These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

More bookmarks please

Author
Lumpymayo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-04-05 00:42:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Lumpymayo
CCP, I beg you, please raise the number of corporate bookmarks. I searched for similar threads on this topic and just about everyone agrees the number needs to be raised from 250.

If anyone agrees please respond.

-edit ^
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#2 - 2014-04-05 00:46:23 UTC
Lumpymayo wrote:

Please respond if you agree.

If CCP agreed, they wouldn't need to respond. They'd have already raised the limit.

Mr Epeen Cool
Daxtt Virpio
Greed is Good Inc.
#3 - 2014-04-05 02:41:03 UTC
Agreed.

We do need more bookmarks, as the number of bookmarks does not accord with the size of the area of space we patrol and operate in.

Please, CCP?
Goa Chai
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-04-05 03:40:06 UTC
Sub folders would be nice too, for bookmarks and agents.
Yarda Black
The Black Redemption
#5 - 2014-04-05 10:00:18 UTC
Lumpymayo wrote:
CCP, I beg you, please raise the number of corporate bookmarks. I searched for similar threads on this topic and just about everyone agrees the number needs to be raised from 250.

-edit ^

Fail

Not just about everyone agrees.

I responded while I disagree. Then again, you started a double/triple thread without properly reading the others ones.

Ramona McCandless
Silent Vale
LinkNet
#6 - 2014-04-05 10:22:27 UTC
Lumpymayo wrote:
CCP, I beg you

I agree

You are begging

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#7 - 2014-04-05 11:41:01 UTC
I could go for this.
WASPY69
Xerum.
#8 - 2014-04-05 13:29:33 UTC
+1 to anything that increases the limits on server side data that get's stored. Hate it when you try to make a bookmark of significant importance only to find out you reached the limit. Same goes with ship fittings.

This signature intentionally left blank

Malcolm Shinhwa
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-04-05 14:26:13 UTC
Brave Newbies get hull rep drones and an increase in max corp size. Can someone get BNI to start calling for more bookmarks please?

[i]"The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense. The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental[/i]."

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-04-05 15:01:21 UTC
Malcolm Shinhwa wrote:
Brave Newbies get hull rep drones and an increase in max corp size. Can someone get BNI to start calling for more bookmarks please?

Well the need to bookmark undocks and deep space warpouts does seem to be rising astrometrically with recent BNI activities..

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2014-04-05 19:56:42 UTC
More bookmarks and subfolders. This needs to happen.

+1

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#12 - 2014-04-05 20:09:54 UTC  |  Edited by: JC Anderson
FYI, quite some time ago people were actually using massive amount of bookmarks as an exploit.

Before warp to 0, the closest warp range you could get to a gate was at 15km. People got around this by creating bookmarks 15km behind the gate so that they could land directly on it. It was called Insta's.

The problem was you ended up with it being fairly normal to have thousands of bookmarks for every corner of New Eden. In fact, quite a few of us made some serious ISK selling bookmark sets (Made billions from it myself) on escrow/contracts.

In any sense, it didn't take people long to find ways to exploit it. They would copy thousands of bookmarks into can's for example, and as soon as somebody came along and looked in that can, they would freeze up for 5-10 minutes due to how many bookmarks were placed in that container. Then people would warp in and kill them.

And that wasn't the only exploit related to them.

Even aside from the exploit, CCP determined that these bookmarks became popular enough that it was rare to find somebody that didn't have thousands of them. So much, that it actually began causing server instability.

So, they patched it so that the days of the massive libraries of Insta bookmarks and exploits were at an end. They added warp to 0 in the same patch to compensate and to stop hordes of players from crying over it.

I'm trying to remember what year it was when this happened. I seem to remember it being in same patch that they added the Drake as well as the other races tier 2 battlecruisers. (Used to be only 1 BC per race before that)
Siigari Kitawa
New Eden Archery Club
#13 - 2014-04-05 23:02:08 UTC
Whoa, what? Is there actually a bookmark limit?

I have thousands of bookmarks...

Need stuff moved? Push Industries will handle it. Serving highsec, lowsec and nullsec - and we do it faster and more reliably than anyone else. Ingame channel: PUSHX

JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#14 - 2014-04-06 01:50:40 UTC  |  Edited by: JC Anderson
Siigari Kitawa wrote:
Whoa, what? Is there actually a bookmark limit?

I have thousands of bookmarks...

User bookmarks are limited to 13k.

You can if I remember correctly still have more than that, but you simply cannot make any more of your own.

I think corp bookmarks might have a lower limit though.. Not sure.
JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#15 - 2014-04-06 01:56:07 UTC
Ahh found it. Was revelations where they added warp to zero and made out insta bookmarks obsolete. ;)

Revelations

Released: November 2006
Official Site: http://www.eveonline.com/features/Revelations
Code Name: Kali 1

Warp to Zero was added in this patch, finally making the existing Insta bookmarks obsolete. Previously to this patch, the closest you could warp to a stargate or station was 15km, meaning either the space would need to be made up by slowboating, or alternatively by placing a bookmark 15km beyond your destination then warping to that. This of course meant that different bookmarks were needed depending on the duration you came from, meaning hundreds of bookmarks per region. Bookmark sets were traded between players, and it was not uncommon for each player to have thousands of bookmarks, which were found to significantly slow down the system, so they had to go.