These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

CSM 9 Elections, How and When to vote

First post
Author
Saint Michaels Soul
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#1 - 2014-04-07 08:51:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Saint Michaels Soul
Can someone from CCP please put up an article on how and when to vote for the forthcoming CMS 9 elections on the official site?

If it already exists, apologies for this post - please can it be promoted properly and linked up on all the CSM related threads (Eg. candidate threads on Jita Park).

There's a lot of great work being put in by the candidates and the support from CCP seems to be getting better each year but "How" and "When" are the two most important topics and they are woefully covered.

When: 8th to 22nd of April ...

How: ???

Thanks,

St. Mick
handige harrie
Vereenigde Handels Compagnie
#2 - 2014-04-07 09:55:05 UTC  |  Edited by: handige harrie
Looking at the Launcher, you should be able to vote somewhere right about now, but I haven't found out where yet.

Which is some really, really bad website design. If you are going to make an election, you usually make sure people know the date and location.

http://web.ccpgamescdn.com/newssystem/media/65968/1/launcherAd2.jpg

Baddest poster ever

Teochoilae
Red Circle of Death
#3 - 2014-04-07 10:18:48 UTC
handige harrie wrote:
Looking at the Launcher, you should be able to vote somewhere right about now, but I haven't found out where yet.

Which is some really, really bad website design. If you are going to make an election, you usually make sure people know the date and location.

Elections begin on April 8th
Jaun Pacht-Feng
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-04-07 10:26:45 UTC
Teochoilae wrote:
handige harrie wrote:

I'm impressed a Goon knows when the election is?

They usually get a "Click on this link and click ok, you guys are too stupid to think for yourselves."

Mittens should be afraid that his mindless drones are thinking for themselves!

"Go Goon or Go Home"

Perfect description of the biggest problem with Eve. 

KuroVolt
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-04-07 10:30:01 UTC
Jaun Pacht-Feng wrote:
Teochoilae wrote:
handige harrie wrote:

I'm impressed a Goon knows when the election is?

They usually get a "Click on this link and click ok, you guys are too stupid to think for yourselves."

Mittens should be afraid that his mindless drones are thinking for themselves!

Damn, that was bitter.

I mean, Im not even part of the CFC, but that sounded really bitter!

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Saint Michaels Soul
Stay Frosty.
A Band Apart.
#6 - 2014-04-07 10:44:02 UTC
Evenews24 has a good article on the "how it works" side of things.

http://evenews24.com/2014/04/06/how-we-vote/

It still doesn't tell us how to submit your votes, formats etc.

Karen Avioras
The Raging Raccoons
#7 - 2014-04-07 11:05:22 UTC
ccp man come to house with paper and ask you who
Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-04-07 11:06:24 UTC
[url]http://www.minerbumping.com/2014/04/minerbumping-endorses-psychotic-monk.html[/url]
Is this what you were looking for?

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#9 - 2014-04-07 11:22:08 UTC
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Cheng Musana
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2014-04-07 12:05:47 UTC
Not voting cause people with multiple accounts get to vote more then once. Which means basically to every player who only owns one account:

-i pay twice as much as you do so my voice is 2 times more worth.
Leto Thule
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-04-07 13:15:11 UTC
Cheng Musana wrote:
Not voting cause people with multiple accounts get to vote more then once. Which means basically to every player who only owns one account:

I dont see how that is unfair....

Thunderdome ringmaster, Community Leader and Lord Inquisitor to the Court of Crime and Punishment

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#12 - 2014-04-07 13:17:27 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

Which is why Winston Churchill said that democracy was the worst possible system apart from all the others.

Money at its root is a form of rationing. When the richest 85 people have as much wealth as the poorest 3.5 billion (50% of humanity) it is clear where the source of poverty is. http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jan/20/trickle-down-economics-broken-promise-richest-85

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#13 - 2014-04-07 13:20:20 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Which is why Winston Churchill said that democracy was the worst possible system apart from all the others.

Yeah but he got the HMS Hood killed at Jutland, so Im not exactly trusting his strategic judgement.

That said, he did stand up for Poland when the US left them to swing in the breeze so...

Anyway I digress.

The only systems Id vote for are a benevolent dictatorship; a meritocracy; or the removal of humans from the decision making process (Technocracy?)

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Silvetica Dian
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2014-04-07 14:34:06 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Silvetica Dian wrote:
Ramona McCandless wrote:

Yeah but he got the HMS Hood killed at Jutland, so Im not exactly trusting his strategic judgement.

That said, he did stand up for Poland when the US left them to swing in the breeze so...

Anyway I digress.

The only systems Id vote for are a benevolent dictatorship; a meritocracy; or the removal of humans from the decision making process (Technocracy?)

In his favour he did tell the australians that defending Australia was too hard and in any case pointless and no troops should be left to guard it.
I suggest Cuba or Singapore for the benevolent dictatorships.
Otherwise could i point you in the direction of anarchy? Giving people power so seldom seems to work out well that it seems sensible to abolish positions of power totally.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#15 - 2014-04-07 14:38:12 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:

In his favour he did tell the australians that defending Australia was too hard and in any case pointless and no troops should be left to guard it.
I suggest Cuba or Singapore for the benevolent dictatorships.
Otherwise could i point you in the direction of anarchy? Giving people power so seldom seems to work out well that it seems sensible to abolish positions of power totally.

Oh Im not villifying Churchy. But I know better than to trust a Tory lol even a well-meaning one

Cuba and Singapore are pretty awesome.

I cannot imagine how an Anarchy could function at all tbh.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#16 - 2014-04-07 15:03:07 UTC
Cheng Musana wrote:

That's thick, vote.
Tesco Ergo Sum
#17 - 2014-04-07 18:29:47 UTC
Karen Avioras wrote:
ccp man come to house with paper and ask you who

Don't answer that door if they say "CCP, open up..."

It's really the men in white coats!
Tesco Ergo Sum
#18 - 2014-04-07 18:32:17 UTC
Silvetica Dian wrote:
[url]http://www.minerbumping.com/2014/04/minerbumping-endorses-psychotic-monk.html[/url]
Is this what you were looking for?

I heard they were endorsing Riverini...
Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#19 - 2014-04-07 18:45:42 UTC
Saint Michaels Soul wrote:
Can someone from CCP please put up an article on how and when to vote for the forthcoming CMS 9 elections on the official site?

If it already exists, apologies for this post - please can it be promoted properly and linked up on all the CSM related threads (Eg. candidate threads on Jita Park).

There's a lot of great work being put in by the candidates and the support from CCP seems to be getting better each year but "How" and "When" are the two most important topics and they are woefully covered.

When: 8th to 22nd of April ...

How: ???

Thanks,

St. Mick

It just links to the CSM page. What it is, not anything about the election

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

Antisocial Malkavian
Antisocial Malkavians
#20 - 2014-04-07 18:47:14 UTC
Cheng Musana wrote:

Which means basically, every EVE player. Your point?

And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit.

123Next page