These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

JUMP button - make it unactive as before

Author
Nasopraso
BRUTAL GENESIS
GaNg BaNg TeAm
#1 - 2011-11-30 08:44:17 UTC

This was a fail fix. - What will happen when we are on a fleet and the other side is camped.. our FC say warp to the gate and instead "warp" button I press "Jump" button??!! I will tell you - you warp on the gate at zero, automatic jump and die!!!

http://eve-kill.net/?a=pilot_detail&plt_id=95764

Solinuas
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2011-11-30 09:02:39 UTC
Than that was completely your fault, dont accidentally click jump
Zedrah
#3 - 2011-11-30 11:16:18 UTC
According to CCP Soulblighter, you can do "Stop Ship" and it will cancel the jump, assuming it applies when having used Jump to initiate warp, rather than warping and queuing Jump in warp.
DooDoo Gum
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2011-11-30 12:01:33 UTC
ctrl-space should stop it as per usual... but as said above, jumping when you are not told to is your own fault
Ancy Denaries
Frontier Venture
#5 - 2011-11-30 14:46:21 UTC
That is nothing but fail on your part. Press the right button, or cancel the jump during warp. The new functionality is win.

"Shoot at anything that moves. If it doesn't move, shoot it anyway, it might move later."

"Do not be too positive. The light at the end of the tunnel could be a train." - Franz Kafka

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2011-11-30 16:19:45 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:

This was a fail fix. - What will happen when we are on a fleet and the other side is camped.. our FC say warp to the gate and instead "warp" button I press "Jump" button??!! I will tell you - you warp on the gate at zero, automatic jump and die!!!

Click the right button. I'm not seeing the issue here.,

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Jill Antaris
Jill's Open Incursion Corp
#7 - 2011-11-30 16:54:29 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:

The same thing as with all the people pressing warp instead of align? Is it really hard to press the right button or make a easy to use hotkey for this if you have troubles with the small buttons?
mxzf
Shovel Bros
#8 - 2011-11-30 18:55:44 UTC
Actually, I think that change was the single best thing in the entire patch (and there is a lot of awesome stuff in there). If you click the wrong button, that's not CCP's fault. I'm guessing you would also blame them for implementing a self destruct button if you hit that too.
Nasopraso
BRUTAL GENESIS
GaNg BaNg TeAm
#9 - 2011-11-30 19:20:34 UTC
Anyway I don't like it. It's just like to enter through door without key which is 100 miles away

mxzf
Shovel Bros
#10 - 2011-11-30 21:23:11 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:
Anyway I don't like it. It's just like to enter through door without key which is 100 miles away

No, it's like saying "I'm heading to that door and I'm going to go through it when I get there". I don't know about you, but I don't wait 'till I get all the way to the door before I decide if I'm going to go through it.
Venus Rinah
Arcanum Industry
#11 - 2011-11-30 21:50:28 UTC
mxzf wrote:
Nasopraso wrote:

No, it's like saying "I'm heading to that door and I'm going to go through it when I get there". I don't know about you, but I don't wait 'till I get all the way to the door before I decide if I'm going to go through it.

Made me smile.
Noillia Durmot
Marginally Sinister
#12 - 2011-12-01 12:46:41 UTC
Lemming.
Zedrah
#13 - 2011-12-01 15:00:43 UTC
mxzf wrote:
Nasopraso wrote:

Well, more like you tell the crew that's your plan, and they execute your orders whilst you have a little nap.
Lin Fatale
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#14 - 2011-12-01 15:13:15 UTC
mxzf wrote:
Nasopraso wrote:

situations are changing midwarp sometimes
ofc not for highsecbears
Velicitia
XS Tech
#15 - 2011-12-01 15:36:24 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:

did you remember to scream "LEEEEROY JENKINS!" in comms?Lol

but, yeah ... as others have said ... CTRL + Space whilst in warp will land you on the gate and not jump you thru.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Nasopraso
BRUTAL GENESIS
GaNg BaNg TeAm
#16 - 2011-12-02 18:28:55 UTC
CCP just make turn on/off option for this button and everybody will be happy ffs!

Today 3 ppl died like that

De'Veldrin
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2011-12-02 18:33:37 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:
Anyway I don't like it.

Your opinion has been noted.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Feligast
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2011-12-02 20:09:37 UTC
Nasopraso wrote:
CCP just make turn on/off option for this button and everybody will be happy ffs!

Natural selection at work.
iownuall123
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#19 - 2011-12-02 21:39:15 UTC  |  Edited by: iownuall123
Nasopraso wrote:

Then the people you run with don't know what they're doing and deserved to get jumped. Don't complain about a feature just because you don't know how to use it properly.
Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#20 - 2011-12-02 23:03:39 UTC
Hey man, if you could FRAPS a recording or TS audio copy of one of these incidents happening, it would confim that this is a serious issue and would probably flag down CCP dev attention that much sooner. Don't listen to these trolls and do what it takes to get this mistake resolved!
12Next page