These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

An Announcement Regarding Real Life Harassment

First post First post First post
Author
Klyith
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1301 - 2014-03-29 12:22:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Klyith
Sohkar has not been banned, at least not of last night when he was on Eve Radio having a discussion with Erotica1 and others.
edit: twitch.tv/everadiolive

In that interview he in fact said that he maybe deserved a ban as well because of the things he said in the recording.
Plug in Baby
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1302 - 2014-03-29 12:26:49 UTC
Klyith wrote:
Sohkar has not been banned, at least not of last night when he was on Eve Radio having a discussion with Erotica1 and others..

Sohkar can't be banned as per CCP policy

Quote:
We are not able to take anything from any third parties as evidences to accuse any players.

Seems pretty clear cut to me, anything you do on the Eve sever is banable, anything outside is not.

Not really sure what all the fuss is about, unless CCP are being inconsistent with their policies and I can't imagine they would ever do that now would they? Lol

This is not a forum alt, this is a forum main.

Tesco Ergo Sum
#1303 - 2014-03-29 12:30:50 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3627268#post3627268

Seems as relevant today as it was then...

Simple rules to play EVE by:

Don't trust anything CCP say about EULA/TOS/the magical "emergent gameplay"/0.01 ISK/etc
Don't trust anything forums trolls write

Either do it yourself and find out the hard way,

Or don't do it at all...
Little Dragon Khamez
Guardians of the Underworld
#1304 - 2014-03-29 12:31:35 UTC
Sipphakta en Gravonere wrote:
Little Dragon Khamez wrote:
Has Sokhar been banned too?

CCP usually doesn't reveal if a player has been banned, why don't you ask Sokhar himself?

Because he might call me the N-word!

Then you file a petition and he's done for. What is the problem?

That might be a good idea. If you listen to the recordings you can clearly hear him ranting and raving in temper and using the N-word to very great effect.

I don't have time for racists and wouldn't want to contact anyone or spend time with someone that uses racist language and terms of speech in an attempt to belittle other people. Anyhow other posters have quite correctly reminded me of the CCP privacy policy on this so I'll leave it be. I'm not in that much of a strong desire to know that would warrant me contacting him directly.

Dumbing down of Eve Online will result in it's destruction...

Dorn Val
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1305 - 2014-03-29 12:31:50 UTC
Dorn Val wrote:
I'm not defending the way that Erotica 1was playing the game, but I am questioning CCP's reaction to it. Since Erotica1 was banned for breaking a fuzzy rule

He was? Could you link the post where it is explained on what grounds Erotica got banned?

Point.

Sandbox: An enclosed area filled with sand for children engaged in open-ended, unstructured, imaginative play. Also a place for cats to urinate and defecate...

Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1306 - 2014-03-29 12:32:14 UTC
Plug in Baby wrote:
Seems pretty clear cut to me, anything you do on the Eve sever is banable, anything outside is not.

Not really sure what all the fuss is about, unless CCP are being inconsistent with their policies and I can't imagine they would ever do that now would they? Lol

I guess the evidence is examined on a case-by-case basis. And a TS recording that matches up with in-game happenings (API, Pod kills) will have more value than some random screenshot of an e-mail that may be easily forged.
Dorn Val
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1307 - 2014-03-29 12:35:27 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
olan2005 wrote:
you don't know that he wasn't unlike erotic1 he has not made any public statement. And again E1 got what he wanted the guy snapped said some very reprehensible things , but circumstances mean he should not receive the same level of punishment as E1
So to be clear, you're saying that racism and death threats are OK under some circumstances? Especially when someone got your internet space pixels. I disagree, there is NEVER a reason for that.

This ^

Sandbox: An enclosed area filled with sand for children engaged in open-ended, unstructured, imaginative play. Also a place for cats to urinate and defecate...

Shahrokh Dariush
Conspicuous Trading Company
#1308 - 2014-03-29 12:44:41 UTC
Klyith wrote:
Sohkar has not been banned, at least not of last night when he was on Eve Radio having a discussion with Erotica1 and others.
edit: twitch.tv/everadiolive

In that interview he in fact said that he maybe deserved a ban as well because of the things he said in the recording.

The amount of bullshit coming out of his mouth (Erotica 1) is amusing... He's just a nice guy trying to help people and always take their feelings into account... yeeeah..
Asia Leigh
Kenshin.
Fraternity.
#1309 - 2014-03-29 12:44:57 UTC
Plug in Baby wrote:
Klyith wrote:
Sohkar has not been banned, at least not of last night when he was on Eve Radio having a discussion with Erotica1 and others..

Quote:
We are not able to take anything from any third parties as evidences to accuse any players.

Along these same lines, CCP cant use a 3rd party source to ban Erotica. After all the recording was made using 3rd party software and posted on 2 3rd party websites. Just saying...
Apply the damn rules equally >.>
Little Dragon Khamez
#1310 - 2014-03-29 12:49:21 UTC
Plug in Baby wrote:
Klyith wrote:

Quote:

If this is true then Erotica shouldn't be banned either.

Sentamon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#1311 - 2014-03-29 12:49:36 UTC
Unless I completely missed something, we're still talking about asking someone to volunteer to read and sing songs in teamspeak in some elaborate scam to take their virtual currency that has 0 real world value.

Or did something else happen?

~ Professional Forum Alt  ~

Plug in Baby
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1312 - 2014-03-29 12:50:04 UTC
I guess the evidence is examined on a case-by-case basis. And a TS recording that matches up with in-game happenings (API, Pod kills) will have more value than some random screenshot of an e-mail that may be easily forged.

It says
Quote:
not able to use anything
not
Quote:
only able to use things that are above a critical difficulty to forge and matches up with in-game happenings (API, Pod Kills)

The policy seems pretty clear, the TS evidence can not be used at all so Sohkar cannot be banned (unless of course he has broken the EULA within the game itself as well and CCP has first hand evidence).

This is not a forum alt, this is a forum main.

Little Dragon Khamez
#1313 - 2014-03-29 12:52:37 UTC
but the TS recording is what all of the fuss is about, so in this case it seems obvious that CCP have considered it as evidence.

I know that this is merely speculation, but the point of the original complaint to ccp was the bonus room antics, all of which took place on TS.

Darkopus
Perkone
Caldari State
#1314 - 2014-03-29 12:54:54 UTC
Has Sokhar been banned too?

CCP usually doesn't reveal if a player has been banned, why don't you ask Sokhar himself?

Because he might call me the N-word!

Then you file a petition and he's done for. What is the problem?

That might be a good idea. If you listen to the recordings you can clearly hear him ranting and raving in temper and using the N-word to very great effect.

I don't have time for racists and wouldn't want to contact anyone or spend time with someone that uses racist language and terms of speech in an attempt to belittle other people. Anyhow other posters have quite correctly reminded me of the CCP privacy policy on this so I'll leave it be. I'm not in that much of a strong desire to know that would warrant me contacting him directly.

I don' thave time for sociopaths that attempt to hide behind the veil of a game when getting kicks out of publicly humiliating people for their own masturbatory pleasure. It would appear that CCP thinks the same which is why that deranged fool has been ejected from the game.
olan2005
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1315 - 2014-03-29 12:55:13 UTC
Dorn Val wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
olan2005 wrote:
you don't know that he wasn't unlike erotic1 he has not made any public statement. And again E1 got what he wanted the guy snapped said some very reprehensible things , but circumstances mean he should not receive the same level of punishment as E1
So to be clear, you're saying that racism and death threats are OK under some circumstances? Especially when someone got your internet space pixels. I disagree, there is NEVER a reason for that.

This ^

Read and comprehend Keyword reprehensible as unacceptable . Racism is never ok. I said he should recieve some punishment , but the CIRCUMSTANCES shuld be taken into account. To the best of my knowledge he has never spouted racist crap all over the internet , and made it public . His racist rant, deathreats etc was not intentional . It was a emotional spur of the moment reaction to which he apoligised . When your emotions run high you have never said anything you later regret. Unlike Erotica1 this was not premeditated , and planned out. That fact should be taken into account .
Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1316 - 2014-03-29 12:59:45 UTC
Plug in Baby wrote:

It says
Quote:
not able to use anything
not
Quote:
only able to use things that are above a critical difficulty to forge and matches up with in-game happenings (API, Pod Kills)

The policy seems pretty clear, the TS evidence can not be used at all so Sohkar cannot be banned (unless of course he has broken the EULA within the game itself as well and CCP has first hand evidence).

This might well be a case of one GM not knowing what the other did. Or the policy has been updated. But we won't know because CCP won't release details (and rightly so).

Thinking about it, the Mittani incident is pretty much evidence that this policy isn't as clear as you make it out to be.
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
Two Vargurs one Hole
#1317 - 2014-03-29 13:00:18 UTC
Will Erotica 1 still go onto the memorial?
olan2005
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1318 - 2014-03-29 13:01:55 UTC
doubt it , his name now carries to much negative press. CCP dont want the constant reminder of this incident
Little Dragon Khamez
#1319 - 2014-03-29 13:02:08 UTC
Darkopus wrote:

I don' thave time for sociopaths that attempt to hide behind the veil of a game when getting kicks out of publicly humiliating people for their own masturbatory pleasure. It would appear that CCP thinks the same which is why that deranged fool has been ejected from the game.

fair point!

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#1320 - 2014-03-29 13:02:55 UTC
olan2005 wrote:
Read and comprehend Keyword reprehensible as unacceptable . Racism is never ok. I said he should recieve some punishment , but the CIRCUMSTANCES shuld be taken into account. To the best of my knowledge he has never spouted racist crap all over the internet , and made it public . His racist rant, deathreats etc was not intentional . It was a emotional spur of the moment reaction to which he apoligised . When your emotions run high you have never said anything you later regret. Unlike Erotica1 this was not premeditated , and planned out. That fact should be taken into account .
I'd say that if he didn't intentionally spout racism, that's just as bad that he did, if not worse, since that means that when put under pressure his instinct is to resort to racism.

And sure, I've said things I regret under emotional stress. I've never and will never hurl racists abuse because of it though.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.