These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM Feedback to CCP

First post First post First post
Author
Delt0r Garsk
Shits N Giggles
#41 - 2014-03-29 11:46:15 UTC
Option 1 is really what we don't want. Otherwise there would be more people on the forums complaining. they are not. They are not even logging into the forums because everything is fine and the whole E1 thing is a few self important people who think they should tell everyone else what they want, and how to play the game.

Go on. Ask in game. Not here where there is hardly anyone. Most people haven't' even heard of the latest E1 crap and just don't care, and still wouldn't care even if you did tell them.

AKA the scientist.

Death and Glory!

Well fun is also good.

Aivo Dresden
State War Academy
Caldari State
#42 - 2014-03-29 11:47:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Aivo Dresden
The only thing I want is a clearly drawn line. I don't care if that line is set at racial harassment, real life threats, inappropriate sexual harassment, or just calling people douches, but at least then we have a line. So in that aspect, yes I want option 1.

Option 1 doesn't mean that every single thing you say is a policy violation. It just means that we have a line known and visible for everyone, that can't be crossed. That's all really. If that line is drawn at racial slurs, so be it. If the line is drawn at calling someone an ass, well that would suck but at least we have a clear line then.
Pak Narhoo
Splinter Foundation
#43 - 2014-03-29 11:49:03 UTC
I'm, if my voice has any weight, for #2 yet,

" …and that while every kind of in-game space-villainy is legitimate, we're all actual human beings behind the screen and we should be careful with our out of game actions to each other. "

^the above is something E1 & Co. clearly have no idea what that means.

So what happens if others like that^ pop-up on our radar?
Purity by Fire
Purity Tax Haven
#44 - 2014-03-29 11:55:14 UTC
option 2

However I would like the EULA to be looked into again in the scripting of rules and regulations.

I think a higher authority of escalation is required and not just stop at say GM Nova. I believe in certain high cases a GM panel needs to review with an elected CSM.

This gives total balance to certain grey areas within EULA

So like after 76 petitions I still dont have a logical normal answer.   Fly safe and fly true and use your headset on the Loo

Klyith
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2014-03-29 11:56:01 UTC
I'm gonna go with option 1, that way we can quit playing because the only thing that makes Eve different will be gone.

But that's because you didn't give me a choice for Option 2.1: Continue with the status quo but keep matters of bad personal interactions between the GMs and the directly involved players, and not determined by who can write the most overwrought blog post or stir up the biggest threadnaught. Unlike RMT or client modification, harassment and bullying are matters of context and opinion, not fact. If none of the involved parties feels harassed or bullied, it wasn't harassment or bullying.
Wulfy Johnson
NorCorp Security
#46 - 2014-03-29 11:56:19 UTC
Maybe edit in a link to the book "common sense" into option 2 as reference to that invisible line in the sand rule..
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#47 - 2014-03-29 11:58:30 UTC
Purity by Fire wrote:
option 2

However I would like the EULA to be looked into again in the scripting of rules and regulations.

I think a higher authority of escalation is required and not just stop at say GM Nova. I believe in certain high cases a GM panel needs to review with an elected CSM.

This gives total balance to certain grey areas within EULA

This issue was raised with CCP, and you'll be happy to know that in this specific incidence, CCP consulted the CSM very throughly indeed.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

ACE McFACE
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#48 - 2014-03-29 11:59:28 UTC

Now, more than ever, we need a dislike button.

Genseric Tollaris
Hard Cog Industry
#49 - 2014-03-29 12:00:48 UTC
Option 2 please.
Shahrokh Dariush
Conspicuous Trading Company
#50 - 2014-03-29 12:02:46 UTC
If 2) represents where we are after yesterdays action by CCP, then 2) it is.

There has to be a line somewhere. I don't mind if it's "blurry" (to the players), as long as CCP has a clear line that they themselves follow. Having a perfectly defined line allows, as many have pointed out, players to skirt up to the line and dance around. When the line is blurred, and they risk stepping over it, perhaps they will exercise a little more common sense in how they treat others (and not go to these extremes as have been brought up in the past month(s)).
Mara Pahrdi
The Order of Anoyia
#51 - 2014-03-29 12:04:30 UTC
#2.

Overall CCP is doing a good job. It's not always going to be the easy way and there will be discussions every now and then. But I'm optimistic, that we can sort it out.

Remove standings and insurance.

Lupe Meza
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#52 - 2014-03-29 12:06:44 UTC

Eve isn't real life, but how you treat other human beings is.
Wesley Otsdarva
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2014-03-29 12:07:46 UTC
2, I feel with the announcement that they pretty much described it as.

"If you are wondering if you crossed the line, you crossed it. Be a moral human being."
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#54 - 2014-03-29 12:13:39 UTC
2 but with of course with the understanding that freedoms mean taking responsibility and failing to play responsibly could mean bannation. None of this "my ethical standards are so much lower than other people I didn't consider it irresponsible" rubbish.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Sipphakta en Gravonere
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#55 - 2014-03-29 12:26:56 UTC

I don't want CCP to shield players from random bad words thrown at them, but they of course SHOULD intervene and take action when targeted and sustained harassment or threats of doing RL harm happen.
Jawls Rohn
Neon Incorporated
#56 - 2014-03-29 12:44:01 UTC
2 please.
Baneken
Arctic Light Inc.
Arctic Light
#57 - 2014-03-29 12:48:16 UTC
I vote for option 2) because it's only option that keeps EVE as it is.

People claim that they don't know where the boundaries are but people tend to lie when they play with fire and burn the house down.
Do they complain when caught ? Well of c. they do it's the human nature to blame everyone but your self when you f*ck up.
Apocriphia
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#58 - 2014-03-29 12:48:19 UTC
I Love Boobies
All Hail Boobies
#59 - 2014-03-29 12:55:51 UTC
Definitely 2. Use common sense... but unfortunately, some people fail to do so, so CCP has to take action. Of course it's going to cause an uproar when they do, but it's needed. Also, it also shows that CCP isn't afraid to take action when it is warranted, as in the 2 or 3 highest profile cases in Eve history.
Mag's
Azn Empire
#60 - 2014-03-29 12:56:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
A little of all three could work, but would be trouble to police.

2 really is the option that suits Eve best I guess, but CCP should try to be a little more consistent in it's approach. In all areas.

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.