These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Accessing level 2 sisters security missions

Author
Mass Doe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-04-09 02:16:24 UTC
Hey all,

I am already able to access l2 dist and mining missions even though I have not done many. However I have done many l1 sisters of eve arc missions and am still not able to access the l2 agents w/n the station. I have completed the only l1 agent in both particular stations. Should I keep repeating the same missions from them over again until I get my standings up higher? One is 2.6 and the other is 1.5 but I still cannot get the l2 security agents there. Do I just continue to fly around to different stations where there are sisters missions and do those l1's until I can access l2 sisters missions somewhere. Does it matter if I bounce around between Amar and Galliente space for these or will that set me back?

Sorry for all the Q's I am still befuddled even after reading other posts on this.

Thanks.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#2 - 2014-04-09 02:40:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Quick and dirty fix is to train Connections, the access to level 2 agents relies upon faction or corp standings as opposed to individual agent standings. Connections lvl 2 or 3 should boost your current faction/ NPC corp standings enough to give you access to level 2 agents.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#3 - 2014-04-09 03:41:13 UTC
Firstly, do what Jonah said.

But the agents you are unable to get missions from may be storyline or arc agents (in which case they will seldom or never have missions for anyone, even someone like me who has a very, very high SoE corporation and faction standing - I think I'm 7.3 to the faction and 9.86 to the corp).

Try looking in the Agent Finder. At your standings you should have access to many L2 agents and soon some L3s.

You will get your standings up faster once you progress to higher mission levels.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Mass Doe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-04-09 04:01:24 UTC
Sounds good. I am trying to stick with the security missions so as to get better at killing things and improve my combat. I may need to do other mission categories. I have heard the sisters storyline arcs are lucrative so i was just trying to work my way up in that direction first. Im pausing mining and industry skills to get combat up so i can be better rounded before moving to null eventually. Im just trying to avoid 25 jumps just to get another security mission set from them. My ship skills are not as ready as i would like to do these in lowsec or null yet. Im afraid i may be jumping around too much. I think i need to stick with one race, faction and/or corp.
Mass Doe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-04-09 04:03:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Mass Doe
I do have some l2 missions available but im bored to tears with distribution, etc. I am looking to get into security missions for the practice, isk and loot. Security l2 's.

Cheers
Sabriz Adoudel
#6 - 2014-04-09 04:50:58 UTC
Have you checked out Simela 4-7?

IIRC that station offers level 1, 2 and 3 security missions for the Sisters, and is a minor trade hub with ~70 billion in goods for trade as well.

Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-04-09 06:56:32 UTC
Mass Doe wrote:
I have heard the sisters storyline arcs are lucrative so i was just trying to work my way up in that direction first.

The Sisters only have one epic arc, and that's the level 1 one which starts in Arnon.
Sabriz Adoudel
#8 - 2014-04-09 07:33:30 UTC
Elena Thiesant wrote:
Mass Doe wrote:
I have heard the sisters storyline arcs are lucrative so i was just trying to work my way up in that direction first.

The Sisters only have one epic arc, and that's the level 1 one which starts in Arnon.

This.

Sisters L4 security missions are quite profitable too, although you will attract the attention of people like me that are always looking to acquire modules found on expensive mission ships.

IIRC Simela 4-7 that I mentioned before has level 1, 2 and 3 agents for the Sisters, and 11j away is Apanake, a level 4 agent for them.

I'm occasionally to be found in Apanake, either running those level 4 missions to regain security status, or probing down other people who are running them and saying an unfriendly hello.

Wulfgar WarHammer
Unrustled
#9 - 2014-04-09 11:59:27 UTC
If you can flag L2 mining/distribution missions, you can flag L2 security missions.

I would suggest going: Peoples & Places > Agent Tab > Agent Finder > change the 'corporation' filter to SoE > 'type' filter - Security > put the slider on level 2

Make sure you sort it by jumps, and you should see all available L2 security agents there.

If you don't, there's a little checkbox for "only show available agents", untick that, and that would mean you need more standing.
Mass Doe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-04-09 13:43:03 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Elena Thiesant wrote:
Mass Doe wrote:

This.

Sisters L4 security missions are quite profitable too, although you will attract the attention of people like me that are always looking to acquire modules found on expensive mission ships.

IIRC Simela 4-7 that I mentioned before has level 1, 2 and 3 agents for the Sisters, and 11j away is Apanake, a level 4 agent for them.

I'm occasionally to be found in Apanake, either running those level 4 missions to regain security status, or probing down other people who are running them and saying an unfriendly hello.

Hey thanks that clears up some points. Its a grind but also good practice for when i grow up more and become rich and powerfulll enough to surprise you one day. Big smile
Mass Doe
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-04-09 13:50:10 UTC
The big challenge for me is expanding situational awareness to looking at local and dscanning enough while running these missions. Especially as they get more difficult. It is one thing when mining and quite another when being shot at.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#12 - 2014-04-09 18:41:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
To clarify, after running ONE level 1 mission for any NPC corp, you can run level 2 missions for that corp if you have trained Connections 3.

If you have faction standing of 1.0, you can run level 2 missions for any corp in the faction.

Sisters of EVE have four level 2 Security agents in hisec:
* Airaken VI - Moon 1 - Sisters of EVE Bureau (0.5), 1 jump from lowsec
* Simela IV - Moon 7 - Sisters of EVE Academy (0.5), 2 jumps from lowsec
* Erindur VII - Moon 2 - Sisters of EVE Academy (0.6), 2 jumps from lowsec, hisec island
* Quier IV - Moon 27 - Sisters of EVE Treasury (0.7), 7 jumps from lowsec

The ones close to lowsec can give you missions in lowsec. You can decline those missions, once per agent every 4 hours.

I think I used the agent in Quier.
Sabriz Adoudel
#13 - 2014-04-09 23:41:33 UTC
Mass Doe wrote:
The big challenge for me is expanding situational awareness to looking at local and dscanning enough while running these missions. Especially as they get more difficult. It is one thing when mining and quite another when being shot at.

If you can afford to lose a cruiser and want some practice doing this, fit out a cruiser with tech 2 modules including a solid active Kinetic/Thermic tank, and head into Sharuveil (0.4 security, fairly close to Dodixie and to Hek) and run Serpentis anomolies (the 'exploration sites' you do not need to scan down) in there.

You'll make some ISK (not very much) but you'll learn a lot about how to keep an eye on D-scan. Sharuveil is quiet, but not empty, and it attracts people who are looking for a fight. Worst case, you lose a 30m cruiser.

Don't enter Sharuveil by the Decon gate, as Decon is a fairly dangerous system, at least during peak times.