These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

God i hope this aint gonna be yet another boring terrible expansion!

Author
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-04-07 18:11:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr R4nd0m
Please dont just make this yet another tweak and balance expansion, this will be a third in a row! I honestly hope there are big stuff happening because i just cant sub again if there isnt
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#2 - 2014-04-07 18:13:08 UTC
Mmmkay.

Is your stuff spoken for? Because if not.... Dibs.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#3 - 2014-04-07 18:15:50 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
I honestly hope there are big stuff happening because i just cant sub again if there isnt

CCP Says;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inePC0E_atg

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Teyr Schmitt
An Errant Venture
#4 - 2014-04-07 18:16:00 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Please dont just make this yet another tweak and balance expansion, this will be a third in a row! I honestly hope there are big stuff happening because i just cant sub again if there isnt

It's a tweak and balance expansion, but the changes are HUGE!

Oh, wait, you're not an Industrialist?

You're screwed.

:P

You realize that it's because all CCP ever did was the big content expansions that were never revisited that their playerbase forced them to do all these tweak and balance expansions, right?
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#5 - 2014-04-07 18:16:31 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Please dont jsut make this yet another tweak and balance expansation, this will be a third in a row! I honestly hope there are big stuff happening because i just cant sub again if there isnt

I am willing to accept a one time transferring of now unneeded valuables that you may wish to be rid of.

CCp damn near died trying to give people "Jesus Features" that they would then go on to forget about (sure, CCPs gonna get around to finishing COSMOS one of these days, i just know it).

What we as a community told them is "fix the game, screw the big stuff" and that's what they've been doing. The game is soooo much better than it was in 2009 because of it. CCP should keep doing that. Oh how easily people forget the past.
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-04-07 18:20:40 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Please dont jsut make this yet another tweak and balance expansation, this will be a third in a row! I honestly hope there are big stuff happening because i just cant sub again if there isnt

I am willing to accept a one time transferring of now unneeded valuables that you may wish to be rid of.

CCp damn near died trying to give people "Jesus Features" that they would then go on to forget about (sure, CCPs gonna get around to finishing COSMOS one of these days, i just know it).

What we as a community told them is "fix the game, screw the big stuff" and that's what they've been doing. The game is soooo much better than it was in 2009 because of it. CCP should keep doing that. Oh how easily people forget the past.

Well if thats your opinion then fine. But 3 expansions in a row of it and nothing decent otherwise is not good. and im sorry but when you played for many years, just tweaks doesnt really make the game feel any different or better.
Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#7 - 2014-04-07 18:23:08 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

Well if thats your opinion then fine. But 3 expansions in a row of it and nothing decent otherwise is not good. and im sorry but when you played for many years, just tweaks doesnt really make the game feel any different or better.

But... I dont want it to be different.

What would you change and add in the expansion if you were Mr Seeseepee?

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#8 - 2014-04-07 18:26:43 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

But... I dont want it to be different.

What would you change and add in the expansion if you were Mr Seeseepee?

Improve FW
Overhaul 0.0 - people have been crying out for this for ages
Bring in new content
add more nullsec npc space
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#9 - 2014-04-07 18:28:04 UTC
eve needs balances and overhauls/reworks of current features far more than it needs a new race, land or power set, but it seems people don't think an expansion is 'big enough' without pandas in it?
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#10 - 2014-04-07 18:29:50 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

I've been playing since June 2007 (Revelations II) and the last 3 expansions have added more enjoyment to the game than I ever had before.. Hell, having cheap t1 cruisers for pvp and t1 battleships for pve that don't suck magical ass is by itself worth the price of admission.

I was around when CCP added big features (faction warfare, Wormholes/T3, Incursions, Marauders, Black Ops) and I remember how unfinished it all was, on top of the laundry list of things that needed fixing that didn't get fixed because CCP was to busy doing 'big things'.

EVE is much better now. If you're bored of it that's a personal issue, not something that CCP needs to fix.
Sarmatiko
#11 - 2014-04-07 18:31:42 UTC
Don't worry, CCP saved some interesting new stuff for summer (probably related to world news somehow ) Blink
Teyr Schmitt
An Errant Venture
#12 - 2014-04-07 18:33:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Teyr Schmitt
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

I've been playing since June 2007 (Revelations II) and the last 3 expansions have added more enjoyment to the game than I ever had before.. Hell, having cheap t1 cruisers for pvp and t1 battleships for pve that don't suck magical ass is by itself worth the price of admission.

I was around when CCP added big features (faction warfare, Wormholes/T3, Incursions, Marauders, Black Ops) and I remember how unfinished it all was, on top of the laundry list of things that needed fixing that didn't get fixed because CCP was to busy doing 'big things'.

EVE is much better now. If you're bored of it that's a personal issue, not something that CCP needs to fix.

To be fair, though, Wormholes were a damn good feature on launch. Arguably the most polished/have held up the best since their introduction feature in the game that I can remember in recent history.

Well, except for Incarna, obviously.

Nobody can deny that that was EVE's most successful expansion ever.

Quote:
eve needs balances and overhauls/reworks of current features far more than it needs a new race, land or power set, but it seems people don't think an expansion is 'big enough' without pandas in it?

I disagree.

We need the fifth playable race that CCP announced last April.

New Eden will FINALLY have Aliens!
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2014-04-07 18:34:33 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

The ship rebalances have provided more content than most of the other "big expansions" put together. We collectively flipped our **** to get these fixes and are very thankful for them.
Tyrendian Biohazard
The Bastards
Sedition.
#14 - 2014-04-07 18:34:44 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

Improve FW
Overhaul 0.0 - people have been crying out for this for ages
Bring in new content
add more nullsec npc space

Calling CCP PullFeaturesOutOfMyButt

Most of these have been in discussion with the CSM per the minutes. Take a break, come back in 12-18 months and maybe you'll be happy. Otherwise it sounds like you are going to be quite depressed for the foreseeable future.

Twitch streamer and EVE NT tournament broadcaster.

Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#15 - 2014-04-07 18:35:22 UTC
Teyr Schmitt wrote:

i can honestly say that incarna holds as much interesting gameplay, mechanical depth and longterm interest as when it was first released
Jallukola
#16 - 2014-04-07 18:35:36 UTC
I prefer giving CCP well enough time, even further too if needed, to overhaul the legacy code or whatever it was called, to carry the game over to multicore operation. Mere support for it is coming to the end of its lifespan, and I have a mysterious feeling of dark forces that is not such a good thing.

All posts and mails screencapped and time stamped, including out of EVE, you will not reverse on me.

Might come in handy!

Teyr Schmitt
An Errant Venture
#17 - 2014-04-07 18:36:33 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Teyr Schmitt wrote:

i can honestly say that incarna holds as much interesting gameplay, mechanical depth and longterm interest as when it was first released

Agreed. The ability to watch MLP on a big screen in-game while EVEing is awesome.
Mr R4nd0m
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-04-07 18:40:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr R4nd0m
baltec1 wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

The ship rebalances have provided more content than most of the other "big expansions" put together. We collectively flipped our **** to get these fixes and are very thankful for them.

Im not here to play goons online. Also i guess a few thousand people that have unsubbed have a different opinion also then eh? i guess your opinion is the only one that matters? That's fine if you dont agree with me.
Yes some of the major feature stuff was unfinished, so we should just stop doing them? Perhaps CCP should just do them properly perhaps?

Yes the balances have help like t1 ships but its also spoilt the game as now things like FW is just frig warfare mainly. Lots of the ships in the middle are not used in gangs like we used to. So its actually had a detrimental effect.

So we will have had almost 2 years of just tweaks and balances and you think that will keep and bring more people to the game? Why dont you stop thinking about what you want, and think about that the game needs?
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#19 - 2014-04-07 18:50:29 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

Im not here to play goons online. Also i guess a few thousand people that have unsubbed have a different opinion also then eh? i guess your opinion is the only one that matters? That's fine if you dont agree with me.
Yes some of the major feature stuff was unfinished, so we should just stop doing them? Perhaps CCP should just do them properly perhaps?

PLEASE! Don't talk logic on EvE GD forum!

It's KNOWN that developers can EXCLUSIVELY produce EITHER tiny, well made patches OR terrible, unfinished, unplayable expansions.

NO WAY anyone in the industry ever managed to create an expansion that is actually good and finished Blink

Don't dare to go against the groupthink, else you'll get angry bees on your ass!

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#20 - 2014-04-07 18:50:44 UTC
Mr R4nd0m wrote:

Yes the balances have help like t1 ships but its also spoilt the game as now things like FW is just frig warfare mainly. Lots of the ships in the middle are not used in gangs like we used to. So its actually had a detrimental effect.

This game took its first and only hit to numbers when they gave us big new unfinished features. It wasn't goons that rioted, it was everyone. EVE is now growing in subs again after CCP changed their path and focused on fixing stuff.

I now see ships being used that never saw the light of day before. We used to use the same handful of ships all the time until they were either nerfed or something else was buffed to the point of being overpowered. Now I can pick damn near any ship and have success with it.

Not even the sub numbers agree with you.
123Next pageLast page