These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

God i hope this aint gonna be yet another boring terrible expansion!

Author
Masuka Taredi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#81 - 2014-04-08 10:45:54 UTC
Personally I'm glad they are working on fixes before adding more content. It is great to see bugs getting squashed and meaningful balances rolled out. Whilst all this gets done they can throw ideas about how to make future content meaningful for the playerbase also whilst complimenting what is already in game.
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#82 - 2014-04-08 10:47:06 UTC
Nariya Kentaya wrote:
PrettyMuch Always Right wrote:
OP, imagine you have 2 scoops of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream but there's hairs and dirt in it. Would you prefer the store gives you an extra scoop of Cookies n' Cream, or removes the hairs and dirt?

I'd rather they replace the ice cream for a new one, tossing the old one away. That way I can obtain a fresher, more easily edible form of POS management, I mean Ice Cream. After all, no matter how many hairs and dirt are cleaned out, it was still **** coding, i mean dirty ice cream, to begin with.

this
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#83 - 2014-04-08 10:49:23 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
La Nariz wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

Please stop with that eve growing in numbers BS. Its not and hasnt been for years. Basically its just vets get more accounts to do other stuff, like a super pilot or they are so frigging bored in nullsec they get a fw alt, not new players subbing and staying.

So tell me what happened to all the t2 gangs now? there arent any. its all T1 frigs and cruisers. BS gangs dont exist anymore either.

Truth hurts doesn't it buddy? I'm sure someone will be a long to post the graph of the sub numbers and rub it in your face. The only things you got right was death2allsupercaps and nerf highsec.

E: You are yet another in the encyclopedia of examples why npc alts shouldn't be allowed to post.

E2: V

I am happy to be corrected. Please show me the stats, the graph looks pretty much the same if not less than 5 years ago. Please check my history numb nuts instead of trying that npc alt crap. Its boring.

One of them is literally in the post right below mine hence E2. You are an npc alt which means you are completely worthless and should not be allowed to post, I do not care what explanation you have for this.

Oh dear. I have no words for you. I saw 'dont care' and my view of your opinion just diminished, thanks for your input however
Jovian Engineer
Doomheim
#84 - 2014-04-08 10:50:18 UTC
Biomass legacy code, kthxbai.
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#85 - 2014-04-08 10:52:44 UTC
Balshem Rozenzweig wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Tarpedo wrote:
Perhaps if we stop calling these patches "an expansion" CCP will start to create actual expansion?...

You mean one of those WOW expansions that adds entire new land masses and monsters, new classes & skills

Of course the cost of those land masses is that every single item you own is now useless.
Every single build now needs reworking.
Every single Raid Comp needs a new design.
And doing any of the already existing content becomes useless.

So WOW style expansions actually normally shrink the game, not expand it because they make more & more content obsolete.
EVE tries to keep all content relevant so the addition of a single item which doesn't destroy others is actually a larger expansion than anything WOW or any theme park has ever released because every existing content piece is still relevant.

And bosses still do the same thing only the area/damage/timer changes. WoW is about learning to dodge in proper moment, and pushing buttons in correct order. What makes WoW look like it is actually a game is the fact that people manage to fail on both numerous times in a row. And then they rage because the fight is too hard (imo - not playing is the easiest way to not encounter problems in game).

I'm fairly new player, but I'm content with what they are doing. I also think eve has a niche on the market and will generally attract new people.

They should however improve the tutorials because they do not cover many parts of the game.

Yes you are a fairly new player and you are still learning, seeing many parts of the game. For people that have played for many years, we need new content to keep us interested. Sorry but tweaks or a rebalance the interest factor lasts for the first few days, then its just you flying the same ship you always have.
Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#86 - 2014-04-08 10:53:07 UTC
I've been playing for 18 months, and I'm so boooored.

It's all I can do to log in for 5 minutes, check skill que to confirm that whatever it is I am training for is still going to take weeks, then ship spin for 5 minutes and log off and play Planetside 2 or World of Tanks.

If I do actually quit, then yes I will give my stuff away.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Jovian Engineer
Doomheim
#87 - 2014-04-08 10:57:22 UTC
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
I've been playing for 18 months, and I'm so boooored.

It's all I can do to log in for 5 minutes, check skill que to confirm that whatever it is I am training for is still going to take weeks, then ship spin for 5 minutes and log off and play Planetside 2 or World of Tanks.

If I do actually quit, then yes I will give my stuff away.

Contract it my way pwetty please.
Talia Prime
Imperial Militia
#88 - 2014-04-08 10:57:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Talia Prime
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

Im not here to play goons online. Also i guess a few thousand people that have unsubbed have a different opinion also then eh? i guess your opinion is the only one that matters? That's fine if you dont agree with me.
Yes some of the major feature stuff was unfinished, so we should just stop doing them? Perhaps CCP should just do them properly perhaps?

Yes the balances have help like t1 ships but its also spoilt the game as now things like FW is just frig warfare mainly. Lots of the ships in the middle are not used in gangs like we used to. So its actually had a detrimental effect.

So we will have had almost 2 years of just tweaks and balances and you think that will keep and bring more people to the game? Why dont you stop thinking about what you want, and think about that the game needs?

Talk about hypocritical. TLDR: It's not about what you want, it's about what I want......

Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Improve FW
Overhaul 0.0 - people have been crying out for this for ages
Bring in new content
add more nullsec npc space

So 50% of what you're asking for is tweaks and rebalancing? O_o
Ms Kat
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2014-04-08 11:03:42 UTC
I hear its going to be industry based this "expansion"
King Fu Hostile
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#90 - 2014-04-08 11:23:19 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

Well if thats your opinion then fine. But 3 expansions in a row of it and nothing decent otherwise is not good. and im sorry but when you played for many years, just tweaks doesnt really make the game feel any different or better.

You have only played for 4 months. Maybe you could consider leaving the starter corp and tutorial missions and try playing the game instead?
Elmonky
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2014-04-08 11:28:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Elmonky
Been playing on and off for a good six (?) years with some good gaps in between subs. Being away from the game and playing other MMO (Rift, GW2, WoW, EQ2 etc etc) and then re-subbing each time feels like a new game.... I still don't feel like i've begun to touch on all aspects of the game (Still not done an incursion, FW or even lo sec ops and i still haven't sampled PI).

However I recently took a foray into the world of industry. Hardly anything has changed in all that time. Hi Sec Industry admittedly, but the interface feels exactly the same.

Just some examples

Orders on the Market give wallet blinks when bought - but still show in the orders screen
Selecting a Blueprint AND finding a free installation feels like an absolute ballache
Required Minerals and Extra Minerals isn't clear enough - showing as one total for both columns.

I can only think of one other company that went back and repaired some of the messy expansions they released (SOE with PS2 and EQ).

I am glad that CCP listen to the important things , and not necessarily nerf things because the EZmoders QQ'd too hard. Although i have heard this happened on a few occasions.
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#92 - 2014-04-08 11:46:48 UTC
King Fu Hostile wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

Well if thats your opinion then fine. But 3 expansions in a row of it and nothing decent otherwise is not good. and im sorry but when you played for many years, just tweaks doesnt really make the game feel any different or better.

You have only played for 4 months. Maybe you could consider leaving the starter corp and tutorial missions and try playing the game instead?

lol, perhaps look at the employment history first before posting a comment that clearly is incorrect and makes you look stupid
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#93 - 2014-04-08 11:49:05 UTC
Talia Prime wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

Im not here to play goons online. Also i guess a few thousand people that have unsubbed have a different opinion also then eh? i guess your opinion is the only one that matters? That's fine if you dont agree with me.
Yes some of the major feature stuff was unfinished, so we should just stop doing them? Perhaps CCP should just do them properly perhaps?

Yes the balances have help like t1 ships but its also spoilt the game as now things like FW is just frig warfare mainly. Lots of the ships in the middle are not used in gangs like we used to. So its actually had a detrimental effect.

So we will have had almost 2 years of just tweaks and balances and you think that will keep and bring more people to the game? Why dont you stop thinking about what you want, and think about that the game needs?

Talk about hypocritical. TLDR: It's not about what you want, it's about what I want......

Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Improve FW
Overhaul 0.0 - people have been crying out for this for ages
Bring in new content
add more nullsec npc space

So 50% of what you're asking for is tweaks and rebalancing? O_o

Yes 50% and the other is new content, so your point is? My point is that the expansions ae pretty much all tweaks. Im all for 50% tweaks 50% new content..

So.....you point is?
Oxide Ammar
#94 - 2014-04-08 12:01:14 UTC
They fix POS code then we can discuss new content after.

Lady Areola Fappington:  Solo PVP isn't dead!  You just need to make sure you have your booster, remote rep, cyno, and emergency Falcon alts logged in and ready before you do any solo PVPing.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#95 - 2014-04-08 12:04:56 UTC
Oxide Ammar wrote:

Dont forget sov.
Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#96 - 2014-04-08 12:06:12 UTC
Quote:
Im all for 50% tweaks 50% new content..

Define what do you mean by new content.

Rubicon: ghost sites, paint jobs, mobile structures, sisters ships, ISIS -> new content.
Warp changes, ships rebalancing -> tweaks.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#97 - 2014-04-08 12:07:36 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Oxide Ammar wrote:

Dont forget sov.

And drones.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#98 - 2014-04-08 12:12:14 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Oxide Ammar wrote:

Dont forget sov.

And drones.

I'm itching to try these new changes.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#99 - 2014-04-08 12:12:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaarous Aldurald
baltec1 wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Oxide Ammar wrote:

Dont forget sov.

And drones.

I'm itching to try these new changes.

Likewise, but I hardly think the job's done just yet.

[Edit: There's still the hideous UI, for starters.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Slade Trillgon
Brutor Force Federated
#100 - 2014-04-08 12:16:19 UTC

When broken things are fixed it is like they are better than new; right?