These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Burn Jita 2014

First post
Author
Shadowlightt
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-04-02 14:39:35 UTC
Will it happen?
Natassia Krasnoo
R3D SHIFT
#2 - 2014-04-02 14:42:59 UTC
Why would it?
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#3 - 2014-04-02 14:45:17 UTC
From what I'm getting it'll be bigger than just jita with code declaring their war and goons doing theirs. I haven't heard full details on goons event though. If the with to hurt the markets they need to do more than 1 trade hub and non stop. Even than that will creat profit for the high sec guys

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Adrie Atticus
Circle Mercs
#4 - 2014-04-02 14:46:01 UTC
Jita is empty as hell at the moment, seen 3 spammers in 2 hours.

Who burned all the bots?
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#5 - 2014-04-02 14:46:19 UTC
Not-so stealth E1 thread detected.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

Serene Repose
#6 - 2014-04-02 14:48:02 UTC
The stupidity of it - Burn Jita - as if. Geez. Go out there and do it. Spend a nice weekend. Spend the weekend you promised your gf you'd realize she has a pulse. We can't wait.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Shadowlightt
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-04-02 14:51:42 UTC
Agondray wrote:
From what I'm getting it'll be bigger than just jita with code declaring their war and goons doing theirs. I haven't heard full details on goons event though. If the with to hurt the markets they need to do more than 1 trade hub and non stop. Even than that will creat profit for the high sec guys

When do u think they will do the event
hedge betts Shiyurida
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#8 - 2014-04-02 14:52:59 UTC
Shadowlightt wrote:
Will it happen?

It depends.

Will the mittani threaten to kill someone again and get a crappy ban from CCP. And would his groupies go on a rage and really achieve nothin.

Maybe...

Pog mo thoin

Malcolm from Marketing
Klaatu Technologies
Disavowed.
#9 - 2014-04-02 14:55:55 UTC
Agondray wrote:
From what I'm getting it'll be bigger than just jita with code declaring their war and goons doing theirs.

CODE doing theirs? LOL
KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#10 - 2014-04-02 14:59:54 UTC
Agondray wrote:
From what I'm getting it'll be bigger than just jita with code declaring their war and goons doing theirs.

Lol, CODE. declaring war.

So they might get 5 badly tanked industrials per day instead of their usual 2.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#11 - 2014-04-02 15:01:17 UTC
Who cares

All the cool kids shop in Amarr these days.

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#12 - 2014-04-02 15:02:52 UTC
Shadowlightt wrote:
Will it happen?

A Scene From Brave[Pod]....

"[Feyd Rautha Harkonnen]: ...I see a whole army of [capsuleers], here in defiance of [pansification]. You've come to fight as free men... and free men you are. What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?

[CSM]: Fight? Against that? No! We will [pander]. And we will [go to fanfest].

[Feyd Rautha Harkonnen]: Aye, fight and you may [not get invited to beer binges]. [pander], and you'll [drink with Ripard Teg]... at least a while. And [stuck playing space-WoW], many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell [the pansies] that they may take our [forums], but they'll never take... OUR [SANDBOX!]

[Feyd Rautha Harkonnen]: HTFU gu bràth!
["HTFU forever!"]"
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#13 - 2014-04-02 15:10:07 UTC
... yawns... failed attempt at player driven content requires actual effort... easier to chill in our "Lazy Boys", make occassional "grrrrrr, CCP" noises, and collect tribute from the "The Projects" in Null... and who really wants to miss nap time or reruns of "Buffy" ... yawns

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Erin Crawford
#14 - 2014-04-02 15:15:58 UTC
who cares!

"Those who talk don’t know. Those who know don’t talk. "

WASPY69
Xerum.
#15 - 2014-04-02 15:31:13 UTC
No it definitely won't happen. Please continue to afk haul billions in T1 haulers to Jita.

This signature intentionally left blank

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#16 - 2014-04-02 15:37:39 UTC
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Who cares

All the cool kids shop in Amarr these days.

confirming Amarr local is ******* funny.
Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-04-02 16:11:03 UTC
hedge betts Shiyurida wrote:
Will the mittani threaten to kill someone again and get a crappy ban from CCP. And would his groupies go on a rage and really achieve nothin.

Maybe...

Burn Jita had nothing to do with what happenend at fan-fest, it was announced and plan well before - as a "reward" for getting more than 10k votes.
Goa Chai
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-04-02 16:17:07 UTC
Don't these sort of events only serve to help highsec by forcibly liquidating assets that in turn need to be reproduced and resold?

Hek "Burn Jita" should probably be called Buff Jita.
masternerdguy
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-04-02 16:18:53 UTC
Goa Chai wrote:
Don't these sort of events only serve to help highsec by forcibly liquidating assets that in turn need to be reproduced and resold?

Hek "Burn Jita" should probably be called Buff Jita.

The economic impact of Burn Jita is insignificant. The drama is where the fun is!

Things are only impossible until they are not.

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#20 - 2014-04-02 16:19:24 UTC
Not sure if you noticed, but Jita burns every day! Perhaps not on the scale you wish, but burn it does!

Turn on your starmap, activate kills last 24 hours. The Big Red Circle in highsec is Jita, can't miss it. This is every day, 7 days on 7, all year long.

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

12Next page