These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Future station interiors

Author
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#21 - 2014-04-04 19:14:57 UTC
Desivo Delta Visseroff wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

All I want to see is fighting in stations and corpses in huge glass tubes in the corporation HQ bar.

A shiv in the back resets you to an alpha cloneTwisted

Well hopefully we can get one of those nifty dust bunny implants.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#22 - 2014-04-04 19:20:38 UTC
Ginseng Jita wrote:
Expand station interiors? Never going to happen. Just wait until Star Citizen comes out - like a lot of other EVE players are doing.

I think that CCP's Soon and CIG's Soon are based on the same timescale....

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Herzog Wolfhammer
#23 - 2014-04-04 19:21:00 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Khergit Deserters wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
All I want to see is fighting in stations and corpses in huge glass tubes in the corporation HQ bar.

(There is no reason to have a HQ for a corporation but give us corporation hooches and EVERYBODY will want one)

Wishful thinking...

All CCP has to do it realize that they can change the way science fiction is consumed FOREVER with what they got here and they'll put more into the all around content instead of just listening to these min/maxer OCD babies who look at everything on the basis of "this does not improve the stats on my killboard/add ISK to my wallet".

Yep. I've had dibs on being the corp bartender since 2008, when CCP first announced "ambulation." Monocles, meh-- wait til you see a 1bil isk Chest Wound cocktail...

In case people haven't seen it, here's CCP's 2011 video of station interiors and WIS: EVE: A Future Vision.

I'll pay AUR for one of those little silicon ice trays that make ice cubes in the shapes of capsule and corpses.

Frankly I think that overall and long term concept might be too much for CCP and their ability to create content. Especially with hordes of nerdragers going "Muh ISK! Muh Killboard! This is not about my playstyle! Wahhhhhhhhh shoot the monument CCP going Barbie waaaaah!"

For that reason, were it up to me (™) I would open up content development to the players. Let the players create the models that can be imported to the station content (furniture, art, etc), set up a submit-and-review process, and then watch the stations fill up.

Brilliant. If the guidelines and a list of tools and conventions were specified, people would definitely do it. One thing about the EVE player base, it's pretty productive and it's pretty smart. Just look at the number of out-of-game tools out there.

I think the map-making would even be a bigger prospect. I've seen FPS maps where I could tell that whoever made the map really loved it. Spending all day making a COD map would probably make me want to impale myself on a wrought iron fence but there are people who could create the inside of a Gallente station and not even blink. We could get new content from them and shut up the "Muh numbers" crowd at the same time.

As for those drinks - I still have a 6 pack of Quafe which is basically a booster - imagine if the corporation bars could make boosters like "Rum and Quafe" or maybe a Khanid Libre or something like that. (you go faster but a little less straighter).

Oh the possibilities are endless.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Cpt Swagg
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#24 - 2014-04-04 19:23:31 UTC
So you want eve to be like wow
Herzog Wolfhammer
#25 - 2014-04-04 19:28:11 UTC
Cpt Swagg wrote:
So you want eve to be like wow

I want it to be better than WoW.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Natassia Krasnoo
R3D SHIFT
#26 - 2014-04-04 19:28:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Natassia Krasnoo
IMHO the only good reason for us to be able to walk around in stations is so we can put people we don't like into air locks and open them to space. Without that feature WIS would be a complete waste of Dev time and resources.
Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-04-04 19:28:49 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Desivo Delta Visseroff wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:

A shiv in the back resets you to an alpha cloneTwisted

Well hopefully we can get one of those nifty dust bunny implants.

Nope... Should have turned your head to D-Scan.

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

Herzog Wolfhammer
#28 - 2014-04-04 19:30:03 UTC
Natassia Krasnoo wrote:
IMHO the only good reason for us to be able to walk around in stations is so we can put people we don't like into air locks and open them to space. Without that feature WIS would be a complete waste of Dev time and resources.

The future vision video ends with someone having a gun pointed at their head. Never bring an airlock to a gunfight.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Shizuken
Venerated Stars
#29 - 2014-04-04 19:36:14 UTC
Shadowlightt wrote:
Hopefully when ccp makes a expansion expanding the station interiors and unlocking the secret door i was thinking stations would have at least 7 different levels or districts kinda like the citadel from mass effect you can buy certain stuff at shops like souvenoirs or pets to walk with ur character or get haircut at salons or go to plazas and socialize or even walk around the docking hangar and look at everyones ship that is docked i really would like to see this happen even though some have said ccp will never continue station interiors i still have hopes up

Trolling is bad mmmkay...
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2014-04-04 19:42:20 UTC
There's been lot's of threads posted about this subject for a very long time..

CCP worked on Station Interior and Avatar game content for years, then dumped it all due to incorporating a new graphics engine. Then CCP restarted work again and presented Character Creation, Captains Quarters, The NEX Store and Micro-Transactions as an expansion. Community rage and in-game rioting broke out due to lot's of reasons. Lack of expansion content, long list of bugs not being fixed, bad company PR work, unfinished game content, etc.

Basically that period of time will forever be known as 'The Summer Of Rage'.

CCP dropped work on Avatar content and after a while asked the community what they wanted. Community opinion was split. CCP then came out with a new idea and prototype of Avatar game content for exploration sites, Community opinion was again split and due to fear of rage riots happening again, CCP cans the prototype and stops all work on Avatar game content.

There was still a few items / options left to finish which have been slowly added to Character Creation. Meanwhile the Captains Quarters still remains a single room with a locked station door. CCP adding Avatar game content to Eve is nothing more than promises in the dark.

Evil

DMC
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#31 - 2014-04-04 21:15:10 UTC
According to the CSM minutes, there are plans to have expanded station interiors for high volume stations. However it is unlikely that those "expanded interiors" will have anything to do with opening the door.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#32 - 2014-04-05 01:25:00 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
According to the CSM minutes, there are plans to have expanded station interiors for high volume stations. However it is unlikely that those "expanded interiors" will have anything to do with opening the door.

That is excellent news.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Beekeeper Bob
Beekeepers Anonymous
#33 - 2014-04-05 06:16:10 UTC
By the time CCP figures out how to implement walking in stations, we'll probably already be doing that in RL.

Signature removed - CCP Eterne

JC Anderson
RED ROSE THORN
#34 - 2014-04-05 06:41:19 UTC  |  Edited by: JC Anderson
WIS was an active goal until all the backlash over it.

CCP later said it is on hold indefinitely with no plans to continue with it for the time being. I am sure they do not want to revisit that whole debacle. CCP staff were let go over it, replaced, funding was re-directed to other projects and for the most part it was a huge headache.
Webvan
All Kill No Skill
#35 - 2014-04-05 06:56:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Webvan
Bah wis umph. Needs weapon racks, functional, 1 for the brainpan.
~EVE SIMS©~

Needs proper FPS style character mechanics :P

Edit: what was said in above post. No, they were talking last year of working on something. Not specifically WiS but boarding enemy stations or such, but walking in them or something. But really, they just need to redo the whole system imo, more FPS shooter like. What they did was more 'artsy' rather than functional for a game. They put so much work into something that more or less became obsolete within months of release compared to other 'artsy' systems/platforms. They should have put less time/effort into beauty and more work into functionality and content rather than the hard work for the tiny amount of finished content on release. So yeah, wis failed. That and because all this effort went into wis while long term bugs were still just being passed over. Lots of improvement since, though.

I'm in it for the money

Ctrl+Alt+Shift+F12

Sher Rayet
#36 - 2014-04-05 09:21:30 UTC
WiS would have a better chance if there was more devs to deliver the content without hampering the outer space experience.

I don't think CCP said exactly the plans for WiS and left everyone on edge since the delivery of CQ was poor. That expansion had a lot of engine problems as well and forced a lot of people to stare at a door.jpg.

Previous page12