These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

God i hope this aint gonna be yet another boring terrible expansion!

Author
Sarah McKnobbo
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#121 - 2014-04-08 19:51:35 UTC
I hope it isn't as bad as your spelling and grammar.
Barbara Nichole
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#122 - 2014-04-08 20:37:21 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Please dont just make this yet another tweak and balance expansion, this will be a third in a row! I honestly hope there are big stuff happening because i just cant sub again if there isnt

I was just hoping for not another terrible boring forum post.. but too late...

- remove the cloaked from local; free intel is the real problem, not  "afk" cloaking -

[IMG]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/DawnFrostbringer/consultsig.jpg[/IMG]

Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#123 - 2014-04-08 20:41:09 UTC
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Please dont just make this yet another tweak and balance expansion, this will be a third in a row! I honestly hope there are big stuff happening because i just cant sub again if there isnt

That's all they have.

Devs for most games do ongoing tweaks to their game. CCP has nothing new to offer, so they change a few stats, that should be an ongoing processes, and call it an expansion. It's really kinda sad.

They could fix the suxor sov system, but that would take imagination, or simple adopting one of the many suggestions they have already been presented with.

So the big news is changes to mining barges, lol.

Yeah, mining barges that have previously been rebalanced that most people were happy with.

CCP are just keeping us busy with tweaks whilst they work on other products.

Eve as games go is complete you won't see anything other than small tweaks, balance passes and modules ever again. Meanwhile all our subscriptions are getting spent on metrosexual vampires, dust, Facebook rift and phone apps.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#124 - 2014-04-08 20:43:54 UTC
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
metrosexual vampires

Hey! You have to have these before you have hypersexual werewolves to rip them in half

IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
BlinkBlinkBlink

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Nick Bete
Highsec Haulers Inc.
#125 - 2014-04-08 20:51:58 UTC
Don't hold your breath waiting for new content or innovation. The Jita statue shooters and bittervets killed all that and scared CCP out of their minds after the fiasco surrounding Incarna. All we'll get for the foreseeable future is tweaks and bug fixes thrown together and labeled as something that expands the game.

I don't see why ongoing iteration on older content, bug fixes, balancing and fresh content can't co-exist. I understand there are limited resources but developers smaller than CCP seem to be able to manage this.
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#126 - 2014-04-08 20:54:43 UTC
Nick Bete wrote:
Don't hold your breath waiting for new content or innovation. The Jita statue shooters and bittervets killed all that and scared CCP out of their minds after the fiasco surrounding Incarna. All we'll get for the foreseeable future is tweaks and bug fixes thrown together and labeled as something that expands the game.

I don't see why ongoing iteration on older content, bug fixes, balancing and fresh content can't co-exist. I understand there are limited resources but developers smaller than CCP seem to be able to manage this.

It's because CCP are spread too thin, wod, valkyrie, dust, phone apps and eve.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Erufen Rito
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#127 - 2014-04-08 21:14:01 UTC
I for one, am mostly happy with what CCP has been doing. I hate the sensor overlay being on by default and not having a way to turn it off (inb4 lol it cycles once and remains off), but outside of that I'm fine with most of what has come.

I like not having to spend 120m isk on a BC to have fun at pvp, when a simple 8m frigate will do the job just fine.

I would like more WH content and a bit of eye candy for WH space as a whole, but I'm fine the way I am.

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

Tweek Etimua
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#128 - 2014-04-08 23:29:37 UTC
Just my opinions.

The last expansions have got me thinking, How many people work at CCP? How many did it take to fix the maths(or what ever programers do to re-balance ships)? It's very odd when any development team produces what I perceive as dull content. Now yes as a gamer I'm use to seeing map packs/new mission in new expansions and things like weapons balancing are merely updates. So my natural position is, where's the beef? It would be nice to see something as game changing as I've heard Titans were. Siphons are nice. but there not universe altering, Black hole filling or even earth shattering. Its just...meh.

It would be nice to see CCP implement something new that changes the game in it's entirety.
Jen Takhesis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#129 - 2014-04-08 23:30:28 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:

What would you change and add in the expansion if you were Mr Seeseepee?

It'd be awesome if we could, like, walk around in stations and meet people and stuff like that.
Freakdevil
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#130 - 2014-04-08 23:39:57 UTC
Jen Takhesis wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

What would you change and add in the expansion if you were Mr Seeseepee?

It'd be awesome if we could, like, walk around in stations and meet people and stuff like that.

But we do. Its' called Real Life. Best expansion ever. Well except when you realize you have a loose thread. Not fun.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#131 - 2014-04-08 23:46:13 UTC
Lets just roll back to Apocrypha and go from there.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Dr Techenstein Techsalt
Malakim Zealots
Angel Cartel
#132 - 2014-04-09 05:12:30 UTC
I have just started Eve, I come from dust.

Dust merc- TechMechMeds, logistics

Eve legion ftw

Dust scum think they can dominate legion lol

masternerdguy
Doomheim
#133 - 2014-04-09 05:13:59 UTC
Dr Techenstein Techsalt wrote:

You have ascended to a higher plane of existence my friend.

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Kyperion
#134 - 2014-04-09 05:16:13 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

tweak and balance is fine, but if they're messing with my Sentry Drones, they could at least update the graphics and have cooler pew pew effects!
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#135 - 2014-04-09 05:21:42 UTC

If you go and suicide gank a miner or some other highsec scum I'll give you some newbie starting isk.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Kyperion
#136 - 2014-04-09 05:23:06 UTC
Nick Bete wrote:

Played EVE off and on for a while, and I think quality of life in this game is getting better and better, minus the aforementioned bittervets turned psychotic high security 'content creators'... all of these bug fixes n' tweaks were needed... but some ground breaking stuff is long overdue, as are things like ship painting, which needs to be quickly brought out on a massive scale. And there needs to be more ships added to the game, many more ships... and they need to just add space, Worm-hole space, Null-sec space... need to just start dumping new systems for people to explore.
Kyperion
#137 - 2014-04-09 05:32:55 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

If you go and suicide gank a miner or some other highsec scum I'll give you some newbie starting isk.

If you Awox a goon or all of the bastards, I'll triple whatever that douchebag wants to give you Twisted
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#138 - 2014-04-09 05:34:20 UTC
Oh, look, Kyperion got unbanned. Welcome back.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Kyperion
#139 - 2014-04-09 05:42:08 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

LMAO, you thought I got banned? ... WoW dude, you really are bass ackwards.

Nope, been taking in some beautiful mountain vistas with the in-laws, while wating for a few longer skill ques to complete, branching out from just T2 drones.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#140 - 2014-04-09 05:51:09 UTC
Kyperion wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:

LMAO, you thought I got banned? ... WoW dude, you really are bass ackwards.

Nope, been taking in some beautiful mountain vistas with the in-laws, while wating for a few longer skill ques to complete, branching out from just T2 drones.

Nailed it.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.