These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Issues, Workarounds & Localization

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Overview Settings: Export/Import Problem

Author
Liisa Kyllikki
#1 - 2011-11-28 11:46:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Liisa Kyllikki
Hi!

I want to build customized overview settings that are imported over the "default" settings (when settings cleared/defaulted). But I have couple problems with exporting/importing:

1) First off, when importing it doesn't seem to keep/use some of the values that are stated in XML file.
I want it NOT to use small color tags, NOT to apply to ships only and NOT to hide corp ticker

• useSmallColorTags value= "None"
  • applyOnlyToShips value= "0"
  • hideCorpTicker value= "0"
  • ^^ had to remove the >, <, / because forum doesnt allow "tags"

But when I import the settings it sets them all "true". (it will use small colortags, apply to ships and drones only, and hides corp ticker from ship when in alliance) I have tried all "0", "1", "None", "FALSE", "TRUE", removing the whole line, always resulting the same.

What is wierd is that "hideCorpTicker" isn't selected in default settings (after reset). Then if I export the default settings to file and then import them back again it will set the hideCorpTicker to 1

2) Is there a way to set "Appearance-> Colortag/Background" settings through the XML file?
    Seems that exporting doesn't save any info on the state/color/order etc. of colortags and backgrounds.

All help appreciated, Thanks!
    Liisa Kyllikki
    #2 - 2011-12-01 09:08:52 UTC
    bump, anyone?
    naog34rdo
    State War Academy
    Caldari State
    #3 - 2011-12-20 00:26:53 UTC
    Same.

Import/Export is broken. What's the point if it resets the order of the colortags/backrounds? It even resets blink states. Plus, It unchecks the ship option in the ships tab, and unchecks the move broadcasts to top in the misc. tab.

Great idea, but unfortunately it doesn't work like it should and it'll get you killed and/or concorded Ugh.