These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Corp Standings

First post
Author
General Nusense
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-04-08 20:16:41 UTC
I am lost on this, maybe someone can help.

There are two people in the corp.

I have a faction standing of 4.84 towards Caldari, the other person in my corp is at 4.92. this is the base standings without the connections bonus. However the corp standing is at 4.64.

how can the total standings be lower towards the faction? is this a bug or is there some "maths" involved that I am not understanding.

Tia.

Made a signature so I am taken seriously on the forums, since thats the only thing they are good for.

CompleteFailure
DAWGS Corp.
SL0W CHILDREN AT PLAY
#2 - 2014-04-08 20:34:34 UTC
Are these standings all towards Caldari State, or to a corp within Caldari State? It almost sounds like you're comparing your personal standings for, say, Caldari Navy, to your corp standings for Caldari State.
General Nusense
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-04-08 20:55:56 UTC
CompleteFailure wrote:
Are these standings all towards Caldari State, or to a corp within Caldari State? It almost sounds like you're comparing your personal standings for, say, Caldari Navy, to your corp standings for Caldari State.

No, its to caldari state, our standings towards Caldari Navy are over 5.6.

Made a signature so I am taken seriously on the forums, since thats the only thing they are good for.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#4 - 2014-04-08 21:08:11 UTC
It takes some time after a member joins for the standings to update. Is one a new member?

Mr Epeen Cool
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#5 - 2014-04-08 21:11:22 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
It takes some time after a member joins for the standings to update. Is one a new member?

Mr Epeen Cool

A week, to be specific. It's why things that offer standings as a service, like EACS, don't have their standings wrecked for doing so.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#6 - 2014-04-08 21:24:59 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

A week, to be specific. It's why things that offer standings as a service, like EACS, don't have their standings wrecked for doing so.

Right. I wasn't sure if that was still the case.

So if the two members in the OP were pounding standing then their personal standings would update but the corp standings would lag behind.

Correct?

Mr Epeen Cool
Quazal Atreides
StarTrucks
Prometheus Allegiance
#7 - 2014-04-08 21:25:23 UTC
AFter doing the standings thing for corps for many years i have an insight

and it works like this!..

Its an average, btu not aveage like we have on planet earth, its an average like they hve on planet CCP - This average bit like iceland can be up or down!

But in all straightness, there isnt rhyme or rythym, when ver you want to sort standings best bet is EVERYONE leave who has ANY SORT of standing, even the 0.00 ones.. get out, unless you are compeltly empty of that faction/corp it will screw the averages up

Still the only person to offer corp creation free of charge. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=35634#post35634 Created over 200 was 3rd on the all time corporation job history on eve-board. This service is in stasis due to personal game time...

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#8 - 2014-04-08 21:33:35 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

Right. I wasn't sure if that was still the case.

So if the two members in the OP were pounding standing then their personal standings would update but the corp standings would lag behind.

Correct?

Mr Epeen Cool

I think that once a member's standings are counted in corp standings, the delay shortens to 24 hours, or until downtime, or... something. I'm sure someone with more expertise in the area can be more useful. Anyone?

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Imiarr Timshae
Funny Men In Funny Hats
#9 - 2014-04-08 23:21:09 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:

Seven downtimes, to be very specific Blink
Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2014-04-09 01:48:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Abyss Azizora
1. After a member joins the corp, 7 days must pass till that member's standings are applied to the corp.

2. Corp standings of all (post 7-day) members are updated every day at downtime to reflect any changes during the day any members had.

3. The corp standing towards a corp/faction is all members who have standing towards that corp/faction, averaged. (As another pointed out, CCP uses icelandic math, where all math equations are divided by "apple pie" at the end. This causes the math to make no sense sometimes to the rest of the human race's math.)

4. If a member leaves a corp, his standings are removed from the calculation at downtime.

5. If a member leaves before 7 days have passed, then his standings do not apply on the seventh day.

Think that covers all the questions asked here, if you have any others just ask.
Skurja Volpar
T.R.I.A.D
Ushra'Khan
#11 - 2014-04-09 11:45:26 UTC
Weirdly enough I had a similar problem with a 1 man corp, the character had about 5.2 faction before connections, then after the 7 days, the corp standing was about 4.5 or something.

I just assumed there was a penalty for having one or very few people in corp, more likely, the maths is a little more convoluted than a simple mean average.
Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#12 - 2014-04-09 12:15:45 UTC
Actual standing versus standing-after-skills might be a factor.

The corp standings mechanics also take into account changes in standings whilst a corp member, not just absolutes.

I had a butler alt join my player corp, never interacting with an NPC corp other than using station services (so no rat ship kills, no missions, no even talking to agents, barely left station apart from the odd errand) and even several months and scores of downtimes later his standing weren't included in the corporation "derived from" maths, it just listed the two main pilots.

o/