These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Guristas Jamming and How To Handle It

Author
Kaishou Kurosawa
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-04-05 02:02:26 UTC
OK, I'm a newb. I'm not even out of my trial yet.

What's the secret to dealing with jamming, other than just moving to a different asteroid belt?
J'Poll
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-04-05 02:06:04 UTC
Kaishou Kurosawa wrote:

What's the secret to dealing with jamming, other than just moving to a different asteroid belt?

If you are mining...

Scout drones on aggressive, they should target, engage and kill the rats.

Also, ECCM helps by increasing your sensor strength and thus makes you harder to jam, but this comes with a price in the form that you will have to fit less tank on your miner.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Kaishou Kurosawa
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-04-05 02:08:47 UTC
J'Poll wrote:
Kaishou Kurosawa wrote:

If you are mining...

Also, ECCM helps by increasing your sensor strength and thus makes you harder to jam, but this comes with a price in the form that you will have to fit less tank on your miner.

Thanks, J'Poll.

I haven't learned how to set my drones to aggressive or passive yet.
J'Poll
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-04-05 02:29:03 UTC
Kaishou Kurosawa wrote:
J'Poll wrote:
Kaishou Kurosawa wrote:

If you are mining...

Thanks, J'Poll.

I haven't learned how to set my drones to aggressive or passive yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8b2g8g0zdz0s1o9/Screenshot%202014-04-04%2023.21.15.png

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Thomas Builder
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2014-04-05 02:30:36 UTC
Click on the small E sign in the upper left corner of your drone windows.

Also, for that to work you must have your drones out before the rats attacks and/or jams you. For some strange reason aggressive drones don't seem to attack targets that were already attacking you before the drones are launched. They seem to only attack targets that start attacking you after they are launched.
Kaishou Kurosawa
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-04-05 02:48:05 UTC
You know, you'd think I'd twig to the usefulness of that little E.

Thanks to both of you.
J'Poll
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-04-05 03:10:28 UTC
Thomas Builder wrote:
Click on the small E sign in the upper left corner of your drone windows.

Also, for that to work you must have your drones out before the rats attacks and/or jams you. For some strange reason aggressive drones don't seem to attack targets that were already attacking you before the drones are launched. They seem to only attack targets that start attacking you after they are launched.

That's because aggressive drones reacts on an act of aggression (so the creation of a red-boxing).

Tee Kay Solus
Poseidon Industries And Trading
#8 - 2014-04-05 09:34:55 UTC
Also there`s a useful set of skills that has been introduced some time ago i.e. Sensor Compensation skills

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Item_Database:Skills:Targeting

Different ships use different types of sensors. There are a total of 4 of them: Gravimetric, Radar, Ladar and Magnetometric. In order to check what type of sensor does your ship use right click on it and take a look at the information in the "show info" panel.

Caldari ships use Gravimetric
Amarr Radar
Gallente Magnetometric
Minmatar Ladar

Putting some skillpoints into these will ensure you a significantly increased resistance against electronic warfare coming form other ships.

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

• Maj. Gen. James Mattis
Kaishou Kurosawa
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-04-05 20:03:17 UTC
Tee Kay Solus wrote:
Also there`s a useful set of skills that has been introduced some time ago i.e. Sensor Compensation skills

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Item_Database:Skills:Targeting

Different ships use different types of sensors. There are a total of 4 of them: Gravimetric, Radar, Ladar and Magnetometric. In order to check what type of sensor does your ship use right click on it and take a look at the information in the "show info" panel.

Caldari ships use Gravimetric
Amarr Radar
Gallente Magnetometric
Minmatar Ladar

Putting some skillpoints into these will ensure you a significantly increased resistance against electronic warfare coming form other ships.

Tee Kay,
That is almost exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#10 - 2014-04-06 21:05:18 UTC
Though best option is to vacate to somewhere else where rats don't ecm you because nothing is as annoying as waiting for those strippers to cycle and then bammm that mofo gurista appears and poof goes your mining cycle. Roll

But even better option is to find something better then mining for your time in EVE. P