not only 'not get the loot' you will lose any fitting leftover from the swarm of griffins as well. But the fun part is the killrights, most Incursion runners have alts and a whole community of friends that enjoy activating KR's on anyone in local that has them, it gives our alts something to do while we sit in a station spinning ships and counting the massive piles of ISK and PLEX we are obviously hoarding.

Incursions have been around for several years now, we have had AWOX'ers, fake FC's, fake Logis, Gank fleets, Preloaded Sites and a host of other 'supposedly' well though out Gank ideas to learn to counter and compensate for. Luckily it has added content, and reduced the ISK earned since most of us are supporting 3 to 12 accounts to counter the attempts to stop or steal the ISK.

It doesn't mean don't try, it just means a simple fleet of jammers has been tried and failed.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Inxentas Ultramar
Ultramar Independent Contracting
#84 - 2014-04-09 13:31:05 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

I have a button that he likes to press

I know its beneath me

For some reason I stopped reading here, and now I cannot stop thinking about Ramona's button. Oops
Tarpedo
Incursionista
#85 - 2014-04-09 13:56:51 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:
Ms Kat tried to steal MTAC's for a week or so around all the incursion fleets while spouting "I've been paid to destroy incursion running". It lasted for that said week and that's about it.

I've seen him/her. It was interesting to see people are wasting that much time for zero to none ISK: during two years I've never heard about anyone stealing loot from popped incursion battleship in headquarters site.
Ms Kat
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2014-04-09 20:31:19 UTC
Tarpedo wrote:

I've seen him/her. It was interesting to see people are wasting that much time for zero to none ISK: during two years I've never heard about anyone stealing loot from popped incursion battleship in headquarters site.

Don't worry about Ms kats bottom line, he/she has made 34bil in loot from incursioners over the past 2 months
Ms Kat
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#87 - 2014-04-09 20:32:37 UTC
Zappity wrote:

In theory yes this would work. Once maybe twice before the logistics start fitting ECCM.
Goldiiee
#88 - 2014-04-09 20:34:13 UTC
Ms Kat wrote:
Tarpedo wrote:

Don't worry about Ms kats bottom line, he/she has made 34bil in loot from incursioners over the past 2 months

Didn't we kill your fail thrasher attempt to scoop loot just the other day?

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Ms Kat
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2014-04-09 21:03:59 UTC
Goldiiee wrote:

Yes you killed a thrasher worth 2mil after I went suspect stealing mothership loot. That lossmail highlighted the fact that PopplerRO runs with officer guns in his vargur, maybe even a full officer fit.

So profits are 34bil - 2mil I think I will live
Carmen Electra
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#90 - 2014-04-09 21:08:47 UTC
Ms Kat wrote:
Goldiiee wrote:

Yes you killed a thrasher worth 2mil after I went suspect stealing mothership loot. That lossmail highlighted the fact that PopplerRO runs with officer guns in his vargur, maybe even a full officer fit.

Are you mad? You seem mad.
Goldiiee
#91 - 2014-04-09 21:52:15 UTC
Ms Kat wrote:
Goldiiee wrote:

So you think officer guns on a Vargur is a juicy target, only 175k EHP (Add heat and quite a bit more), 9 logi's, the knowledge to keep from being a sitting target and I am sure he moved those guns to an ALT for a few months.

Yeah your definitely 'Winning'. See you at the next loot scoop, we had a great time laughing at these attempts.

BTW; You know in the amount of time you spent failing to figure out how to gank, steal and trolling in chats, you could have trained a perfect logi and made 3 times the amount you 'claim' to have scooped.

Loraine Gess
Confedeferate Union of Tax Legalists
#92 - 2014-04-09 22:57:48 UTC
Goldiiee wrote:
Ms Kat wrote:
Goldiiee wrote:

So you think officer guns on a Vargur is a juicy target, only 175k EHP (Add heat and quite a bit more), 9 logi's, the knowledge to keep from being a sitting target and I am sure he moved those guns to an ALT for a few months.

Yeah your definitely 'Winning'. See you at the next loot scoop, we had a great time laughing at these attempts.

BTW; You know in the amount of time you spent failing to figure out how to gank, steal and trolling in chats, you could have trained a perfect logi and made 3 times the amount you 'claim' to have scooped.

All of that is irrelevant in the face of alpha tornadoes. You incursion bears are really whiny for being so allegedly wealthy, I'm guessing that has something to do with the hundreds of hours of grinding you do for... "fun"?
Winchester Steele
#93 - 2014-04-09 23:07:12 UTC
Tarpedo wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Ms Kat wrote:

This advice, I like it. Consider this post bookmarked.

S/he's either trolling or there is a lot of wishful thinking - you'll waste your time. Because 1) pre-loaded TCRC is easier for logi pilots - there is no "sliding aggro" (in normal site there are 4-5 spawns attacking different ships simultaneously, in pre-loaded site logis repair only 1-2 targets), shps are popping in pre-loaded sites but it happens like once in 3-4 days and 2) no way on Earth incursion battleships will go suspect in the site - logis will simply stop repairing them, it's kind of incursion law. Not to mention Sansha will most likely attack you when you'll burn away from fleet to grab MTAC + fleets know about "MTAC competitions" because they did it with each other so if there is neutral ship or rival fleet on grid they'll simply accumulate multiple MTACs before attacking tower and then proceed normally.

I don't know if what you say is true, but you have THE ugliest avatar I have ever laid eyes on so I am, unfortunately, disinclined to believe you.

Solanta
Doomheim
#94 - 2014-04-10 13:13:37 UTC
Ms Kat wrote:

Shame, you could have made just as much if you actually ran incursions, if not more considering how much time you have spent on this endeavour.
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#95 - 2014-04-10 13:58:38 UTC
Goldiiee wrote:
Ms Kat wrote:
Goldiiee wrote:

You think logistics matters if somone has a known officer-fit. That's adorable~~

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Goldiiee
#96 - 2014-04-10 14:17:09 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
Goldiiee wrote:

You think logistics matters if somone has a known officer-fit. That's adorable~~

Yeah your right Logistics never beats Alpha, but I know Pop and he kicked himself for the Killmail and promptly moved the guns to another anonymous ALT.

But primarily I don't worry about Ms Kat, I have hard time believing she can find 20 Nado pilots in EVE that would follow her.

Solecist Project
#97 - 2014-04-10 14:30:39 UTC
Solanta wrote:
Ms Kat wrote:

Shame, you could have made just as much if you actually ran incursions, if not more considering how much time you have spent on this endeavour.
Chances are that it's actually more entertaining than running incursions with a rather low chance of failing.

You are boring people.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Goldiiee
#98 - 2014-04-10 14:33:11 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Solanta wrote:
Ms Kat wrote:

Chances are that it's actually more entertaining than running incursions with a rather low chance of failing.

You are boring people.

Aww feeling hurt, shuffles away.

Big smile Long time no see SP

Solecist Project
#99 - 2014-04-10 14:42:26 UTC
Goldiiee wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Solanta wrote:
Ms Kat wrote:

You are boring people.

Aww feeling hurt, shuffles away.

Big smile Long time no see SP
Oh you remember me! :D
You haven't aged a single day. Pretty as always. :)

I got to skill towards the Tornado.... *cough*

How're you doing, besides bathing in richness? :)

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Fearless M0F0
Incursion PWNAGE Asc
#100 - 2014-04-10 14:42:31 UTC
Dinsdale Pirannha wrote:

If incursions get wrecked (actually when, as the cartels are working on that with the CSM), you can just watch a big drop in subs.

I almost unsubbed when they nerfed incursions a couple years ago, lots of my friends did and they never came back. They unnerfed some of it but too late and I had already lost all interest on Eve.

Before the "great incursion nerf" I was hooked, I was a zombie that logged in every day by habit and ran incursions for hours. The nerf broke the habit and since then I barely login anymore, usually a couple times a month to change skills.

I was planning to go fanfest this year, checked prices and said: "meh, i barely play that game anyways"

To any dev reading this: Any new nerf to high-sec solo PvE including incursions and I'll unsub for good. Evil