These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

The AFK Life

Author
Michael Ruckert
Hohere Kavallerie-Kommando
#1 - 2014-04-03 18:20:24 UTC
It's time to hear from capsulers who enjoy the AFK life. Yes, The New Order belittles it and grizzled EVE vets tell newbies not to do it. Yet there you are - part of the mysterious EVE AFK community.

So share with us this life. Enlighten us. What mysterious rituals do you perform while away from EVE space? Do you laugh when you return to find your ship a debris field, knowing you can replace it a hundred times over with your isk pool? Do you beam with pride to find your ship untouched by EVE ruffians after making that five course gourmet dinner? Come out from the shadows - share your lifestyle. And be proud - post in your main!

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

Spurty
#2 - 2014-04-03 18:23:31 UTC
And I always find .. ... one sec .. afk

There are good ships,

And wood ships,

And ships that sail the sea

But the best ships are Spaceships

Built by CCP

Tollen Gallen
Glory of Reprisal Enterprise
#3 - 2014-04-03 18:27:08 UTC
Michael Ruckert wrote:
Buff High Sec

I like Waffles.

Zimmy Zeta - I f*cking love martinis. the original ones, with gin, not that vodka martini crap. Your old Friends can use me for 7 days, free!!!

Douglas Nolm
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-04-03 18:27:29 UTC
They can't reply, they're all AFK!
Organic Lager
Drinking Buddies
#5 - 2014-04-03 18:31:47 UTC
No doubt the same things you do while you wait for that auto piloting raven attempt to use your gate.
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#6 - 2014-04-03 18:32:38 UTC
Isn't that just called "a life".
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-04-03 18:34:53 UTC
It's always entertaining to fall asleep while roaming nullsec and to wake up with your uncloaked Tengu still sitting on that gate five hours later.
If gate rats had spawned even they would have killed me.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#8 - 2014-04-03 18:36:24 UTC
Back, sry. Was afk. Your question can be answered simpl....., hang on. Procurers are empty and commercial is over. brb.

Big smile

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#9 - 2014-04-03 18:42:28 UTC
Safari thread, best thread.

Red 3 standing by.

Red 5 standing by.

Red 2 standing by.

Big Red standing by.

Red October standing by.

Locator agents are standing by.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Natassia Krasnoo
R3D SHIFT
#10 - 2014-04-03 18:44:53 UTC
I'd tell you...but I'd have to AFK you if I did.
Belt Scout
Thread Lockaholics Anonymous
#11 - 2014-04-03 18:51:17 UTC
Back. Ok, where was I? Oh yeah. The most important thing that needs to a'ks'opi A'SA' 8f9a09 sd60af a 0sd980a9sd-0 f8s8d6f0a9s 7df0as dda
s
d

g23546b
s
dd
b
b
v
as

g
vwert

Sorry about that. Cat laid on kb wanting to be pet. Anyway, The most important thing to .......wait brb...shows back on.

They say most of your brain shuts down on the EvE forums. All but the impatient side, and the sarcastic side. No wonder I'm still awake.

**This IS my main so STFU.

Volar Kang
Kang Industrial
#12 - 2014-04-03 19:34:14 UTC
I sometimes use the bathroom when playing Eve, does that count?
KnowUsByTheDead
Sunlight...Through The Blight.
#13 - 2014-04-03 19:39:40 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Safari thread, best thread.

Red 3 standing by.

Red 5 standing by.

Red 2 standing by.

Big Red standing by.

Red October standing by.

Locator agents are standing by.

Does anyone have roles on the inside?

API check required?

Pirate

Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the comedian is the only thing that makes sense.

Batelle
Federal Navy Academy
#14 - 2014-04-03 19:53:39 UTC
I was going to post a serious response, but no one else seems to be.

"**CCP is changing policy, and has asked that we discontinue the bonus credit program after November 7th. So until then, enjoy a super-bonus of 1B Blink Credit for each 60-day GTC you buy!"**

Never forget.

Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#15 - 2014-04-03 19:56:54 UTC
If you can't work on your tan when camping a system in a cov-ops, you are playing EVE completely wrong.

Mr Epeen Cool
Muestereate
Minions LLC
#16 - 2014-04-03 20:00:07 UTC
Every day is a victory. I feel bad for ganker tears. I try not to taunt them and add to their pain. Every high sec gate camp is a tuta-loo suckers. Yes the afk life is great, No offensive weapons means I don't have to worry about gate, sentry, or concord mechanics. Of course my safety is on anyhow, can't be too safe around here. Its like heaven but not as boring as null sec. I null when I'm afk, I'm not beating anybody, we rarely get to dockup and claim victory. But in highsec, everybody that doesn't get me is a tard. All day long I'm surrounded by tards that can't get me. I am the champion of my armchair, netflix looms large, larger than eve, why use big screens for EVE when you can use them for netflix instead? And while I'm over in the other chair, lets not forget about Pizza, and Barbq and buttermilk, the old fashion kind with real butter flakes and a big yellow ring around the rim. And my throne room. Few have as complete a library. What books are in yours? Oh!! You can't read can't read on the throne cause your not AFK? Not only am I a champion but all the people that don't get me are apparently dumb too. All AFKers are more well read and intelligent than dumb ganker bullies and bumpers. I have no doubt some could improve their mind, In fact I'm sure they should. But they won't, they are lazy and won't go afk so they can crack a book. Talk about drones, no wonder I beat them all.
Wulfgar WarHammer
Unrustled
#17 - 2014-04-03 20:06:37 UTC
Doesn't deserve a serious response...

But while I'm AFK-mining, I work. Software development. I have 2 monitors and my laptop, boss is cool with me using one of the monitors for EvE.

So I guess I'm not really AFK :)
Muestereate
Minions LLC
#18 - 2014-04-03 20:12:43 UTC
I just discovered Anaconda while AFK, you know that python scipy package with ironpyon?
Michael Ruckert
Hohere Kavallerie-Kommando
#19 - 2014-04-03 20:19:14 UTC
Muestereate wrote:
Every day is a victory. I feel bad for ganker tears. I try not to taunt them and add to their pain. Every high sec gate camp is a tuta-loo suckers. Yes the afk life is great, No offensive weapons means I don't have to worry about gate, sentry, or concord mechanics. Of course my safety is on anyhow, can't be too safe around here. Its like heaven but not as boring as null sec. I null when I'm afk, I'm not beating anybody, we rarely get to dockup and claim victory. But in highsec, everybody that doesn't get me is a tard. All day long I'm surrounded by tards that can't get me. I am the champion of my armchair, netflix looms large, larger than eve, why use big screens for EVE when you can use them for netflix instead? And while I'm over in the other chair, lets not forget about Pizza, and Barbq and buttermilk, the old fashion kind with real butter flakes and a big yellow ring around the rim. And my throne room. Few have as complete a library. What books are in yours? Oh!! You can't read can't read on the throne cause your not AFK? Not only am I a champion but all the people that don't get me are apparently dumb too. All AFKers are more well read and intelligent than dumb ganker bullies and bumpers. I have no doubt some could improve their mind, In fact I'm sure they should. But they won't, they are lazy and won't go afk so they can crack a book. Talk about drones, no wonder I beat them all.

There goes a MAN!

"No matter how well you perform there's always somebody of intelligent opinion who thinks it's lousy." - Laurence Olivier

psychorapist
Thunderous Hemoroid Enterprises
#20 - 2014-04-03 20:24:36 UTC
Volar Kang wrote:
I sometimes use the bathroom when playing Eve, does that count?

You should play EVE in the bathroom instead.
12Next page