These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

For all the old timers, ever think of starting over?

First post
Author
Jazminum Conehead
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#21 - 2014-04-08 05:24:13 UTC
Jazminum Conehead wrote:
I think I'm around 8 years oldish and have never used any other character. It makes me uncomfortable even looking at the 2 sub-1mill SP ones on my account. Sort of... naked.
I can appreciate that different people might like different aspects of Eve, like the superb character creation. Just not me though. Jaz is Jaz and always will be \o/

I wouldn't dream of starting over.

And I still can't fly any cap ship. I'm glad I don't feel I have to rush it, even now. I never want to see, "Game over" pop up in this fantastic place :)
You can tinker with alts but I'm quite sure you won't get the fun you want with them.
Precurseur
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-04-08 11:43:42 UTC
Obunagawe wrote:
Starting over is pointless - just start an alt. Mothball your main if you so choose.

This!
I once sold a toon, then decided I actually liked it and bought it back for twice as much 6 months later Oops
Tran Tuyen
Amadio Family Enterprises
#23 - 2014-04-08 15:34:07 UTC
I can't imagine slogging through WU V, Engineering/Electronics V, Drones V, [Size] [Weapon System] V, [Race] [Shiptype] V, etc. again, so I'm never tempted to dispose of one of my mains. That said it is interesting to roll new alts for specific jobs, especially if those jobs are fun (frigate PVP, suicide ganking).
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-04-08 15:46:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Daniel Plain
eve is a terrible game for starting over. unlike other games, no amount of knowledge or dedication will make you 'level' faster to be able to do what you want to do.

i remember back in my wow days, i researched and bought the perfect gear for leveling a shaman months before the first addon came out with the result that i was the highest level alliance shaman on my server by a huge margin (until i had to drop out of the race around lvl 65 because of uni). this kind of 'power levelling' is both pointless and impossible in eve, so the only 'benefit' you would get from starting a new character is an empty contact list.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Previous page12